Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Long Islanders?

Hi Everyone,

I saw Dr. Geiss today (yes, Dr. G in person) and you were right he didn't give me a fill. He said I had restriction in there already and because of my recent reflux problems he wants me to wait 4 more weeks. Good news is I lost 5 pounds (30 total-can't figure out how to post the weight loss ticker - I am hopeless). Think it was those skinny vibes you sent Chris thanks!

Hope everyone is well and I'd love to meet up as well. I'm also planning on going on the 20th. I'm still really confused about what we are supposed to be eating. I thought it was 3 meals a day (3 oz pro, 2 oz veggies and 3 oz carbs)and an optional snack if needed. Today I see in the office 3 small meals and 2 Snacks. Any thoughts? :grouphug:

Stay warm everyone!

Debbie

Banded Nov. 13th - Dr. Geiss

Hi Everyone!

How is everyone doing? Do we have a date in mind yet of when to meet?

Debbie: I am personally not going to the meeting on the 20th because I get a lot more out of meeting with the ladies on this site. However, since you are having confusion on exactly what to be eating, the nutritionist Christine is always at those meetings and she can help you with that. Good luck and let us know how that goes!

I have lost 60 pounds so far. I can not say that it has been easy! I have 2 small meals (for Breakfast and lunch) and I keep my dinner on a salad plate when I eat with my family. I try to only have one little snack a day. So it really equals somewhere between 1000 and 1200 calories a day. I don't count it exactly. I can not say that I am "full" after any meal,but I am not hungry- and I do make it until the next meal----usually.....I have had days where I have eaten more also, like around the holidays as I have posted before. I did gain 3.5 pounds in the two weeks surrounding Christmas, but I did take that weight off and a bit more the following week. You just have to be disciplined.

Good luck!

Sue

Hi Everyone!

Sorry its been so long since I've posted! Have lots of drama going on right now, I "may" be getting laid off from work...my company is "restructuring", its been so stressful! We are all waiting on pins and needles to see who is getting the boot! So I've been a little preoccupied! However, I just read through the posts quickly, thanks for the encouragement from everyone...I really appreciate it! My weight has been fluctuating by 2-3lbs...up one day, down two days later....I'm not writing anything down, which I probably should do, I'm just eating my three meals and sometimes I have one or two snack in between....I'm still having trouble recognizing when I'm satisfied....how friggin' long does that take to get? You would think that that would be a simple thing to recognize, but I still "think" like a big eater...I know, baby steps! I haven't been exercising enough either, maybe twice a week. But, overall, I guess I'm not doing bad...just want to see results a little faster and wish I could do that by just

blinking:tongue: I hope you guys are all doing well with your bands!

I'm exhausted and need to feel my bed soon....just wanted to let you know that if you guys want to get together soon, next week I'm available on Monday (day or night), Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evening (after 7:00)...let's try and get something planned, sounds like we all need some group support! Also, you guys are welcome to come to my house anytime...I live in Lake Grove...if this isn't too far for some, please just say the word and you can come by me! Otherwise, Starbucks or Chris's office works fine too! Hope to hear from you guys soon! Night night!

Hi Everyone

I so agree with Cappy that I can use some support. I know it is short notice but I am off on Monday and would love to get together.

Is anyone interested inmeeting Monday AFternoon or evening at the Starbucks in Sayville? I am thinking around 4:00 or later so my hubby can get home to take care of the kiddies.

Let me know.

Chris

Hey Chris:

Monday afternoon might be doable for me...I'll check with my husband to make sure he's going to be around to watch the kids and I'll get back to you later on today (its 3:15 a.m. right now, having trouble sleeping). I hope I can make it, I really need the support!!! Talk to you later.

Hey Chris and Fran,

I could possibly meet at 4 pm at Starbucks if you want! But you have to let me know if you are definitely going before I head out for a 45 minute drive. Chris, I will email you, or you can call me on my cell phone.

Sue

HI everyone I am a fellow Long Islander here! I went to Westchester for my surgery though. I have to say the surgery has been pretty anticlimactic. I was banded 12/1 then the holidays now the snow. I'm only down 15 and not holding steady. Need my fill fast. Have to get back to exercise also. The snow makes me want to just do things in the house. Glad to see people are meeting each other in person...that's great.

best to you all

Hi ALL

Fran, so sorry you could not join us today, Chris and I had a blast as usual. We are great cheerleaders for each other! Next time, we will cheer you on as well!

Sue

Sorry I couldn't get out before 7:00 on Monday!!! I was so bummed, I really wanted to hang with you girls! Well, one of these days I WILL make a meeting!!! Glad you had a good time, even if it was without me:frown:

Hope everyone is doing well!

