Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BMI around 40 and excess skin?

Does your excess skin bother you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Does your excess skin bother you?

• Don't have any
    • Only on my arms
    • Only on my belly
    • Only on my legs

My excess skin bothers me i have loose skin on my tummy, boobs & arms, i am meetimg a plastic surgeonon 25th sept about initially having a Tummy Tuck done. Im excited & a little nervous about this. All should go well hope fully.:)

I have loose skin on my arms, legs, stomach, and boobs. If I had a plastic surgery fairy godmother, I would have the arms done first, then the legs (lower body lift), then the tummy and boobs. No implants, though. I would just like to put them back where they used to be.

My starting BMI was 41 & I had a terrible hanging belly! I had 3 pregnancies (2 were c-sections) though, so I don't know if that contributed to it. My boobs also were non-existent by the time I lost 80 pounds - so I had plastics: a Tummy Tuck and a breast lift w/aug. I don't like my arms, but they aren't so bad that I would risk another surgery for them. Same with my legs. It got to a point where I hated to look at myself in the mirror - I think I liked seeing myself naked when I was fat better, because at least everything was filled out! Hanging, empty, saggy, wrinkly, strecthed out and stretch-mark covered skin is not attractive, and I don't think for me that any amount of exercise would have helped it!

Kristin

Ladies,

I'm curious . . . what was your starting BMI, weight and height before banding. Also, how often were you working out pre-band versus post-band and what is your actual exercise regimen?

I voted for my belly, but have loose skin all over. Started a little higher at 48 BMI. I hope to have PS some day, still have plenty more to loose first. I will say though that the extra skin is well worth feeling as good as I do minus 90 pounds. Wouldn't change that for the world. My BMI is now down to 35.

I am facing a full-body lift. I am very unhappy with my extra skin as I have posted before. I feel like I my skin is that of an 80 year old.

Ladies,

I'm curious . . . what was your starting BMI, weight and height before banding. Also, how often were you working out pre-band versus post-band and what is your actual exercise regimen?

Randi - I am 5'4 and weighed 242 when I started. I was not exercising pre-band and did not seriously start a program until I was 11 months out and weighing 170ish. At that point I found a personal trainer and worked out with weights 3x a week & cardi 5x a week - spinning &kickboxing classes or elliptical for cardio, and weights was free weights and the circuit machines. I wish I had started earlier because I felt so much better once I started exercising, but I don't think it would have helped my excess skin issue.

Kristin

My starting BMI was lower at 36 and I voted "dont have any" but that's not really true. I just dont have enough that I could ever in a million years get a Tummy Tuck covered by insurance. I have nothing that "hangs" but my belly is very doughy, its never going to be a real bikini belly, but at 40 I dont really care about that, lol. I have a slight bit of loose skin in my upper arms, again, not enough to do anything about, more to look my age. My boobs are a disaster, lol, but they were before hand, I've been a good dairy cow for 3 kids.

For a few years pre band all I did exercise wise was walking, and not regularly. I was a gym member too and did that sporadically as well. But I have a history of being quite athletic behind me, I played state level softball and netball well into my 20's and have always been pretty fit until the last few years. Now I run 8km 5 times a week or so. I think some weight work would really help my body.

My arms are going to be a bit saggy, but my main issue is going to be my belly. I will likely have it done, for comfort purposes, as well as vanity. I have lost several inches through my bust, but it must be mostly back fat, my cup size has yet to change. However I think by that time I will have gone from a DD to a 38 Long.....

I began at 289 pounds with a BMI of 48.09. I am now at 217 and my BMI is 32.04. I did very little exercise, prior to banding, and began doing a steady program 3 months ago. I work out at Curves 3 X a week, and I walk daily. On my days off from Curves, I sometimes work out with videos at home, or look to find something to DO. This time of year, I rake a lot of leaves!!! A group of us who were all banded the same month, do a monthly challenge, and we work to exercise in some way a certain number of times a month, it keeps me motivated.

Kat

I hear you on the bust size Kat! Since I got myself fitted properly I've actually gone UP in cup size to an E, groan. But I've come down from a 22 to a 14 back.