Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Was Your Final "straw That Broke The Camels Back"

Nice to see Disney has such compassion for people who do not fit their mold of perfection. Not.

Somebody ought to get on their case. If that isn't discrimination, nothing is. Kudos to you for putting up with such insulting treatment with grace and style. You will take those qualities into your next "incarnation" into the world of the sleek and slim. You will be slender AND have compassion and grace. I have learned quite a bit being a fat woman. I will use my experiences in being overweight to be more understanding of others. I will use being fat as a life lesson.

Slightly off topic but I want to be sure people realize that Harry Potter is at Universal NOT Disney. I am at Disney 3-4 times a year partly because it is so "Pooh" friendly. Virtually all attractions can be enjoyed by even the largest people. Cast members have never made me feel odd in the least. The only issue I've ever had is having to step down into a ride like Splash Mountain but that's because of my knees not my weight. You will never have a Harry Potter moment in a Disney park.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming ????

There wasn't really a final straw for me. At 62 I know my window for surgery is closing. DD got banded in August so I began to investigate alternatives with her this summer. Found the sleeve which I didn't know was possible. Met with the surgeon and have been approved by insurance. Now if I can get the sleep study done! ???? My surgeon is requiring it. I did the first one but they want to schedule a second follow up one before she will schedule my surgery. ????

Nice to see Disney has such compassion for people who do not fit their mold of perfection. Not.

Somebody ought to get on their case. If that isn't discrimination, nothing is. Kudos to you for putting up with such insulting treatment with grace and style. You will take those qualities into your next "incarnation" into the world of the sleek and slim. You will be slender AND have compassion and grace. I have learned quite a bit being a fat woman. I will use my experiences in being overweight to be more understanding of others. I will use being fat as a life lesson.

Slightly off topic but I want to be sure people realize that Harry Potter is at Universal NOT Disney. I am at Disney 3-4 times a year partly because it is so "Pooh" friendly. Virtually all attractions can be enjoyed by even the largest people. Cast members have never made me feel odd in the least. The only issue I've ever had is having to step down into a ride like Splash Mountain but that's because of my knees not my weight. You will never have a Harry Potter moment in a Disney park.

There wasn't really a final straw for me. At 62 I know my window for surgery is closing. DD got banded in August so I began to investigate alternatives with her this summer. Found the sleeve which I didn't know was possible. Met with the surgeon and have been approved by insurance. Now if I can get the sleep study done! ???? My surgeon is requiring it. I did the first one but they want to schedule a second follow up one before she will schedule my surgery. ????

I'm so proud of you. I realized my blood pressure was high, cholesterol, and my Rheumatoined Arthritis were getting worse. I just had to do something. I slept a lot, too much. I was always tired. I stopped taking photos. I was ashamed. I was 244 and I could see 300 on the horizon. I got the sleeve 2 months ago on November 8th. I feel great!!!

I have been trying to lose weight for a couple of years now. I graduated from high school in 2010 after enduring years of teasing because of my weight. I never knew what was wrong with me. About a year and a half ago, I found out that my hormones were out of whack, which caused an excessive amount of weight gain over the years. The more I tried to get healthy, the more weight I gained. I finally broke down and made an appointment with a bariatric surgeon after my PCP mentioned WLS to me. It was the best decision I've ever made! The straw that broke the camel's back was my little cousin. She's four years old. One day, she looked at me and said: "cousin, why are you so big?" I was taken aback. I know that she's young and genuinely curious, but her question was shocking nonetheless. I told her that I was big because my body was weird and broken. You know what she said to me? She said: "cousin, you have to fix your body so you won't be so big anymore, okay?" I just looked at her and smiled. Out of the mouths of babes, right? I decided to heed to the advice of a four year old. That little girl is my world and I don't want to let her down by dying an early death because I didn't get my weight under control. It's time for a change. I'm ready for change. I'm looking forward to my journey.

I don't fit on the rides with my daughter at the amusement park so she can't go ride them to either.

I don't fit on the rides with my daughter at the amusement park so she can't go ride them to either.

Flab2Fabuous; So proud of you to find the right path after your hard journey. You r going to look and feel great. I can walk and move easily now. I have so much energy. Bath towels actually go around me now. I was getting to the point that I could barely sit in those plastic lawn chair, much less have them collapse underneath me. There r so many reasons to lose wait. My clothes either fit better or are too huge. No more tightness after squeezing into clothes that I barely fit into. You've made a great decision. Look forward to hearing more of your new weight loss plans. Yay!!!!

First, my brother expressed his concern for my weight and wanting me to be there for his daughter (this was before I had my son) who is now 4 and I am her only auntie.

Second, my son who is now three, needs me. I am his only parent and I would hate to leave him alone over something I could have prevented.

Third, I went on a day trip to Florida (from DC) to get my niece and I had to take 4 different planes. The first and I had no problems with the seatbelt. But the other three I needed extenders and it was extremely embarrassing to have to reach over the people next to me (I always fly the window seat) to ask for it then to get it.

I've been researching WLS for about 7 years and started the process 5 years ago but decided not to go through with it. I didn't know about VSG then. I'm so glad I waited and I can't wait to finally have my surgery!!! ( the fact that I'll probably like shopping for myself again is a HUGE plus too!!)

First, my brother expressed his concern for my weight and wanting me to be there for his daughter (this was before I had my son) who is now 4 and I am her only auntie.

Second, my son who is now three, needs me. I am his only parent and I would hate to leave him alone over something I could have prevented.

Third, I went on a day trip to Florida (from DC) to get my niece and I had to take 4 different planes. The first and I had no problems with the seatbelt. But the other three I needed extenders and it was extremely embarrassing to have to reach over the people next to me (I always fly the window seat) to ask for it then to get it.

I've been researching WLS for about 7 years and started the process 5 years ago but decided not to go through with it. I didn't know about VSG then. I'm so glad I waited and I can't wait to finally have my surgery!!! ( the fact that I'll probably like shopping for myself again is a HUGE plus too!!)