Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC September Chat

Well guys, I over did it tonight! I guess I was eating too fast and didn't listen to the band! Damn it hurts!!! I walked and walked around Wal-Mart hoping that would help (it helped after surgery!!!), but to no avail. I took some Gas-X and that is helping a little. Just wanted to vent and tell everyone about my stupidity. Now I am going to TRY to go to bed.

I had the bad breath thing until I started on more "real" foods...I think it is ketosis and not chewing put together. I also had bumps on the back of my tounge for awile that bugged me...

I am still at a stand still with my weight which is surprising for me because I have been working out alot on top of still not eating much. I can tell that my restriction is lessening but its definately still there and I've painted three times this week (we are moving into a new house next week) and when I paint its for like 6 hours at a time! Then on top of that I'm riding my bike too... :o I guess I should be happy to be maintaining but I'd really like to feel like this is working for me. I go to the Dr in two weeks and I'm afraid that I will be at the same weight as my last visit last week! I guess I'm just paranoid.....

You know, I'm feeling completely clueless when it comes to the band. Everytime I anticipate that I'm going to lose, I end up either staying the same or even gaining a 1/2 a pound to a pound. I haven't eaten more than a cup per meal with maybe one snack a day of either yogurt, or lowfat cheese, or pudding. And I've started working on the treadmill this week. Yet, I'm stuck again. I had a fill a week ago today and I assumed I would see a jump on weight loss. I dropped 3 pounds over the weekend and then...nothing. I can't tell if I need another fill or not. I'm totally lost here.

I guess we are going to be dealing with a lot of trial and error here until we're used to this band. I'm just so anxious to get some of this weight off so I can start feeling good again.:o

In the first few weeks when I ate too much or too fast, Lortab was the only remedy for the pain which would last as much as 12 hours.

Well guys, I over did it tonight! I guess I was eating too fast and didn't listen to the band! Damn it hurts!!! I walked and walked around Wal-Mart hoping that would help (it helped after surgery!!!), but to no avail. I took some Gas-X and that is helping a little. Just wanted to vent and tell everyone about my stupidity. Now I am going to TRY to go to bed.

I haven't had loratab or tylenol since 3 days post op. I haven't really eaten to the point of major pain though either. Just uncomfortable.

I can hardly wait to get a fill.

Please forgive me if this is too personal and inappropriate, but honestly I am a bit embarrassed to call and ask the nurse this question "out loud". LOL.

When do you typically get your first BM after surgery? I am 9 days out and ....nothing. I only had to do liquids for the first 48 hours and have been on mushies ever since. I have had plenty of fish and vegetables.

Feel free to send the answer in a PM if its too embarrassing to post here. LOL. Just wondering if I should be adventuring to the store for some ex-lax or something.......

Please forgive me if this is too personal and inappropriate, but honestly I am a bit embarrassed to call and ask the nurse this question "out loud". LOL.

When do you typically get your first BM after surgery? I am 9 days out and ....nothing. I only had to do liquids for the first 48 hours and have been on mushies ever since. I have had plenty of fish and vegetables.

Feel free to send the answer in a PM if its too embarrassing to post here. LOL. Just wondering if I should be adventuring to the store for some ex-lax or something.......

I was told if I went more then 2 days to take something.

Call the nurse, they are used to questions like this!

I was about 6 days too then all heck broke loose, if you know what I mean!!!

Ooooh embarrassing moment....

I'm at the diner with my parents and my son for lunch today and I ordered a 1/2 of turkey on rye with mayo and a cup of Soup. I ate about three bites of the soup then took a bite of my sandwich. After about two bites, I got a terrible pain in my chest (I was thinking "Oh yeah, here we go") I coughed and SLIMED IN MY HAND!!! I quickly grabbed a napkin and ran to the bathroom. I was so embarrassed. Oh, and most of the slime slipped out of my hand and on to my turkey sandwich, YUCK!! When I got back from the bathroom, I kept asking my mom if anyone saw me, and she said she didn't know. The waitress kept asking if anything was wrong with my sandwich. I didn't want to tell her that I slimed all over it.;)

Libra, sorry hear about your slimeing the sandwich. Hey if you did eat it. at least it would be pre-lubricated! ha..sorry.

I feel like a giant Snoopy balloon at the Macy's Parade. I am so bloated and gas-filled I can hardly see straight. I have the shoulder pain, the diaphram/back pain, I can't bend over or get comfortable and I can't burp!

Faybie, I was going to ask the SAME thing. I was driving home thinking "what if I am terribly constipated and I just keep getting more gas in my body until I actually pop?!" Like my incisons are just going to give way and my guts will spill out. Actually, at this point, that might feel good.

I know everything going on is normal -- but can I still whine?

Did I mention I *miss* wearing a bra? Having my yams pressed against me all day from the zero support tank top I wear is lame.

I didn't have any problems getting "back to normal", but I have read on some other posts to try milk of magneisa (sp!), but stay close to the toilet, 'cuz when it works, it works. If this doesn't help call your doc immediately, you could have something else going on in the bowel.

Hope you can poop soon!

I think, during the liquid phase, there's simply nothing in your intestine to move. I had the trots, and asked the dietician for advice. She said: take benefiber, and add applesauce and/or banana to the high Protein Shakes. Once that gave my bowels something to work with, it got back to normal quickly. Now that I'm on mushies, I BM about every other day.

at first I had the runs for about a week...starting the day after surgery. Now I still make a BM everyday like prior to surgery.

Chrissie, hey I do am 12 days out 8/28. I could eat a bagel with c/c bout now too. I am so hungry in the afternoon and that milk stage just ain't cuttin it. My doc has me on milk stage for 2 wks then to mushies. I don't know if I can wait, I flippin hungry and need to chew-- help

what are the best mushie food choices that are tasty and filling?? suggestions please!! Obviously my band had no restriction anymore, cause all I can think about is moving to mushies...Food Glorios Food. My mind is taking over...yikes