Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Long Islanders?

Hi Everyone!

I have an appt tomorrow with Dr. Geiss. I am assuming I will get another fill. I feel like I need more restriction. I am now at 2.2 cc's but it is not enough. I would love to get together whenever you guys are planning on it. The only nites I cannot make it are Thursdays.

I'll let you all know what happens tomorrow.

I hope you are all doing well!!!

Lisa

Hi Lisa and Sue

Lisa how did your appt go? Did you get the fill you expected?

Lets try to get together this weekend. I am free Sunday and I am willing ot come to Nassau. What works for you guys?

If the weekend doesn't work...lets do dinner one night next week. I am off the whole week.

Chris

Hi Lisa and Chris,

I can do either Sunday late afternoon or dinner next week. The only night that is not good for me would be Thursday as well. Let me know what is easiest for you both! Let's see if we can get Fran and some others to come!

Sue

Hi All,

I live in Seaford and there is a support group meeting every 2nd Tuesday at Mercy Hospital. But any additional support would be great. Had my weigh in today and lost another 7.5. This band thing has been the greatest thing I have ever done for myself.

All the best to everyone.

Hi Everyone! Thank you all for the encouragement and support. I really appreciate it.

Shrinkinmom: There is nothing special for me to do until the surgery...except follow the preop liquid diet the week prior to surgery. I also have to go to a Preop Class on Oct 21. They are sending me lots of materials in the mail. And yes...I will be a smaller size by Christmas and I can't wait!!!

Twiceblessd: I think I got the call about 2 days after the file went in for review. Jennifer said it would be reviewed by the PA on Monday afternoon and I got the call on Thurs morning at 9am. So you will hear from them soon!!! Dr. Geiss does surgery on certain days. The first available day was Tues Nov 4. I wanted to have it done on a Mon if possible because I have Training Sessions every Fri (I am a psychotherapist) and I thought I would have more time to recover. Also I wanted to be able to vote since it is Election Day. So she said the next available day was Nov 10 and I took it quickly...grabbed it up is more like it!!!

Susancarole: Thank you so much for your offer of information. I will definitely have lots more questions and get much more nervous as the date approaches. Thank you for being here!!! How are you feeling? What has it been like for you the past few days? Thanks!

Hi Ladies.....I have a date with Dr. Geiss on 2/23/09 to be banded. I am feeling very encouraged by the good words I am reading. I am not nervous about the actual surgery but am afraid of the week prior which will start on 2/16/09 with the pre-op diet. I like to chew, and from what I am hearing there is only liquid. I don't want to have any problems. Any words on how you didn't eat the week b4? thanks Maria

Maria- GUM

Hi Everyone!

I feel like I have been on here in weeks! I try and pop in when I get a chance, but I haven't had time to sit and post!

I would LOVE to meet up with you guys for dinner...Sunday afternoon probably won't work for me...hubby has a couple of estimates to go on and doesn't know when he'll be home...so next week I'm available on Monday and Tuesday nights...does that work? I don't care where we go, I'm flexible!

So, I just had my 2nd fill yesterday...she put another 1.5cc's in so I think I'm up to 5.2cc's now...wow, I just realized it was that high...I don't feel any different at the moment...on liquids for now and tomorrow I will start mushies...I'm at a stand still with my weight loss...still at 23lbs, I've been at this weight now for all of January up until today...but its my fault...I'm not exercising like I should be and I've been snacking in between...although I am eating very healthy and weighing out my Protein, I guess I'm still eating too many calories and not burning them off since I'm not exercising! So, my goal this month is to MOVE MY ASS!

I haven't had a chance to read all the back posts...so to all the newbies out there, welcome!!! Maria, I did see your post...congrats on your 2/23 surgery date! As far as the pre- op diet, I actually started mine an extra week early...I knew it was going to be hard so I wanted to give myself some extra time to get use to not chewing...its really important to follow the diet exactly as it will help shrink your liver...I had read some scary stories on here about people whose liver didn't shrink enough so they couldn't proceed with surgery...and believe me, when you KNOW you have to do something strictly, you just do it! It was hard, I'm not going to lie, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...I love Soup, especially tomotoe Soup, so I drank lots of this...I also found a Protein shake that I liked...its called Pure Pro and I got it at GNC...as far as chewing, I agree with the gum suggestion...that definitely helped me! It didn't make me hungrier.

Okay, I gotta run for now...I will come back on here later and check to see if we came up with a date for dinner! I hope everyone is doing great and losing...talk to you all soon!

Fran

:thumbup:Thanks Fran....the only problem is that I didn't get to see Geiss's nutritionist because I couldn't afford it. So I'm not quite sure about what I can have. My friend turned me on to a shake from GNC too, not sure of the name. Yes, I am being good even now with 11 days to go. I have a daughter I have to feed. Told her she will have to heat up her own stuff. I made lots of stuff and froze it, so I hope that will work out. Again thanks for the shout.

Hi Maria

I didn't want to sound flip but gum works for me. The nutritionist at one of the support group meetings said not to use gum as an appetite suppressant because (she said) gum makes you more hungry. It's not that way for me.

You can also try ice chips. I had carrots or pickles. I didn't overload (pickles too salty). Just one and savored it. The pre op diet is to shrink the liver so fatty foods are out. No fat in pickles or carrots. Do do the Clear liquids for the last day- that's for real medical/surgical reasons.

I did go to the nutritionist and I still have all the stuff. Send me a private message with your email address and I will scan it and send it out to you.

Hi Everyone!

So I had my appt on 2/9 and got a fill of 1.5 cc's. Now I am up to a total of 3.7. It's hard to say if I feel different yet...a little too soon I think. I've lost a total of about 28 pounds so far. That's 28 pounds gone forever!!! Hopefully this fill will help speed things up a bit. I do have to do more exercise too and am planning several ways to do that.

dinner next week would be great. I would love to get together with all of you. I hope everyone is doing well, feeling good, losing weight, and gaining health and happiness!

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Lisa