Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Long Islanders?

Congrats~!~! I'm glad to hear that you are feeling well. It took me a full 2 weeks to feel better. As far as the Protein Weight Watchers shakes have on gram less of protein that those terrible medifast drinks. Give them a try~! they are good.

Lcubed oceanside is a bit away, but when the nicer weather comes I would love to walk on the boardwalk in Long Beach.

I really could use some advice on what to eat, Im not getting enough Protein.

Any advice would be great

Protein shakes/drinks are good. Isopure makes a Protein Drink with 40g protein. They make a shot too (bullets), but Im not sure of the protein amount. They do have a bit of after-taste but are well worth it for the amount of protein.

unjury also makes an unflavored Protein powder you can put into anything. (Well anything under 130 degrees.) I loved that stuff in the early days.

Glad to hear you are feeling so good so soon.

Hey Everyone,

I hope you remember me, it's Debbie and I was banded by Dr. G in Nov. So glad to see everyone is doing well.

I'm hanging in there. Finally had my first fill on March 6th - long time! I struggled with reflux caused by eating to darn fast! I finally got under control! I think I have 3.6cc's in??

Anyway, down 40 which makes me happy but like I am reading, I am also struggling a bit. I feel like still I eat too much and have naughty treats on the weekend. It is a struggle everyday!

I am happy though and I read someone asking if "anyone had second thoughts"....yes, of course but once you get over the first few hurdles (liquids, eating slow, the surgery itself!, the port pain, a fill etc.) it will be best thing you ever did for yourself! :biggrin: This site has helped me so much!

Have a great day everyone.

Debbie

So can I ask you "pro" bandsters what do you eat on a normal basis after your liquid/mushy phase?

I feel like I was not given a proper nutrition guideline and really have no idea what to do.

So can I ask you "pro" bandsters what do you eat on a normal basis after your liquid/mushy phase?

I feel like I was not given a proper nutrition guideline and really have no idea what to do.

Hi,

Did see a nutrionist yet? You could always give them a call or email?

I struggle with this too and have read/heard so many different things. First I thought only 3 meals per day - no Snacks. Now I was told 3 small meals a day with 2 snacks! Yikes!

I usually eat 3 Meals and maybe a snack:

Breakfast: 1oz lowfat cheese or 1 Egg and 1oz Ham/Turkey Sausague

If I need more, I'll have a yogurt or 3/4 cup Cereal

Lunch: Cup of salad, 4oz chicken or Turkey. Better to have the harder chicken. I thought it was BS when they said the knife and fork Protein keep you fuller but, it true...lol! I add some dressing and if I need a crunch 6 croutons or 3 small breadsticks. Sometimes I'll get a Turkey Burger with no bun.

Dinner: 4oz Protein, 2oz white or sweet potato and 2oz of some type of veggies.

Snack: Fat free pudding or Frozen Yogurt

Hope this helps. I'm sure the other ladies will add their thoughts. This is a great group!

:smile2:

Debbie

Hello my fellow Long Islanders:lol:

Im officially 3 days post op and feeling pretty good, the anesthesia has me feeling a bit groggy and tired but really the pain is minimal. stopped the pain killers yesterday:tongue:

I really could use some advice on what to eat, Im not getting enough Protein.

Any advice would be great

Oh and the best part is Im down 11 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::lol::w00t:

Congrats!!! Welcome to bandland!

It took me a full week to feel myself again, its good that you have minimal pain!

I drank a lot of tomatoe Soup from Trader Joe's...its in a carton, tastes very good! I also added some Greek yogurt to the Soup to give it some extra protein...but its hard at the beginning to get all your Protein in, so do the best you can...I pretty much lived on soup and shakes until mushies! I did have Cream of Wheat a lot also, but that was after a couple of weeks. Good luck to you...your off to a great start!

For Breakfast I either have cream of wheat (with 1%milk) or one egg with cheese...sometimes I'll have a 1/2 slice of Arnold Sandwich Selects Whole Grain bread with the egg (its pretty thin and only 100 calories for the whole thing)...but I can't always eat that first thing in the morning; for lunch its either chicken salad, grilled chicken breast or a turkey burger/hamburger (no bun) and veggies; dinner is either some kind of steak or chicken, a veggie, and if I can fit it, I'll have some kind of starch but only a little. If I need to snack in between, I have mozzarella cheese stix or wasabi peas (I've been a bit addicted to the wasabi peas) or even some cashews or almonds. My weight loss has been slow...frustrating at times because I go through these periods where I start to loose and then I hit a plateu...then I will gain and loose the same couple of pounds for WEEKS! But it will come off, I know it will...so I'm trying to be very patient!

Best of luck to you!!! Keep us posted on your losses!

Hey everyone. I'm getting banded by Dr. G April 27th--3 weeks from tomorrow. I'm super excited. I'm also really nervous because I've never had anesthesia before. Anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm sure I'll be seeing some of you in the monthly support meetings.

Lauren

Best of luck to you on this journey.

Hi Lauren,

Congrats on getting your surgery date. You will do fine. I was banded by Dr. Geiss as well on 2/3/09. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Heather

Hi All ! banded on 4/2 by dr Geiss on post op full liquids and having a tough time of it . everything went well , and i am truly great full, but having some bad hunger issues . don't now how im going to handle easter Sunday with my whole family coming over . on the positive side i am down 29 lbs since the pre op MANOWAR

congrat manowar. as for the whole easter thing figure out what you are going to eat, and only sit at the table while you are eating. stay out of the kitchen, and remember why you got the band to begin with. good luck~!~

congrat manowar. as for the whole easter thing figure out what you are going to eat, and only sit at the table while you are eating. stay out of the kitchen, and remember why you got the band to begin with. good luck~!~

thanks for the great advise!!!:cool2: good luck to you also ,and enjoy the holidays MANOWAR

Hi Everyone

I have not been on this site for weeks. I am so glad that everyone is doing pretty well and having no major complications.

I am actually sitting in Syosset hospital waiting for my mother to get out of surgery. She is now a fellow bander, too.

I have been doing pretty well. Lcubed, cappy and all the other November and early December bandsters it sounds like we are all in about the same place. I lost 30 lbs as of mid-March. I haven't weighed since but I am going to guess I am down a least another 5 based on how my clothes are fitting.

I am in total agreement that they are limiting the live at 5s in Patchogue. Hubby and I were at every one last year. Sometmes witht the kids sometimes without.

I live in Sayville and if the Patchoguers plan to get together please count me in. I had dinner with Sue last week and I always find it so motivating. It is so helpful to talk to people who understand what you are going through.

Candle - did you say you had a consult with a PS surgeon? I would love to know how it went. I told my hubby to start saving for my 40th B-day present. It is a long way off I hope I can weight that long. LOL

Talk to everyone soon.

To the recent bandsters -- this is the best thing you ever did and I wish you a quick, happy recovery.

Chris