Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Was Your Final "straw That Broke The Camels Back"

Hi Jackie, from what I understand the bacteria was from my colon. I've been asked to be part of a research group as apparently they have been testing this same bacteria in mice. They take this bacteria from a fat mouse and put it in a skinny mouse and the skinny mouse gets fat. So when I have the op they're going to take a few samples for testing.

I read about that. Amazing... some folks have even gotten fecal transplants from skinny people.

The upshot is, being overweight isn't just a question of willpower, is it?! Makes me feel a whole lot better...

My PCP and I started talking about GSV last January. I put it off because I wanted to try one more diet. I was on Jenny Craig this time last year. After a month my mouth broke out in little acid bumps and it ended up being a response to their food. I realized that I just couldn't fight anymore. The following were all of the additional things that came up after Jenny Craig that finally pushed me into making this decision.

Problems fitting into booths at different restaurants.

Not being able to ride the amusement park rides with my family.

Just BARELY fitting within an airplane seat belt.

Tipping over the fence into the diabetic zone.

Achey feet and knees.

I have 2 more dr appointments to meet me insurance requirement and now I am ready and wish I had made the decision a long time ago. But there is no more looking back for me. Only looking forward. My pre-surgical appointment is also scheduled for the end of January. So anytime after February 11th I can have my surgery. I am ready!

Yes it certainly has put my frustrations to rest. Years of trying to do the right thing for weight loss with no significant results.

Congratulations on your decision Angela Is ready! How exciting for you. I'm booked for 5th Feb, finally light at the end of the tunnel :-)

Thanks @@Torilee! I hope everything works out for yours and look forward to hearing how you are doing.

When I struggled to get my coat on and felt like a stuffed, swollen marshmallow. As well, as not being able to find a comfortable sitting position because of my girth.

When I struggled to get my coat on and felt like a stuffed, swollen marshmallow. As well, as not being able to find a comfortable sitting position because of my girth.

I'm still in Pre-Op. But...

1. I hit the 300 mark

2. My blood pressure went to pre-hypertension.

3. I am now having aches and pains from the excess weight.

Im pre-op (for a long time to come), but the reasons why I finally decided to start the process of getting the surgery are...

I've been up and down and up and down so many times it is hard to count and I'm just exhausted mentally from never getting any true results!

I hit the 300 mark after my second child, I can't bend over and put my shoes on because my stomach is in the way, my feet are constantly swollen and sore, and when I wake up from sleeping it feels like I slept with a ton of bricks on my chest and my back hurts so much I can't move.

It's depressing but I'm just glad I'm making the right decision for me.

I'm pre op for another 10 days.

There are many reasons, but the last straw was a flight to visit my sister. The plane was about 2/3 full when I walked down the isle all the way to the back where my seat was. Every eye looked at me in horror that I'd sit next to them. As I passed one guy I heard him say "whoow, that was close" I'm not even sure he was talking about me, but in my mind I felt so ashamed to sit next to anyone and ruin their flight. When I finally got to my seat I had to sit next to a large framed (not fat) Marine. He was nice but I apologized for the inconvenience. Luckily the flight attendant found me a seat in back, next to the toilets where I had nobody sitting next to me. On the return light I lucked out and sat next to the tiniest woman on the plane. Next year for my visit I hope to be much lighter and feel more at ease.

There are many reasons, but the last straw was a flight to visit my sister. The plane was about 2/3 full when I walked down the isle all the way to the back where my seat was. Every eye looked at me in horror that I'd sit next to them. As I passed one guy I heard him say "whoow, that was close" I'm not even sure he was talking about me, but in my mind I felt so ashamed to sit next to anyone and ruin their flight. When I finally got to my seat I had to sit next to a large framed (not fat) Marine. He was nice but I apologized for the inconvenience. Luckily the flight attendant found me a seat in back, next to the toilets where I had nobody sitting next to me. On the return light I lucked out and sat next to the tiniest woman on the plane. Next year for my visit I hope to be much lighter and feel more at ease.