Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Buffalo, Ny Out There?

One month post op and it's lent and in buffalo that means a Friday fish fry tradition. I didn't want my limitations with diet to take this away from something my hubby and I enjoyed so we went!

Opted for week one for a polish restaurant where I knew they would have my husbands standard fish fry but other choices for me. I ended up with scallops and sweet/sour cabbage and chowder. Yummy. Passed on the bread and gave my husband the potato pancake and brought home a good sized doggy bag! Hoping for the same success next Friday!

Been home a few hours now, can keep fluids down but not doing so hot with the Protein shakes, had to call dr to see of throwing them up was normal and what to do! So now just waiting a bit to try them again!! But overall doing okay!

Try Protein powder w Water? 4oz? I had to. I couldn't stomach the prepared ones or milk after surgery.

Hoping you feeling good. :-)

@@shellyd88

I know exactly what you are saying. There is that first time fear of everything, I don’t know why I thought it would hurt to swallow. Then of course the nausea but I took it slow and followed Dr.’s orders and at my follow up appointment yesterday he said I was ready for soft food…bring on another fear….lol. It’s going to be a long trip but we will all do fine.

@@butterfly125 hello I know it just nerves talking I've waited so long for this and now I'm a little scared kinda crazy huh Thank you for the support its nice not to feel alone in this

@@shellyd88

It is so understandable that you are feeling the way you are. I know because two weeks
ago I was feeling the same way. Afterwards I knew it was fear of the unknown. Just do what
they tell you and let them know how you are doing. If you are in pain tell them. I can't tell
you enough to walk and sip your Water. Get in as much Protein as you can, I think that is why
I am healing so well.

I will be thinking of you Tuesday morning. Can't wait to hear how you are doing. :rolleyes:

@@butterfly125 that's so great to know u have two weeks behind u and your doing well oh I will do what they tell me I don't want any problems that I can prevent I'm most anxious about just being in the hospital can't say I'm looking forward to that lol I'm distracting myself by cleaning like crazy I've cooked my husband enough dinners for two months Got the suitcase out tomm I'll pack Ppl think I'm nuts for doing this I've just ignored the negative comments tho just moving forward its all I can do

@@shellyd88

What Hospital are you going to be in? I have heard good things about Buff General, I was in ECMC, so I can tell you about my stay there. It won't be two weeks for me until Thursday. Still can't believe I had surgery 10 days ago.....is my doctor great or what....lol. I am sure Our doctors are the best.

@@butterfly125 hello I'm going to buffalo general with dr posner I signed up for the seminar in August in december I was given a surgery date of feb 24 so it's been a long time getting here seemed like an eternity lol did u have to wait a long time to get surgery?

@@shellyd88

I started asking about bariatric surgery about 20 years ago and was told to wait jury was

still out. So when in Sept my doctor started talking about me taking insulin I asked again and

my doctor said jury is in and you will do well to have it. So either I have been waiting for

20+ years or 6 months...lol. Everyone else in my group is having surgery in March or May,

I slipped in earlier because someone had to cancel because I got my date 3 weeks before my

surgery. You are going to do great.

I'm envious of all of you that have had surgery or are scheduled for it. I've at least got the ball rolling, but I don't want to have the surgery until November so I'm hoping I'll be right on schedule

@It'sMeAnonyMouse

So you called? That is the beginning and you have 7 months to get all the prep work done.
I think you will be right where you wanted to be in Nov. It may take the 7 months to get
everything done. Good for you.

@@butterfly125 hey everybody I'm posting an update I got my sleeve on tues was released yesterday just didn't feel so hot it's great to be home tho trying to get my fluids in isn't easy feel like I've been beaten around the abdomen and back but not as bad as I thought it would be this gas from the procedure is hard to get rid of tho but getting better every day good luck to anyone who went this week or is going and thanks for the support

@

So glad you are home and all is well. Just keep walking and the gas will be gone in no time. Take it easy and sip sip sip.

found people from buffalo, yay!!!

Im about 2 years out, Iam having trouble loosing this last 8-9 lbs, it seems like the more i eat healthy i gain weight, My diet is alot of grains, Beans, veggies, I also dont eat meat so i have to get my Protein from that stuff and also shakes, I just cant believe i cant get rid of these last 8 pounds! HELP:]