Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So! Today is day ONE of my preop diet, and I have a TON of sugar free Jello, chobani greek yogurt, and chocolate protien drink powder. ALL SWEET STUFF. And of course I'm craving salt. Is there anything I can have?

I guess it depends on what your surgeon prefers in the pre-surgery diet - some Doc's want patients on all liquids - my Doc has us do Atkins induction - high Protein, low carbs (20g or less), lots of Water, Vitamins etc. I actually ate quite a bit of cheese (aged sharp cheddar) and did just fine with shrinking my liver - ate lots of chicken, low sodium Soups might be a nice savory option. I know that I lived on the Protein chicken broths I purchased from my Dr's office post-surgery as I do not have a sweet tooth at all and much prefer salt/savory.

I am one of those that does not do non-fat, I will do regular or lowfat cheese - evenutually I would like to ditch the artificial sweetener but it seems like it is in a lot of stuff used immediately post op.

Unless your doc wants all liquids, eggs, chicken, broths, will still comply with the liver shrinking that needs to happen during the pre-op dieting phase.

My doc apparently does the same diet (Atkins). I'm feeling blessed lol. Ch...we're you done in Washington? (billings?).

I was just done by Billing at PGSC. He was great! You will be in wonderful hands with him and the rest of the.staff there. I was sleeved on Thursday (7/12) and am home resting comfortably. Pain is minimal...mostly just from gas.

Kerry I'm so happy to hear that and happy for you. As I sit here typing I'm also filling out all of my paperwork. It's great to hear of positive experiences!

Yes my vsg was done in Seattle - Dr. Ross Mcmahon at Swedish Medical Ctr.

Iggy...when is your surgery date? I wish you the best o flick and a speedy recovery. And don't worry a bit. As I said, you will be in great hands. I really liked dr. Billing. I also posted a little "review" under the thread that talks about surgeons and hospitals...just in case you want a little more info. And any questions...just ask!

I did talk with Swedish as well but settled on billings. Interesting they do the same diets :).

I'll read your other post Kerry, and thanks! I have my first appt this Monday then with billings on the next. They think I can be fast tracked into an August date because I am a lower bmi with no complicating factors and I'm paying cash which means no insurance goober. I'm hoping for the week of the 20th when my son goes back to school.

I can't wait lmao...for surgery no less...what a goof!

chicken and beef broth worked for my salt cravings.

I would bet you'll be able to be fast-tracked. I was in the same situation as you...low BMI, no complicating factors and self-pay. I was in a bit of a time crunch to get it done because of a pre-planned trip at the beginning of August and then going back to work at the end of August (I'm a teacher). So it was pretty important for me to get it done at the beginning of July. My first appointment was June 27th and I was sleeved on July 12. Pretty quick from start to finish!

Oh I love hearing that time line Kerry! Did you have to do a sleep study by any chance? I really don't want to :( but will do what I must.

We are going to Disney aug 6 to the 10th so I am hoping either the next week or the week of the twentieth because the little guy will be back in school (he's year round this year).

No, I did not need to do a sleep study. Everything was pretty straight forward. Wasn't expecting it, but they did need to fix a small hiatal hernia while they were in there. They said its pretty common even though I wasn't exhibiting any symptoms of having one.

I would think you'll be able to get in on your timeline. Good luck and keep us posted!

Oh that makes me feel good Kerry. I have to ask....why is my cat soupy your screen image lol? He even sits like that!!!!

Haha! That's Crackerjack! He and his sister Isabel, were chasing each other around upstairs, and he came running downstairs and onto my husband's recliner. He propped himself up like that, looking for Isabel to come aftere him. It wa too funny!