Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Buffalo, Ny Out There?

found people from buffalo, yay!!!

Im about 2 years out, Iam having trouble loosing this last 8-9 lbs, it seems like the more i eat healthy i gain weight, My diet is alot of grains, Beans, veggies, I also dont eat meat so i have to get my Protein from that stuff and also shakes, I just cant believe i cant get rid of these last 8 pounds! HELP:]

I'm almost 3 years out and I'm 10lbs from my goal. At first, I was a little discouraged, but, I've lost 176lbs from SW!!!! I'm not worrying about those last ten pounds. I feel great, I've got my life back, and i look pretty darn good, lol!!!! I've got so many NSV's, they're too numerous to count!!! I'm concentrating on maintenance. You Celebrate what you've achieved! I say, you've done an awesome job and you are AWESOME!!!! Celebrate :)

Congratulations! :) it's so hard to get rid of these last pounds!

Congratulations! :) it's so hard to get rid of these last pounds![/quot

Thanks! Listen, continue living this new healthy lifestyle! Your body may be done and then again you might have to push yourself harder. But, at 2yr and on we are about done. Don't beat yourself up over a few pounds!!! You've done great! The question is how do you feel about all the benefits that have come with the weight you've loss up to now!!!! Can you please SMILE!!! Hell, I look like a Shar-pei under all the glitz and glam, but I'm happy as can be!!! Thank God for Spanx and anything else that can compress, lift, camouflage, lol!!!!!

Lmao! Thank you:)

Agree! Thank for spanks! I love all the weight I lost but my stomach is ewww haha

@ dannybabe24

I know I am only 2 weeks out and don't know many of the ups and downs of a major weight loss....can't wait to find them all out...lol. Who set your goal? Maybe your body has it's own goal and you have reached it. Do you feel good? Are you healthy? Maybe that is all that is important and you need to just go on and enjoy life and not let 10 pounds ruin all you have done. I may have to reread this when I get there....lol.

So happy for all you have done.

Yeah:) i have my wedding coming up in October so I just want to look great:) but yes I feel so much better then I did before hand

@ dannybabe24

You are going to look great and because you only get married once just enjoy all of this and if the weight is meant to come off it will. Don't let that spoil this magical year.

Thank you :)

I have been reading the boards for a few weeks but figured it was time to chime in! I am in Cheektowaga and I am planning on going with Dr. Pham. I would love to hear from those who also went to him. I heard he has a great personality and is very compassionate. How long was your process with him from your first consult until surgery? I am hoping for surgery sometime in June so the weather is nice for lots of walking. What was the consult appt with him like? I have my appt next week with him. What are the steps after that? On my checklist on his patient portal it says 2 month weight management program....what does that entail? How was St Joes for the surgery? Sorry for all the questions, I am both excited and nervous.

I have a friend who went through Synergy and at first that was going to be the route I was going to go. I took their online seminar. I sent in my paperwork and then called them to schedule an appointment. I don't like that you can't call and talk to somebody but you have to leave a message. After some more research I decided against them. I am sure they are great but I read that Dr Carvetta is very serious with not a great bedside manner and I heard it is hard to get in with Dr Cauruna.

I could not be happier since switching to Dr Pham so far. I have not met him yet but I posted on the groups Facebook for feedback and Vu from his office contacted me right away and answered all my questions. I went to the seminar and was so impressed with everyone there. There was a new surgeon working with him that was at the seminar, he was also very nice and knowledgeable. I am going to a support group this Saturday and then my appt with Dr Pham next Friday.

How often are the post op appointments with Dr Pham? Does he do them or is a nurse?

@@cheektowagasleever

Good luck, this is where you want to ask all those questions. Wish I could help you but I go to Synergy. Hopefully someone can answer your questions. Again....Good luck. Have you got an appointment yet?

Yes I have an appointment next Friday for a consult. I was invited to a support group Saturday so am going to go to that as well.

My surgery is March 17th looking for someone who has done this and advice - Amherst NY here. :-)

Hello! i am from Cheektowaga. Due to lung issues I had my sleeve done at Cleveland Clinic. I am 5 weeks post. It so got easier after Stage 2 diet.