Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Long Islanders?

Wednesday sounds good for me. Where?

I can't do Wednesday, Thursday or Friday nights this week, Steven is working...if you guys decide to go tonight or tomorrow night, let me know.

Fran

HI everyone...

Wednesday was out for me too. Any other night is fine. This weekend is good too.

Maria - I was really worried about the liquids the week before. Honestly it wasn't that bad and I did it through Thanksgiving. You get passed the chewing thing after the first day. (It is kinda like losing you best friend for a while)

There is really plenty you can eat so you don't feel hungry. I had a much harder time with the 3 week recovery.

I feel like I haven't been on here all week. Miss you guys.

I have to tell you that today for the first time I met a peice of chicken I didn't like. It was stuck I mean really stuck. It hurt so bad, I thought I was dying. I pbed for over an hour and could not get it up. Finally success. Wow...I never want to do that again. I haven't even had a fill yet.

It was my own fault. I was cutting up chicken for the kids and popped some in my mouth mindlessly. I guess I didn't chew it well enough. It sucked. I don't reccomend it.

Chris

PS. Me and chicken are no longer friends.

Hello Long Islander's!!!

I haven't been on here in awhile - so cool to see so many of your tickers moving up up up!!

I'm so over this weather - I'm ready for summer! Jogging, hiking, walking my dog, riding my bike, working in my yard, going to Splish Splash, local events (I live in Patchogue Village - they have something going on every weekend in the summer around here!) etc etc <<< All things you'd never hear me say 2 years ago :tt2:

I had an appointment w/ Dr Geiss yesterday. Damn, that office just gets busier and busier! I've been having some abdominal discomfort and a little reflux but they ruled out the band. *phew* Said it was in "perfect position"! Now we're going to check my gallbladder and then check for an ulcer or hiatal hernia. Other than that minor stuff and still worrying about the security of my job, things are great!

I need some updates - how is everyone doing?

Edited by Candle

Hi All!

Like you Candle, I haven't been here in a while. Been busy, but good busy. I live in Patchogue as well and I know what you mean about being able to do so much more...it's a great feeling. Candle, I see you've lost so much weight...CONGRATS! Did you hit any plateaus along the way? I hit one around mid Dec and just got out of it the end of Jan. It's nice to finally see the scale moving again....I just basically stayed the same weight for 6 weeks. It only went down a pound or 2. It can be discouraging but I really had to keep in mind that I was eating properly and this must be what everyone calls a plateau. That never happened to me before, but then again I never lost anywhere near this amount of weight before.

Keep up the good work and good luck to you all!

3 days to go....i am so excited. must admit i am hungry, but i just keep telling myself if i eat something i'm not supposed to there is a possibility that i will not be able to have the surgery. so i just keep plugging along. its nice to hear from some others that used dr. geiss that are doing so well after over a year. thanks for the wonderful words.:tt2:

Hi All!

Like you Candle, I haven't been here in a while. Been busy, but good busy. I live in Patchogue as well and I know what you mean about being able to do so much more...it's a great feeling. Candle, I see you've lost so much weight...CONGRATS! Did you hit any plateaus along the way? I hit one around mid Dec and just got out of it the end of Jan. It's nice to finally see the scale moving again....I just basically stayed the same weight for 6 weeks. It only went down a pound or 2. It can be discouraging but I really had to keep in mind that I was eating properly and this must be what everyone calls a plateau. That never happened to me before, but then again I never lost anywhere near this amount of weight before.

Keep up the good work and good luck to you all!

Ohhh - where do you live? I'd love a walking partner to keep me motivated! I try to walk a few miles a day with my dog. I'm in the Village. I'm bummed they are only doing 4 Alive after Five's this year.

I never really had a plateau. I wish I had some advice for you. The mental side of the weight loss is so much more work than any of us expect it to be. You sound like you are back on the losing side now though. Maybe a chat with your band doc and/or your nutritionist?

The warm weather will bring change too. I think it's so much easier to lose weight in the spring/summer.

3 days to go....i am so excited. must admit i am hungry, but i just keep telling myself if i eat something i'm not supposed to there is a possibility that i will not be able to have the surgery. so i just keep plugging along. its nice to hear from some others that used dr. geiss that are doing so well after over a year. thanks for the wonderful words.:tt2:

Hi Maria!

You must be so excited....I'm happy for you and wishing you good luck. Just know that you're in great hands with Dr. Geiss. I was banded by him July 2, 2008 and am so thankful every day that I did this. I do remember the liquid stage can be difficult but just keep thinking of the positive outcome. Keep me posted on your progress!

Lisa :thumbup:

Ohhh - where do you live? I'd love a walking partner to keep me motivated! I try to walk a few miles a day with my dog. I'm in the Village. I'm bummed they are only doing 4 Alive after Five's this year.

