Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hahaha thats awesome! I cant imagine sleeping around someone, and nobody complaining about my snoring. I hear that i snore like a beast so that will be a new experience -- no complaints about my noise!! lol i cant wait, even if it means i have to have a machine on my face for a while (hopefully the apnea will go away after i lose this weight!!)

I know it doesn't sound to sexy to wear that mask but hey as long as everyone around me gets there sleep without my snoring. Have you gotten tested for sleep apnea?

Okay after 3 days of using the CPAP machine I can officially tell you I HATE, I DETEST using it. I wake up feeling so tired and irritable with a headache. Where as before using this darn thing I wasn't feeling any of this. I don't know what to do honestly. If I don't use it I will not be able to have the surgery but I hate feeling this way..what to do, what to do?

I have had apnea since I broke my nose and suffered a deviated septum when I was seven. I did not get a cpap until I was 32. It took me ages, months and months, to get used to the cpap but 10 years on I love it. Can't sleep with out it. Best of all, when I put it on, I fall asleep. No issues getting to sleep at all! It is worth persevering with.

Sent from my iPad using VST

You will feel crappy for a few days maybe even a week or so but one day you will wake up and know you just slept so well you will love it.

As I said before you do have to have the right mask that works best for you, like if you are a mouth breather you need a full face because if you have just a nasal mask and open your mouth the air is coming out of your mouth and you will still have interrupted sleep.< /p>

Once I got the gel mask I videoed myself sleeping for 3 nights to make sure I wasn’t opening my mouth, I have also been a nose breather but one of the things you notice with apnoea is you wake up dry mouthed from gasping for air so I wanted to make sure I had the right thing.

There are things that can bug you for me it was the straps I had 2 different ones learnt how to wear my hair because one dug into the back of my neck and i wrapped the neck part in cottonwool.

I also had the problem of having a tiny nose my mask was actually a kids mask lol

first one was a adult xsmall and it dug me in my eyes leaked etc

it takes time hun but you will get used to it then for the time you use it you will really like that restful sleep!

I have my surgery in 6 days. I have been using a CPAP machine for about 10 months and love it...I sleep better with it, I don't wake up with headaches now and not as tired during the day

I weighed 293 when I got diagnosed with OSA, bought a machine, and was fittef with three different full-face masks. I could never get the leaks to completely go away around the eyes, so I eventually gave up. I noticed about a month before surgery, after I had lost 30 pounds, that I was suddenly sleeping through the night, and my wife hasn't noticed me snoring. One of the goals of weight loss surgery IS to cure sleep apnea, or they wouldn't consider it as a comorbidity.

I know it doesn't sound to sexy to wear that mask but hey as long as everyone around me gets there sleep without my snoring. Have you gotten tested for sleep apnea?

Ive not yet been tested, but I am pretty sure i have atleast mild sleep apnea. I have most of the symptoms and the extreme complaints I get about snoring just kind of confirm everything in my head. My sleep study is next week. Id love to NOT have sleep apnea, however, id love to have a solution to the "being tired all day from the moment i wake up to the moment I go back to bed" issue. *sigh*

Thank you all so much for your support. It really gives me hope. The thing that makes me want to give up it that since I've been using the machine I feel worse than ever. I never woke up tired or felt sleepy during the day. Today was horrible I was in a b*tchy mood, snapping at everyone and felt so tired, bags under my eyes. It's really all the symptoms that I was suppose to have prior to using the machine.

<<<Sigh>>> ... should I tough it until Thursday when I go order my machine, or just stop using it, or email my dr. on Monday???

Has anyone heard if the surgery helps with hypoxia...I do stop breathing but many biggest problem is my oxygen drops dangerously low and it's not from I stop breathing...I'm very curious

Thank you all so much for your support. It really gives me hope. The thing that makes me want to give up it that since I've been using the machine I feel worse than ever. I never woke up tired or felt sleepy during the day. Today was horrible I was in a b*tchy mood, snapping at everyone and felt so tired, bags under my eyes. It's really all the symptoms that I was suppose to have prior to using the machine.

<<<Sigh>>> ... should I tough it until Thursday when I go order my machine, or just stop using it, or email my dr. on Monday???

don't stop do what i did video yourself sleeping then you can see if your tossing and turning or gasping for air or mouth falling open.

i am in the uk so everything was free to me, so i don;t know how easy it is for you to get different masks but i would assume you get to test them before you settle and buy one/insurance buys one.

ramp up for the longest time even used to my mask i would put it on ramp up for 10-15mins so i could settlebefore it was on full and mostly i would be fast asleep before it was on full strength.

I do have to say that I did not use the CPAP machine last night since I have a long and busy day ahead of me I did not feel like being tired and moody. I woke up feeling great no headache not tired. I didn't even wake up once.

But I will use it again tonight.

Has anyone heard if the surgery helps with hypoxia...I do stop breathing but many biggest problem is my oxygen drops dangerously low and it's not from I stop breathing...I'm very curious

I haven't heard if it does indeed help. Maybe start a new thread with that question so more people could read and hopefully answer your question.

I just got home from my second sleep study- had to be fitted with the cpap machine.They say I have sleep apneas and hypersomnia to the point where I can almost qualify for disabilty.

I was not too impressed at first with the machine. The tech tried on a full face mask, a nasal mask that looked like a pig snout and 2 nasal pillows. I did not like the full face one, or the nasal pillows. I tried to sleep with the nasal pillow becasue it seemed like the most comfortable looking one. I woke up in the middle of the night because of leaks and pressure points. I switched to the piggy snout and slept like a baby. I cannot remember the last time I woke up feeling so refreshed.

It may not be pretty, but if it makes me feel better I am all for it at this point.

I just got home from my second sleep study- had to be fitted with the cpap machine.They say I have sleep apneas and hypersomnia to the point where I can almost qualify for disabilty. I was not too impressed at first with the machine. The tech tried on a full face mask, a nasal mask that looked like a pig snout and 2 nasal pillows. I did not like the full face one, or the nasal pillows. I tried to sleep with the nasal pillow becasue it seemed like the most comfortable looking one. I woke up in the middle of the night because of leaks and pressure points. I switched to the piggy snout and slept like a baby. I cannot remember the last time I woke up feeling so refreshed. It may not be pretty, but if it makes me feel better I am all for it at this point.

I am thinking of asking for the nose one with the nasal pillows. I just can't get over how bad I have been feeling since using the machine. Don't get me wrong, I've been able to sleep with it all night it's just that something is making me feel really tired. ( I wasn't feeling this way before the CPAP) Gotta figure out what it is.

I had such a horrible night's sleep last night compared to the night with the CPAP. I am tired, groggy and achy. Maybe this is a good thing come of all this testing for the sleeve. I am looking forward to be well rested.

I did manage a few successful nights with CPAP, so I know it CAN work. Most of my nights would start out OK and then I would get leaks at the eyeballs that just would not quit, so I'd give up. Fortunately I've lost enough weight that I sleep through the night now anyway, so I know that losing weight works as well!