Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

:) lol...well, i think you'll get a phone call soon. Like I said...they are usually good at getting back to you in the time span they say...

They called back last night,,,wooo hooo!!! Said they were awaiting info back from the insurance company, and we should hear from them in about a month!!!!!! Which sounds all great,,,but I thought I was already aproved?!?!? But I'll roll with it..........

They called back last night,,,wooo hooo!!! Said they were awaiting info back from the insurance company, and we should hear from them in about a month!!!!!! Which sounds all great,,,but I thought I was already aproved?!?!? But I'll roll with it..........

That's awesome!!! They are probably just waiting for approval codes...I had the same thing happen...GOOD FOR YOU!!! Congrats!!!:)

I got home from work last nigh to find a pile of mail,,now normaly I sit down and open mail and do bills after work, but really didn't feel like it last night. So just tossed it all aside. When I got up at 3 this morning, it was all still there...like the mail fairy was going to take care of it all right? So I started chuckin the crap into old file #13, and opening the rest, sorting out bills from the "answerables",, and what was this? An envelope from UHC! My insurance carrier mailed me something,, well it was not in the usuall envelope, you know the one, with the CO-PAY bill inside....It was DIFFERENT. So I opened it, and it starts out saying that this is a "CARBON COPY" and sent to you Dr.,,,,Dr. Haagg,,,,,and somewhere in there was the words "ARE ACCEPTED" !!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOO HOOOO I was so excited I all most went and woke the wife up to tell her!, But being it was still 3AM,,I thought better of it.....

I got home from work last nigh to find a pile of mail,,now normaly I sit down and open mail and do bills after work, but really didn't feel like it last night. So just tossed it all aside. When I got up at 3 this morning, it was all still there...like the mail fairy was going to take care of it all right? So I started chuckin the crap into old file #13, and opening the rest, sorting out bills from the "answerables",, and what was this? An envelope from UHC! My insurance carrier mailed me something,, well it was not in the usuall envelope, you know the one, with the CO-PAY bill inside....It was DIFFERENT. So I opened it, and it starts out saying that this is a "CARBON COPY" and sent to you Dr.,,,,Dr. Haagg,,,,,and somewhere in there was the words "ARE ACCEPTED" !!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOO HOOOO I was so excited I all most went and woke the wife up to tell her!, But being it was still 3AM,,I thought better of it.....

Congratulations!!! :clap2: I hope you get a date soon!!!! I would call the MD's office and let them know you have the letter..that will kinda push them a little....best of luck!!!!

Yup,,,I guess they called my house yesterday while I was at work,,,I never got that msg. till this morning,,(Teenaged boy, go figure), so I called and left them a message right about 9:30 this morning..........tag, their it!

Yup,,,I guess they called my house yesterday while I was at work,,,I never got that msg. till this morning,,(Teenaged boy, go figure), so I called and left them a message right about 9:30 this morning..........tag, their it!

That's awesome!!! Yeah my pre-teen daughter is the same...I have a rule in this house...If you answer the phone you write the message down on the notebook next to the phone!!!!

I'd do that, but.......he is DAMNED LAZY!!!!!!!! 18 yrs old and the world OWES him,,,just ask him, he'll tell you. He has been SO close to collecting 5 right in the mouth lately....I get a bit hot just thinking about it....hehe,,,but I suppose that is for another whole thread!

Been there done that...and I thought it was the girls who where more diffcult....anyway...I guess it gets better at some point.:faint: .I HOPE!!! lol...

ok...question...is it just me or are we the only two who post on this thread anymore...I feel neglected by everyone else....:think

Yeh, I think we may have!! I think they all hang in BIDMC now,,,also, I think mostly they are all,,,,as we say over this way, "ALL FROM OUT TOWARDS BOSTON" lol,,

oh..well, anyway at least there are two of us from "out here"...lol..It's funny cause to me there is nt that big of a distance thing, but my family lives in Worcester and they HATE coming out to visit...it's weird.. by the way, did everything work out with your Popa...I hope so!!!:)

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!! (sorry) I just got my date!!!!:) March 9th!!!!

Yep we got Popa in a put in an old folks home,,impressed he is not....but I noticed he is "not here" like he used to be...it is all of a sudden, before it was like quick in and out, now he is gone most of the time. I go to see him as often as I can, but I don't really think he knows/remembers I'm there.

As for Worcester,,sorry, I'm not much of a city person My Step Daughter was in one hosp. and her daughter (who we adopted) was in the other, I forget which one, St. Vinc. or UMASS, but one of them has the MOST INCREDIBLE ??NEO-NATAL?? (I called it a premi) unit... those people were just the best! She was born 2lbs 3ozs,,,and 12 weeks premature! I can't say enough about them,,,I just wanted to hug each and everyone that helped her out. I am a firm believer that had she been born in Greenfield, (The Frankenstein Medical Center) she never would have made it,, there is just no way!! They are to far behind the times, outdated equipment,,and personel.

First of all, YEAHH!!!! :clap2: :clap2: You got a date!!! :clap2: :clap2: Awesome!!!!:clap2: :clap2: it will come so fast!!!!:clap2: :clap2:

Your popa might not remember, but you do, and god forbid something happen you'll always remember you went to see him...I talk from experience...Reguarding the hospital in Worcester, It was probably UMASS Memorial. Both my sons where born there..My 5 year old (who is also adopted) was born at 32 weeks gestation wih many other complications, and yes they are the best!!! My youngest (who I gave birth too) had no probems but they did an awesome job with me and him both. My oldest was born in Cooley Dickinson ( I was a student at UMASS) and can't complain either..Yeah, I've heard stories about FMC....not good ones either. I worked for Baystate for a while and they are good...

Hey B, I don't think anyone else even looks in here any more, it seems to me, that we unknowingly hijacked this thread:cry .

Any who, I have to call Dr. Haag's office on Fri. and set up a couple appointments for ??blood work?? and what nots,,,:bored ,,,Oh well,, thanks for the push!!

Hey B, I don't think anyone else even looks in here any more, it seems to me, that we unknowingly hijacked this thread:cry .

Any who, I have to call Dr. Haag's office on Fri. and set up a couple appointments for ??blood work?? and what nots,,,:bored ,,,Oh well,, thanks for the push!!

Hey, that' not a bad thing...yeah..those "appointmens" are fun, not!!! Pre-op testing consists of ekg, blood work and chest xray...I'm so xcited for you!!!! Good luck and obviously KEEP ME POSTED!!!!!! Anytime!! I'm glad I could be here to help!!! that's what this site is all about SUPPORT!!:)

Congrats Lokiluvr on your band date. I wish you the best! That's going to be here so soon!

Hello Bandida. Funny....I read all the postings but, never have anything exciting to add so I just peek in. I think I even started the thread hahaha.

Anywho...I just hit my one year bandiversary on the 13th. I should be proud of all I've lost yet...I was so dissappointed I didn't get below 200 like I had hoped. Now...since the 5th I've gained 8 pounds. I'm going through some funky stuff with my body right now. My mom seems to think I'm going through the change...sorry lokiluvr probably not a subject you wanna hear about lol. Anywho....I hope things level back out and I start losing again. I can't stand the fact that the scale is going the wrong way. I'm not blowing it diet wise but yes I've had some bad choices lately. I guess the old mindset set back in after I didn't meet my goal. I'm in a bad place right now I guess but, I'll snap out of it. Working on that now actually :)

If you folks are from Western Mass you must have gotten a bit of snow aye? We haven't gotten much this way yet. I'm still waiting for that one big storm :( I do love New England :)