Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's not like I won't tell someone if they asked me. I have and I am fine with that if 2 of my coworkers are gettin it also because of me I just don't like the fact of people putting my stuff out there for all to see it should be MY choice of who I want to tell

You do know that you can delete a message on your FB page. I would have done that ASAP!

I just deativated my FB account for several reasons, but one was to have some privacy during "my" time. I have been known to delete people at the drop of dime that don't me anything to me and the only reason we are connected is because of the internet. People use FB as a forum for things I do not think it was meant to be. I really don't need someone from high school up in my business that I haven't seen since 1993.....

Any who, enough about my FB rant, but I would DELETE her azz......

I just deativated my FB account for several reasons' date=' but one was to have some privacy during "my" time. ......[/quote']

Why don't you just not log in? What's the difference?

My FB never has pictures of me nowadays, so nothing lost on that end. I AM looking foward to a picture of me with my little kids where I don't look like Shrek next to them!!

Why don't you just not log in? What's the difference?

My FB never has pictures of me nowadays' date=' so nothing lost on that end. I AM looking foward to a picture of me with my little kids where I don't look like Shrek next to them!!

[/quote']

That is exactly why I canceled my FB. I don't want them storing my personal info, I don't want them selling my statistics & my pics to anybody. Read their terms of service, anything you put on FB becomes their property to do with as they please. If they choose to make all your private info public, they can and you have no recourse.

As I stated early it is not the only reason I deactivated. OTR Sleever makes very good points. Honestly I am just sick of Facebook, it takes the personal feeling from relationships. And then like OP's issue every now and then u have someone post or say something that is not appropriate. I don't believe facebook is a great forum to debate political and religious views. I have seen enough posts in the past month about Chick-fil-a and Gaby Douglas. So yes, I deactivated then no one can even see my page.

You know, I have a different take on this. Yes you should be upset with your friend if you specifically told her not to tell anyone else, but I wonder what kind of friend you andnshenare when you discuss her as jealous. I can't say that anyone in my circle of close friends feels jealousy for me, nor me them and I never have. So perhaps you told someone you don't like much and then expected them to keep a secret? You will also tell office staff...anyone you tell will mention it likely. So what? Own your choice and when you see a genuine compliment as you did, say thank you and move on. I think the focus to be concerned about is your reaction at this point so that this does not repeat itself over and over in your mind.

What you did isn't easy, understand that and that people who haven't gone through your experience are not going to understand that. If I had a dime for every time someone thinks my life is easy because I live in a big house or whatever....well I could have paid for two sleeves :P. big house, small house, big stomach, small stomach, we all have our challenges in life. But rarely does anyone who isn't living them understand. That's human nature, not bitterness or jealousy. Take that word out of your vocabulary and close your fb account. Your life will be the better for it! And congrats on your healthy recovery....and weight loss!

I have heard this before, but without exception all that I've shared this process with have been supportive. Just my two cents here but anyone who isn't supportive, may not be a very good friend for you during this change. When/If I find someone with that attitude, I'll note their attitude and move on (to better friends).

Ah yes--Facebook. I had a personal account that i was using but didn't like bitchy old high school friends looking me up and making judgements on my life lol. I just got sick and tired of it and really didn't see much benefit in it. If I want to talk to a friend, I'll text them or call them or email them. Facebook is way too involved for my liking. I do have an incognito FB account that I log into where I only add friends who play Cafe World with me lol. No personal involvement and I like it like that. It's just not my cup of tea. I am a private person so I just really felt like it wasn't "for me" in that way for friends and family. I am just that way

I'm only telling a couple of ppl before I have the surgery. But I know ppl will notice my weight loss & I've decided I will tell ppl the truth if they ask, and if they judge me that's their problem, not mine.

I do think that the more that ppl choose to not tell - the more we stigmatize WLS and perpetuate the perception that WLS is bad and something to be ashamed of though.

You are right though - it was definitely your decision to make whether you put it out there or not - I certainly don't plan on announcing it on FB (at least not until I get to goal, if then).

That woman definitley is jealous. It would have been great though if you'd responded in kind - like yeah my surgery went really well and as you can see I'm already down 43 pounds. How's your diet going?

:o:D