Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Advice To All Newly Post-Op Sleevers...

I'm a pic ho these days, Jimmy! :) Be glad you're not on my FB feed! LOL I post pics just because I can! :) I'm not there, but I WILL get to goal. I'm not all that worried about the scale because I made my first major goal yesterday...I'm the same size as my "skinny" aunt...who isn't all that skinny, but she's the smallest of the girls in my family. But, not for long! :)

Thanks again for all your advice... and I'm sure I'll be back. :)

I'm a pic ho these days, Jimmy! :) Be glad you're not on my FB feed! LOL I post pics just because I can! :) I'm not there, but I WILL get to goal. I'm not all that worried about the scale because I made my first major goal yesterday...I'm the same size as my "skinny" aunt...who isn't all that skinny, but she's the smallest of the girls in my family. But, not for long! :)

Thanks again for all your advice... and I'm sure I'll be back. :)

LOL well pics are the most helpful and meaningful tool to assist in the weight loss success process, so snap away. Dont worry in a few more month they will all be envious of your success and follow suit. ;0)

my advice to you is to keep on keeping on!

if there is anyone that needs advice and i have not assisted them as of yet please feel free to repost ya question! I'm here to help never judge!

Just because I can. Here are two pictures, taken less than a month apart. I'm seeing more definition in my stomach/waist and here's the visual:

post-12374-13813660091696_thumb.jpg

post-12374-13813660091927_thumb.jpg

It's a struggle with the weight however~ I'm very active with Kickboxing and Roller Skating it just doesn't show with my roundness~ I am 5'3 250ish. :ph34r: ......I am looking forward to my body being a reflection of my active lifestyle~

T~ :wub:

i also am 5' 3 " and 245 i work out 3 to 5 times a week and have for over a year and a half and i went from 230 to 245 what a complete downer but hopefuly with this surgery i will actually see the results i have been so desperately looking for

Jimmy, like a lot of folks, I'm all thumbs when it comes to weight lifting and working out in general. What do you think of those Curves-type workouts that combine cardio and weight training in a timed circuit? I find it is idiot-proof enough that I can do it. My question is, is it effective?

Jimmy' date=' like a lot of folks, I'm all thumbs when it comes to weight lifting and working out in general. What do you think of those Curves-type workouts that combine cardio and weight training in a timed circuit? I find it is idiot-proof enough that I can do it. My question is, is it effective?[/quote']

It is EXTREMELY effective... Cardio-based and strength training combined workouts are great but intense... Start slow then gradually build ya way up and you will see your figure sculpt itself into the masterpiece you've been dreaming of!

Thanks for your perspective. I read about marathons and all kinds of amazing workouts folks on here are doing, so I wasn't sure if it was enough.

It is EXTREMELY effective... Cardio-based and strength training combined workouts are great but intense... Start slow then gradually build ya way up and you will see your figure sculpt itself into the masterpiece you've been dreaming of!

Hey Jimmy, I've got a question. I've been doing some circuit type training lately and loving it. I made a post about my routine the other day. Basically some lifting and short runs between sets.

Now I've changed my routine quite a bit. This week I've been doing the following....

Barbell clean and press - sets of 21/15/11/7/4 with 3 minutes on the elliptical between sets. No rest and each circuit on the elliptical at a higher level of difficulty than the last. Afterward I did 3 circuits of 10 push ups, 10 modified pull ups, 10 crunches and a 200 yard run. Again with no rest till the end.

My question is, on the elliptical and the runs, should I be going all out or at the pace I would use if I was going to be on there for 45 minutes.....or in between?

To every one else, circuit training or crossfit is a great workout. It doesn't take long and the time flies by. You will not get bored and because you are changing up the workout so frequently, your body will not adapt...making stalls less likely.

Great post. Thanks!!!

Thank you....very informative thread....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VST

Do you get better results using the free weights or using the weight machines and for how long at each session?

Would kettlebells be as effective as the other weights? I like the idea of a handle on my big heavy things.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge about strength training! I am passionate about it, but alot of my info is really outdated as I learned it all way back in the stone age (1980s actually). I keep thinking I need to get updated education since I don't really know what the current thinking is.

I do the old 3 sets. First set is enough weight to do 12 or more reps without dying. Second set, I shoot for fatigue/can't lift anymore after around 10 reps. The last set, a little more weight and I am tired now, so I get to maybe 8 (or even 6) reps. Of course I rest between each. What I notice is that doing this I feel like I get a tougher workout then the static weight. I typically do one day a week upper body (and do 30 minutes on elliptical), another day lower body (and 30 min elliptical) and one day a full body workout/strength training. I am currently using machines, I have not yet gone back to using free weights like I used to.

Curious what an up to date trainer would think of this!?

I do have a gentle criticism of your initial post. Alot of us were given orders to not lift more then about 10 pounds, or do any twisting or anything like that until more like 4-6 or even 8 weeks out. I know that the sleeve is basically healed at 3 weeks out, but I guess they have a reason for that margin of error and I would never counsel someone to go against their surgeon's recommendations. Some of us were freaking exhausted at 3 weeks out too, making it through a workday was about all I could manage. Anyway, I just did daily walking until about 2 months out when i joined the gym and started with Water aerobics and then eventually got back into the strength training and elliptical.

My excess skin is definately there but not as bad as I feared considering how much weight I have lost and how many decades I have been obese.

My on

What are the best exercises for legs and arms?! Inner thighs an under arms.. I'm only a week post op but I have a killer muffin top I don't want it to just sag down when all the weight is gone.. How to i tighten it so it shrinks but upwards and into abs of Steele!! Haha eww so gross!