I never really had a plateau. I wish I had some advice for you. The mental side of the weight loss is so much more work than any of us expect it to be. You sound like you are back on the losing side now though. Maybe a chat with your band doc and/or your nutritionist?

The warm weather will bring change too. I think it's so much easier to lose weight in the spring/summer.

Hi Candle!

Thanks for the reply. I did finally get out of the plateau a few weeks ago and am so happy the scale is going down again. I live in North Patchogue near where Woodside and 112 cross. This may be a silly question but what are Alive at Five's? I never heard of them. I had to stop walking in Dec. because I got plantar fascitis in my left foot. That is when the tendon that stretches from under your toes to your heal gets too tight (like a tight rubber band) and I'm currently going to physical therapy to stretch it out again. This is the thirt time in my life that I've had this happen and pt always clears it up. So when I'm able to continue on my walking routine again, that would be fun to do it together. Keep up the good work!

Lisa :tt2:

Fran, we want you to come too, so we can make it another time! When besides tomorrow is good for you to meet?

Sue, sorry I'm getting back to you so late on this...I haven't been able to get to this site as often as I'd like. Anyway, thanks for wanting to include me for dinner...I feel bad, I really don't want to hold you guys up....my hubby's schedule sucks! Anyway, if you guys are interested in meeting this week, I can make it Tuesday night (7:00ish), Wednesday night (8:00ish) or Thursday night (7:00ish)...if this doesn't work, then you guys just pick your dates and let me know what they are and the time and hopefully I'll be able to make it! Sorry this has been so difficult!

Maria, wishing you all the best on your surgery today! Everything will go just fine! Let us know how your feeling as soon as your up to it!

Candle, sorry your having abdominal discomfort, but glad it isn't your band! Your doing fantastic on your weight loss journey!!! I pray I do as well as you! How many cc's do you have in your band? I got a fill on the 11th of this month and I definitely feel the most restriction now...not sure if this is my sweet spot though...I have 5.2cc's in a 10cc band. Keep up the great work!

Hi Lisa...good to see you on here again....I haven't been on here much either, I try but there just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day anymore! Hope your foot feels better soon!

Like Lisa, I too hit a plateu from January up until my fill on February 11th...I would gain and loose the same 3lbs during that time...after my fill, I'm down another 4lbs so I'm very happy! Finding it harder to eat Breakfast in the morning now, I seem to be more restricted. But overall, doing well and so happy I'm banded!!

Hope everyone else is doing great! Talk to you all soon!

Hi Candle!

I live in North Patchogue near where Woodside and 112 cross. This may be a silly question but what are Alive at Five's? I never heard of them.

I know right where you are - I used to have to take my step daughter to summer school at Pat-Med High School. She went to private school in Huntington but it was easier and cheaper to put her in summer school here.

Alive after Five is soooo much fun. On Main St in Patchogue they close off the street and set up vendors (food and merchandise) and stages with live music. Last year they had 5 different stages so there was music for everyone. They have a kids area (and stage w/ music) with crafts and a climbing wall. Both the Blue Point and Brickhouse brewery’s set up beer tents too.

We're within walking distance so we walk down with our dog. It starts at 5 and usually lasts until about 10pm. All the local bars and restaurants are usually hoppin' well after 10:00 though. They were doing it every other Friday in the summer but they are only doing 4 this year.

I hope your foot is better soon. I hate PT!

Candle, sorry your having abdominal discomfort, but glad it isn't your band! Your doing fantastic on your weight loss journey!!! I pray I do as well as you! How many cc's do you have in your band? I got a fill on the 11th of this month and I definitely feel the most restriction now...not sure if this is my sweet spot though...I have 5.2cc's in a 10cc band. Keep up the great work!

Thanks

I've only had one fill so I only have 2.5cc's in my 10cc band. I've never really had "restriction". It seems most people with the 10cc band report good-to-great restriction with about 5-8cc's so it sounds like you are right on track.

HI CANDLE:

How are you LB sister? I can't believe I'm on the other side of this and finally one of the banded people. I used to go on this site almost every day and shoot out questions daily. Now that I have gotten the LB it seems like the mystery is gone and I go on maybe once every 2 months.

I'm happy to report that I've lost a total of 16 lbs. (which is alot for me at my age and being a lower BMIer) Just got my 2nd fill yesterday and I can say I really feel a difference now! I get full MUCH quicker. I am back to the gym and yoga and feeling so much better. I am tired less during the day and feel like I'm back in control now. I have not been 100% good for sure but I think this second fill will be the big help I need.

All the best,

Sooverit!

NPt. L.I.

thanks fran for your well wishes. I am 4 days post-op. port site is very tender and still have a lot of gas, but feeling much better today than yesterday. do you get a fill in the operating room b4 your surgery is complete? of do they do an assesment at your first appointment post-op?