Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Stupid Little "yay Me!" Thread - I'm Wearing A Size 12 And L Or M Top!

I thunk I shrunk again. I can wear 12s and even 13s. I'm also wearing some Hang Ten Jeans that looked like doll clothes 6 months ago. I even fit into a 34 x 32 BUTTON FLY 501 pair! I got 10 pair of new/old pants and 6 new/old tops.

Funny about some of the jeans and pants I have. The ones from the 90s or so (I think) are high wasted and the denim is HEAVY. Don't like them at all. I gave them to Goodwill as well. The Hang Tens are acid washed. My daughter just rolls her eyes and puts on her skinny jeans.

My dad saw me this weekend and he hasn't seen me since Father's day and he was flabbergasted and pleased. I don't notice differences so much because I see me every day.

I also have to bless God that I can hike up strenuous terrain without even breathing hard anymore.

I have old pants in reserve in size 10 and 8. I expect to get to a 6 and a small top. It will be wonderful to shop for things I won't grow .... in? of --- shrink out of? HAHA! I love saying that: "Shrink out of." I will probably do a combination of Ebay, Goodwill, Tilly's, Old Navy and American Eagle. I can't WAIT!

When I got at my heaviest I was busting out of a 20 and I didn't want to by a size larger let alone buy anything my size. Now I have so many clothes I can wear that I can't decide sometimes.

A stupid little yay me thread?! There is nothing of the sort! ;) congrats on the clothing! I'm dreaming of the day where I have too many clothes to choose from.

I totally love your humor! Congrats! Your not done yet, you will need to buy smaller sizes later on! But it will be fun! The only pain is from your pocket book! LOL Keep it up! :)

Woo hoo! That is awesome!! What a great post, congratulations!!

Congrats! It feels awesome when you get to move to a new size. I finally bought some new shirts, they were getting way too baggy. All the shirts I bought were larges. I can't remember the last time I bought clothes without an X in them, usually multiple X's.

Love this post!!! :) Congrats!!!

Feeling jealousy right now!! ;).

Amazing achievements! Congrats!

~Jane

Feeling jealousy right now!! ;).

Amazing achievements! Congrats!

~Jane

Ahhh, but you will get here faster than you think. There are many happy moments to come for you!

Congrats to you, lady! You're doing fantastic!

A word of advice, though, based upon my experience. I got down to "just about goal" and was sure I wasn't going to shrink much more. I bought a full wardrobe in the size I was at that time. I only lost six or seven more pounds after that but I went down an entire size and had to replace my entire wardrobe from underthings to a jacket - even down to my shoes! I lost an stinking shoe size, how crazy is that?

So, once you hit goal (and you will!) sit there a bit before you go out and invest in a new wardrobe. I gave away clothes that still had tags on them, and it made me very sad.

Oh, and hello?! Isn't modern denim the most amazing thing? I tried on a pair of jeans that I had buried in the bottom of a box from the incredibly brief period when I wore a size six as a teen. Ugh - the thick, heavy material with zero stretch was completely unflattering! Though I admit, I liked the higher waist. Call me a mom but I don't think low riding jeans look good on anyone over the age of seventeen. I much prefer the old retro waistline that accentuates a small waist and larger hips. :)

~Cheri

That is really good advice. I'm not sure at all where I'm going to end up and if I do have plastic to get rid of the apron then I swear I will go down two sizes. Things that fit in the hips now are too big in the waist.

The pants I am wearing today are stretchy, but of a style that was popular 10 years ago. One day I'm in flair legs, the next straight. I've found that I don't like the high waist-ed stuff. I like pants to sit at my hips or just above -- but not to the point that I show crack when I bend over. Seriously, that is so gross!

The only old denim I like are a pair of well-washed Levis 501s. The shrink to fits are never true to size so you might fit in one labeled 32x30, but not another. Then a 34x30 is too small. (Actually I wear a 36 now :-P)

That's another thing. I'm short okay. I'm sick of walking on the hems. Yeah, I know: they make short and petite, but with used clothes that is not always available. I'm not going to the expense to hem them only to give them away in a couple months. Sheesh!

Yay you!! it's always inspiring to read success stories. way to go!

That's another thing. I'm short okay. I'm sick of walking on the hems. Yeah, I know: they make short and petite, but with used clothes that is not always available.

I'm a super shortie. Meaning that even petite pants have to be hemmed a few inches in most cases. My inseam is almost 29" and it's a real pain to find pants that fit. A quick fix is some stitch witchery and an Iron, if the already present hem isn't terribly noticeable. I just tried my hardest to find off the rack petites that would fit but I know it's not always an option. I'll lose another entire pant size with plastics, no doubt. My apron is the worst!

I can't believe how you're closing in on goal already! It seems like not that long ago you started posting!

~Cheri

I'm a super shortie. Meaning that even petite pants have to be hemmed a few inches in most cases. My inseam is almost 29" and it's a real pain to find pants that fit. A quick fix is some stitch witchery and an Iron, if the already present hem isn't terribly noticeable. I just tried my hardest to find off the rack petites that would fit but I know it's not always an option. I'll lose another entire pant size with plastics, no doubt. My apron is the worst!

I can't believe how you're closing in on goal already! It seems like not that long ago you started posting!

~Cheri

I remember first posting and seeing that my ticker was all the way to the left when everyone was going strong or at goal. You hope that is going to be you someday and then quicker than you'd think --- you get there.

The weight comes off slower now, but I'm still going. The inches seem to be disappearing when the weight doesn't.