Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Curious? Any One In Cincinnati?

Haha Steph!! I hear that. watching food channels is a no no right now for me.. haha only 6 more days of puree! but who is counting.. :D hehe and I'm glad your hubby is super hubby in taking care of business at home!! that is always a blessing!

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing so well after surgery!!

random question jakat.. Are you married? because I met a guy who was getting sleeved on the 24th of september and his wife got sleeved the same day I did on september 10th.. just wondering if that is you.. if not MY BAD :)

Lynn! did you get your egd yet?? HOpe all is going smoothly in your process!!

Hope to hear from y'all soon!

Rach

Hello everyone hope all is well. I am currently going throught the dieticians once all that is done then they

will submit to insurance to see if I am approved and right now they say that surgery is about a month or more

out so not sure when my surgery will be. I don't want to rush back to work afterwards because I want to make sure

I am physical and emotionally prepared once my surgery is done. HOPE ALL IS WELL TTYL

sprinkles, yes married, no my wife is not sleeved. The Unjury is great. The most important thing if you haven't figured it out yet, when heating the Water and adding Protein don't get it over 130 degrees. It took a few experiments, but 1min and 7 seconds in my microwave and water is at 130. if it's too hot then it clumps up and is nasty. Need, as far as protein like I told sprinkles the unjury cheese sauce or the chocolate is good. Once you are on puree then I have been eating a lot of tuna or chicken salad, pureed meatballs with red sauce, they told me anything i could get into a blender and didn't have clumps or chunks. Skyline chili is good to go as is, with no Beans or Pasta though.

Good Luck

Hey everyone.. Hope everyone is doing well.. Lynn.. Glad you are on your way to approval... So excited for you.. Rachel and Jakat.. Sounds like you are doing well.. How much longer till soft foods Rachel?? Getting close now.. I can't wait for that phase.. I am having a hard time getting all of my Water and Protein in.. Looking forward to soft foods.. I do enjoy fish, so looking forward to eating my protein instead of drinking it.. I don't know about you guys, but I was kinda hoping they would of given me a list of foods and suggestions during my one week post-op appt.. I went in KY, nut, was very vague, and basically said if you can blend it, you can eat it.. I don't know, I guess I was just expecting more direction, instead of trying to use the appt to try to think of any questions to ask.. Hopefully it will be more through for the next part.. How is everyone's weight loss?? I think I'm having a stall, actually gained 1.5 but down 27 so far.. I did put my work uniform on yesterday(dress) and the skirt was way below my knees, the short sleeves were down to my forearms and I had a ton of room in my bust and back area!!! Let me say, last time I wore that to work... It was sooooo tight!!!!!!! Keep in touch everyone!! Can't wait to follow your weight loss journeys!!!!!

OMG tomorrow is soft food Steph!! I'm sooo excited lol! I called Erin and she said around week 3/4 that is a normal stall time and I'm stalled right now. I'm around 242 now depending on the day! and I hear you My clothes are fitting so nicely now! My friend who her and I are around the same size except she's six foot and i'm almost 5'9 and she saw me after a month and was like where are you going? where's your Pooch ( it's what we call our guts lol) and she was like I don't approve hahaha and I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow to get all the healthy food becasue I was really unhealthy during the pureed stage and now I get meat fish and veggies and I ordered and elliptical that should be coming around early next week (hopefully sooner) so I'm ready to do this now! the first month is so hard! like whoa! hahaha God.. I'm so excited for tomorrow..

Jakat!

Okay just was wondering if you were the guy I met. Sorry if I got too personal! but now I gotta get that Unjury cheese sauce.. mmm haha and yes I had the problem where I got something hotter than 130 degrees and omg it was HORRID I made my boyfriend eat it.. He's my garbage disposal lol He's not a picky eater so he'll eat anything haha and yes Skyline chili has been my staple because I'm such a picky eater so I was eating like crap during this phase. but tomorrow chicken and steamed veggies for me! mmm ( sorry not trying to rub it in promise!!) But I have noticed I like a little more than half a cup of food. I hope i'm not stretching out my sleeve eek!

I'm glad I don't live in Cincy. My grandmother is in west Chester. I wouldn't be able to give up Skyline Chilli or LaRosa's pizza. Mmmmmm.

sprinkles, no problem not to personal. I no what you mean about not eating well on puree. I constantly have to remind myself Protein protein protein and not to eat ot fast. Need, sounds like you are doing great. I ask the question about what to eat on puree and asked if I wanted a Whopper and blended it. Erin said that's fine, but it kinda takes the fun out of it when you pour it out of the blender. Can't wait for soft foods and at least have something to chew

Hello guys sounds like you guys are doing well. STeph you may want to look on here for food ideas on what to eat I think

sometimes the staff gets really busy and forget stuff. I went in about 2 weeks ago and they said they are getting slammed with some many people about to finish and going for approval. I think alot of people are trying to finish before insurance starts. NOW if this is a personal question NO ONE has to answer this but I forgot to ask Amy who do you get to get your approval for FMLA is it Curry or your Primary doctor do anyone of you..you can PM if you like thanks

I'm late but also in Cincinnati!!! Whoop whoop! I go to dr. Northup in mercy fairfield!!

Well hello Michelle!

Hey Lynn.. Talk to Alli, she is the one that takes care of FMLA.. I talked to Dr. Curry very early on .. I have lifting, pushing and pulling requirements at work.. They put me out for 4 weeks.. I am at 4 weeks now, and I still feel the need to "baby" my abdominal area.. Kinda nervous about getting back into the work routine..

Welcome Michelle..

I love near Cincinnati in Morrow. Surgery is scheduled for Nov 6th. Pre op is tomorrow at Miami valley hospital. I am with dr teel put of Dayton. Good luck to everyone!

On soft foods at last. Wow after a week of liquid then 3 weeks of puree, it's like heaven

I'm north of Dayton but I have my consult with Curry on the 7th! I already know I will have to lose weight before surgery because of my BMI which sucks (I really really hate this rule but I also understand..it just sucks to be told you have to lose weight to have weight loss surgery). So I know my process won't be as fast as the rest of yours, which is fine.. I'm shooting for the new year anyway!! I am starting to lose some weight before hand in hopes that the more I do now, the less I'll have to do with them for money reasons! I have been wanting to get WLS since the start of the year and was told to start to prepare before hand and try to drop all the bad habits before surgery (pop, sugar foods, sweets etc.) I've done all but bread! I haven't given up bread yet.. I haven't had Pasta, or pancakes in months..lol. And I've started Protein Shakes already hoping to get kind of use to those.