HI

Where is everyone?

I was wanted to check in. I had my second appt at Geissis office last week. I met with Dr. B. I really like him. He cracks me up.

Anyway, I lsot seven more lbs. I was so excited b/c I was nervous about gaining over the Holidays. I didn't get a fill, which I am fine with b/c I don't think I needed one yet.

This weather is so depressing. I don't feel like going out and I have totally lost my motivation to go to the gym. I can't wait to be able to be outside.

Sending everyone skinny vibes.

Chris

Hi Everyone!

I know I haven't been around much or posting lately but I've been reading the posts. Sounds like you are all doing well. I have my 3rd appt. on Feb. 9. I already had 1 fill but I didn't notice any difference at all. I'm at 2.2 cc's now. I have lost 28 lbs. overall. I definitely want another fill when I go to my next appt. I'd love to hear from you guys and find out where you are at with respect to your fills, weight loss, and general progress.

Hope to hear from all of you soon!

Lisa L.

Hi Everyone

I am heading to Dr. Powers on Monday morning...will let you all know how I am doing.

Lisa, I am at 3 ccs, and had only the one fill. He was reluctant to give me one, but I talked him into it. I really do not feel any different. I have lost probably 8 pounds since I saw him 6 weeks ago, so he probably will not recommend another fill. I will let you know. But regardless, I am going to listen to him!

Chris.....I am finally getting my treadmill in 2 weeks, I ordered it. Believe me, besides the tennis, I have not been exercising that much and I can tell the difference.

When do you all want to meet again?

Sue

HI Lisa and Sue and everyone else...

Lisa, it is great to see you back. I have lost 22 lbs so far and I have not yet had a fill. I don't really feel like I nedd one yet. The Dr. said probably next time but if I am still losing at this rate i will try to talk him out of it.

Sue--I wanted to let you know that I signed up for the volleyball team I told yo about and I talked my hubby into talking swing lessons with me again. We did it before we got married and it was a lot of fun. Neither one starts until the end of February so I have ot get back to the gym this week.

I have been so sick with a sinus and upper respiratory infection. I always find I gain weight when I am sick. I thin b/c I try to comfort myself with food. It has been a battle not to eat the reeses pb cake still in my kitchen. I has it leftover from company on Friday night. Ithink it is going into the garbage today.

As always, I am game foe getting together. Lets look at this week or next. If we want to meet in my office Monday, Feb 9th works. We can meet there at 7:00 or maybe we can meet for brunch or lunch next Sunday. What works for everyone?

I have to say that if you are finding yourself in a rut or struggling the best thing is to get together with people who are going through the same thing. Each time I have met with a fellow banster ( Sue is the common thread b/c she has been there all three times.) I have come away so focused and in a better mind frame to continue to be successful. It really helps so try to meet with us.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

<<<Sending skinny vibes>>>

Chris

Hey everybody! It's been a long time since I've posted, so here's a quick update...

Begining of January I had my appointment with the PA Deirdre - I had 3cc's in the band, but it was WAY too much for me personally, I couldnt eat anything and was only getting in maybe 500-600 calories a day. She took out 2.5cc's and after about a week I started to feel a lot more normal - no more reflux, and I was able to eat a bit more.

I went back yesterday and lost 6lbs, for a total of 31 lbs so far. I'm pretty happy with my progress thus far, but I know I really need to start exercising now. I feel that the .5cc is all the restriction I need. I feel very lucky in that I havent had a hard time adapting to chewing food to oblivion or eating slowly. I don't have much of an appetite during the day, but at night I can eat about 4 oz. Protein, some veggie and some starch. I havent felt deprived at all, which is awesome.

I hope everyone else is doing well, and hopefully we can meet up some time soon.

Wishing everyone a good week :-)

-Miriam

Hi Everyone,

So, Dr. Powers did not think that I needed another fill, so I listened this time! I had lost 7 pounds since I saw him last (which was 7 weeks ago- Dec. 8) Even though the weight is coming off slower now, I can not be disappointed with my 64 pound weight loss!

Miriam, I am happy you are feeling better!

I feel like Lisa does, that I do not feel any difference with the fill, but I really understand that it is an individual thing! But, since I am still losing weight, I am going to leave things alone. The only thing I have trouble with is any food that is on the dry side....like muffins, that sort of thing- which I should not be eating anyway!

Chris, if you want to meet again, that would be great! If we get enough people to go to Huntington, that would be fine. If it is just you and I again, I am gonna bug you to come west! If we decide that we want to do brunch, I would just request that it be a bit later on a Sunday, since I sing at church every weekend until about 12:00 noon.

Have a great week all,

Sue