Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twelve Weeks Pregnant, Four Months Post Op

That's correct, Pregnant not even 2 months after surgery. I see some threads but I'd just like an update of anyone that is going through this or went through it already... I was 300 pounds at my highest weight, now down to 240. I'm not even concerned as much about the weight gain as I am for my baby. I know this wasn't planned, but I'm already in love with my little pumpkin. The doctor that I saw at my nuchal screening told me that my weight and the fact that I became pregnant so soon after surgery makes me high risk, emphasizing preeclampsia, gestational diabetes and internal herniation. It's just all so much. I'm 25 and this is my first baby so anyone that can weigh in at all is appreciated. I've had terrible all day sickness and scared about nutrition and everything...

CONGRATS ON THE BABY!!!!! I had this surgery so that I can have a baby! but I am sure the doctors will watch you closely. Follow their orders and take good care of yourself. God be with you and your little angel :wub:

wow! your body will take care of the baby....you better take care of your nutrition! make sure you are getting good Vitamins in and all the Protein for your muscles and the babys. very happy for you, I would be pissed if that happened to me....only cause I am soooo done with having any more kids! I have 3 and the youngest is 9.....I have my tubes tide, so it better not happen...lol

congrats, and like I said, your little bambino will get all the nutrition he or she needs from your body, so just make sure you are feeding your body enough....small meals all day long! good luck!!! and congrats!

Congrats!!!! Its a wonderful thing. Today is actually my 1 year surgiversary and I happen to be 9 months pregnant. Yup, thats right, got pregnant 3 months after surgery, and you know what??? All is well. Baby is growing well, healthy and he'll be here in a couple of weeks. I dropped 80 lbs thus far, went down a couple lbs during the beginning of my pregnancy and have pretty much stayed at that number ever since. You and your little peanut will do well. Make sure to eat well, take your Vitamins, work closely with your doctors, stay hydrated and continue to moderately work out ;) Congrats once again on the beautiful blessing God has given you.

I got pregnant almost 3 months out from surgery. I'm now 4 1/2 months pregnant and almost 7 months post op. My OB has not labeled me high risk. My pregnancy has been completely normal so far except the fact that I'm not gaining any weight (lost 15 lbs so far @ 19 weeks. which I'm not complaining about) I eat small healthy meals frequently. The baby is growing perfectly and I'm not deficient in any Vitamins.

Just follow ur OBs instructions and u should be fine. The fact that you've lost 60 lbs already is nothing but good for you and probably the reason why u were able to conceive so easily. Good luck throughout the rest of ur pregnsncy and congrats

Just reading your post and wonder how old you guys are? I'm 40 and just found out I'm pregnant. I'm six months almost seven months post op and twenty pounds away from my goal weight. I'm scared to death this wasn't planned but now that I'm pregnant I want the baby to be healthy. So have you guys still exercised anything you need to eat more of.

This is so inperational since one of my main reasons of geting the vsg is to get prego thus ive bn trying for 3 yrs but my pcos and co-morbidities have bn realy geting in the way.... But this thread has really elevated my hopes

Congrats everyone i got pregnet the first month after my surgery. I had to do an abortion and than gt pregnet the third month another abortion the doc said i might be at high risk. I feel so bad but is for the better. Now im using birth control. Is not safe to have a baby if u still obvise. Gdluck guys

Just reading your post and wonder how old you guys are? I'm 40 and just found out I'm pregnant. I'm six months almost seven months post op and twenty pounds away from my goal weight. I'm scared to death this wasn't planned but now that I'm pregnant I want the baby to be healthy. So have you guys still exercised anything you need to eat more of.

How are you doing

How are you doing

I am 38 will be sleeved 2/2013 will TTC

In August 6 month after hubby and I had a console out with the OBGYN and they said 6 months was okay because of my age we have to start sooner than later

That's correct' date=' Pregnant not even 2 months after surgery. I see some threads but I'd just like an update of anyone that is going through this or went through it already... I was 300 pounds at my highest weight, now down to 240. I'm not even concerned as much about the weight gain as I am for my baby. I know this wasn't planned, but I'm already in love with my little pumpkin. The doctor that I saw at my nuchal screening told me that my weight and the fact that I became pregnant so soon after surgery makes me high risk, emphasizing preeclampsia, gestational diabetes and internal herniation. It's just all so much. I'm 25 and this is my first baby so anyone that can weigh in at all is appreciated. I've had terrible all day sickness and scared about nutrition and everything...[/quote']

I just found out I'm pregnant...only 7 weeks post op and about 6.5 weeks pregnant. I'm so scared and don't know what to do. I will be making dr appts this week. This isn't my first but is still very scary considering the surgery. Good luck to you!! Congrats and I hope everything goes well for you!!

With all that is going on in the world today. I hug my children a little tighter nBd I think babies are blessings. Congratulations on your pregnancy's. Sometimes surprises are the biggest blessings in life (:

Ok wer any of yall haveing difficulties conceving prior to surgery cuz I realy wana have a bby and I done droped 56lbs since surgery sep 26 n I havnt even gotn a period (im irregular) this is so frustrateing cuz I dnt want to b an old mom n the years r passing fast to fast actualy :(