Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Medicaid Share Of Cost In Florida



Recommended Posts

Does anyone knows if Medicaid share of cost is accepted for gastric sleeve?? If so, where?? Which are the req??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you should try the number on the back of your Medicaid card. Often plans after different state to state, and it's best to get the answer directly from the plan representative to be certain that you understand the requirements accurately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone knows if Medicaid share of cost is accepted for gastric sleeve?? If so, where?? Which are the req??

Did you ever get your answer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What office did you go to??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there. I wanted to let you know I am getting my surgery and I have Florida Medicaid Share of Cost. There wasn't much info when I first started out and wanted to provide some info. First of all it was very hard to find any office who participates with this insurance. But I prevailed and found one not too far from me. The thing is that you have to meet your share of cost in the very beginning of the month and get the bill over to Medicaid as fast as you can. Typically they have 10 days to activate your Medicaid. You may have to pay for more appointments out of pocket until they open it. I did all my preop appointments in the month of July. Starting with my Endoscopy on July 2. After the tenth day after you submit the bill to them if your Medicaid is not activated, call, call,call Customer Service at DCF and request a supervisor and tell them you need surgery and they need to open your case. If it takes you all day to get through to someone who will help you, do it. I did and my case was opened the next day. Once it is opened the surgeons office can do the pre authorization. Mine came back approved in one day. That was last week and my surgery is tomorrow!

Message me with any questions. It was very hard to get everything done, but if you want it badly enough, You can do it too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2013 at 11:02 AM, MandaPanda said:

Hi there. I wanted to let you know I am getting my surgery and I have Florida Medicaid Share of Cost. There wasn't much info when I first started out and wanted to provide some info. First of all it was very hard to find any office who participates with this insurance. But I prevailed and found one not too far from me. The thing is that you have to meet your share of cost in the very beginning of the month and get the bill over to Medicaid as fast as you can. Typically they have 10 days to activate your Medicaid. You may have to pay for more appointments out of pocket until they open it. I did all my preop appointments in the month of July. Starting with my Endoscopy on July 2. After the tenth day after you submit the bill to them if your Medicaid is not activated, call, call,call Customer Service at DCF and request a supervisor and tell them you need surgery and they need to open your case. If it takes you all day to get through to someone who will help you, do it. I did and my case was opened the next day. Once it is opened the surgeons office can do the pre authorization. Mine came back approved in one day. That was last week and my surgery is tomorrow!

Message me with any questions. It was very hard to get everything done, but if you want it badly enough, You can do it too!

Hi, Amanda

I have Florida Medicaid Share of Cost.

I wanted know which Doctor did you go to. I dont understand with open case term and how it works? Can you please help me. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2018 at 6:14 AM, BCG01 said:

Hi, Amanda

I have Florida Medicaid Share of Cost.

I wanted know which Doctor did you go to. I dont understand with open case term and how it works? Can you please help me. Thank you

Hello maybe I can help you I myself have Medicaid share of cost and I found two places that take it . Look up gastric sleeve center in Miami. Their website says they take cost of share Medicaid. Also I follow a woman on YouTube and she also had cost of share and she was able to have surgery at memorial hospital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question. I have the share of cost and always meet it at the first of the month with my prescriptions. Is it required to do a six month supervised diet? Any info on the process would be great. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 4:54 PM, RocketsMom said:

I have a question. I have the share of cost and always meet it at the first of the month with my prescriptions. Is it required to do a six month supervised diet? Any info on the process would be great. Thanks.

I'm in the beginning stages myself😊 But I was told by one of the doctors offices, that medicaid requires 6 months of a supervised diet. If you have had a medically supervised diet within the last year I think it may be different.

HTH💓

Edited by Fatsuitbegone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×