Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need advice. I think I'm losing my mind! I've been stuck for going on 5 weeks now. I've checked the other stall threads & tried everything that I've seen.

Sleeve date: 5-18-12

I lost 20 pounds in the first two weeks.

Plateaued for 2 weeks.

scales has been up & down a pound or two at a time. Finally managed to move 15 more pounds.

Plateaued again at 6 weeks out.

Now 5 weeks on another plateau.

So, to recap, I'm now 10 weeks out at 35 pounds lost. I keep trying to convince myself that more is going to come off but I'm terrified that I will be stuck at 249 (251) forever. Nothing I do seems to help. More calories, less calories, more Protein, less protein, more exercise or less. I've also tried more & less carbs, and increasing Water.

I tried the 5 day pouch test & Little Miss Diva's boot camp. Still nothing. Just the same up & down.

PS: I lost 50 pounds Pre-op. So total, I'm down 85 pounds.

My thyroid has been checked & it's normal. I'm eating 600-800 calories (increased to 1200 once at doctors suggestion), carbs 15-40, low fat, 70-100 protein & 8-10 glasses of water.

Someone please help me, I'm getting desperate. :-(

What type of exercise are you doing? and have you checked and applied a target Heart Rate during? Believe it or not your body will adjust to daily activities and become very efficient. Another school of thought is what is your hydration level?

I am pre-op so I can only imagine your struggle! Keep moving forward and I look forwards to hearing what sleeve vets have for you in advice!....with that said 85 pounds is a lot of weight! Congrats and focus on that, I am sure if you just keep doing what you are doing the rest WILL come off too!

I started at 310, SW on 5/25 285 and I weigh 249.4 now. I have stalled four times since surgery, down 35.6 lbs, so our post-op numbers are pretty close. I lose the most around my TOM. I stalled for 7 days then this weekend lost like 3 lbs. I get witchy and mad about it some days, but then I realize I have no loose skin and 3 1/2 lbs a week is decent. 85 lbs is awesome!

I do elliptical for 35 minutes a day & alternate weights & swimming laps every other day. I keep my heart rate up in the fat burn reading on the machine.

I'm getting 64 oz or more every day.

I know I should be pleased with 85 pounds but being stuck for a month after surgery is making me crazy. I'm afraid I'm missing something.

Ok. So I am guessing you are hitting between 145-155 Hr and that's good. I would say after losing 85 pounds (which is awesome) that you need to try a few things on the more aggressive side. 1. Get routine blood work and add these: ketones,dhea,B12 and cortisol. By doing this you can see if you are lacking anything major and possibly see if your adrenals are being overworked. 2. If the blood work comes back ok. Bring that cardio up to and over an hour at least 2 days per week. 3. Cross train on cardio but with something that keeps the HR up. Start walk/running or do a different cardiovascular exercise every other day. 4. You could bring the carbs up slightly in the 50-60 range.

I hope this helps and way to go on the 85 pounds!

Hope this helps.

Everybody is different, so no idea if this will help. Every time my weight loss slows, the problem always seems to be I have slacked off on Protein, Water or activity. I actually can't understand it, it always seems to me I am overeating when I refocus on protein, but it seems to trigger a weight loss.

I guess my advice would be to "shake it up" - change something in one of the key areas and see if it helps. If all you do is elliptical, do something else. Eat a little more, or a little less - get that protein in, get that water in - but do something just a little different and see if it doesn't help.

Since you lost so much pre-op (good for you! it helps!) maybe you have hit the slow and steady phase a little sooner then others, but in the end, seems like losing 85# is amazing and awesome!!!! Congratulations on your success so far!

Thanks guys, I'm gonna shake up my work out routine & hit the gym harder. Refocus on Protein & see what happens.

I'll keep you posted on what happens. Any additional advice is always welcomed!! :-)

Just wanted to update ya'll. I took the suggestions & incorporated them. In the last 6 days I've lost 11.5 more pounds. I can't thank you all enough for the advice & support. :-)

PS: I could use more friends on My Fitness Pal, my MFP name is (shocker) KristieAtkinson.

Congrats Kristie!!

First, congratulations on the 85lbs! That's awesome! Second, I was told my thyroid was "normal" for ten years before I hit on a dr who would do all three tests. Tsh is only a baseline. I would make sure they do a T3 and T4 test too. I'm thankful I finally managed to get that taken care before surgery. It has helped on soo many things. Good luck to you!

Congrats Kristie!!

Thanks!! I'm much less discouraged. :-)

First' date=' congratulations on the 85lbs! That's awesome! Second, I was told my thyroid was "normal" for ten years before I hit on a dr who would do all three tests. Tsh is only a baseline. I would make sure they do a T3 and T4 test too. I'm thankful I finally managed to get that taken care before surgery. It has helped on soo many things. Good luck to you![/quote']

I've had a bad thyroid for years now but they tested 2 months ago & it was "within normal limits". But I'll make sure they check your other suggestions when I go in on Tuesday.

Congrats on the loss so far and breaking your stall! Another thing to keep in mind: have you kept track of any kind of measurements? I'll see a lot of people on hear saying their weight isn't dropping, but their inches are. Just a thought :)

Congrats on the loss so far and breaking your stall! Another thing to keep in mind: have you kept track of any kind of measurements? I'll see a lot of people on hear saying their weight isn't dropping' date=' but their inches are. Just a thought :)[/quote']

Actually I didn't. I should have. Even tho the scale didn't move, I went down a size in clothes. I think I need to take measurements now. :-)