Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

l went to Bay state and they were very good to deal with..Dr Haag said to me that they love going to NOBLE, bec the staff at NOBLE is much nicer to work with than at Bay state...stay on their butts in the office..call call call....don't leave a message, they never call you back..instead, tell them you will wait on hold....they can be really rude...their office lacks a lot of kindness...he who makes the most nboise in that office gets things done...l was all done, may paper work submitted when my sister in law got her done..l was several weeks ahead of her, yet she got her surgery 2 weeks before me bec she kept calling them...l mean a couple of times a week until they told her what she wanted to hear..granted we had a strange case bec he was out for a month, but when you want something badly and you have to wait until who knows when you get very anxious....l didn't care if they gave me a surgery date of several months, as long as l had a date...Fortunately after my sister in law got booked, l called to find out how she jumpped ahead of me on the list...they told me, she has insurance issues...The only insurance issue was, l was paying for my health insurance and she wasn't.....l was so mad..meanwhile they told me they weren't booking any surgeries..when l told them is was BS they had booked hers, they immediately gave me a date..Funny how they go from one minute of saying they can't book anything, to giving me a date within the next week...Be on your toes with them...With all the money they have to be making, they should treat us patients far better than they do....stand up for yourself...

Noble was fine - the office said that I could either get the surgery done at Noble on 11/19 or wait for an opening at Baystate which would be in December. I lucked out also because both doctors were doing the surgeries together that day. It's a small hospital - I didn't have any health issues that's why I was chosen to go there. Meanwhile, Tufts was VERY quick in approving the surgery. Lisa - share your story about how your sister in law went for her fill - I still can't believe it!

It's great to see Mass chatters....Yea!!!! I am from Lowell I am going through the lowell general Weight Management Center and Dr. Shore will be my surgeon....I have Blue Cross Blue Shield of mass does anyone else have them and how was it to deal with them. I haven't been submitted yet...But am nervous not to get approval I am 34.7 bmi with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure and the insurance person at the clinic seems to think I will be approved...I sure hope so...

Helena

Noble was fine - the office said that I could either get the surgery done at Noble on 11/19 or wait for an opening at Baystate which would be in December. I lucked out also because both doctors were doing the surgeries together that day. It's a small hospital - I didn't have any health issues that's why I was chosen to go there. Meanwhile, Tufts was VERY quick in approving the surgery. Lisa - share your story about how your sister in law went for her fill - I still can't believe it!

My sister in law when for her fill on Mon with Dr Haag..she waited 5 weeks for the appt...She got there at 9 for a 9 appt..at 9:30 they put her in a room. at 10:15 they told her Dr Haag wasn't in yet...Come to find out, Dr Haag was in California. and wasn't coming in at all...thats the third time she was cancelled after she was already at the office...she was there over 2 + hours waiting for an appt that was never going to happen.

Hi, this is my first time writing in. I was banded OCT. OF 2006.I LOST 60 LBS. I have gained 10 lbs. which makes me feel realy bad. I have had problems with food. (vomiting).I find myself eating foods like ice cream and other things that go down with no problem. I need all the help I can get.

I have been on them for a week and a half now. I spoke with someone and she said there are submitting me for approval and I should here sometime this coming week about a date. I'm soo excited. I hope it will be this week I hear. I can't believe they don't call, and worse yet, ahve someone wait over 2 hours when the doc is in Cali. That is soo wrong.

I have been on them for a week and a half now. I spoke with someone and she said there are submitting me for approval and I should here sometime this coming week about a date. I'm soo excited. I hope it will be this week I hear. I can't believe they don't call, and worse yet, ahve someone wait over 2 hours when the doc is in Cali. That is soo wrong.

I'm suprised it's taking that long for Tufts. I called Melissa at PVS (she handles the insurance) - she submitted the paperwork that day and the next day she called me to tell me I was all set - that it was approved.

I spoke with Melissa agin today. She said my paperwork was probably on someone's desk at Tufts. She resent it again today. She said if I don't hear from her by Friday to give her a call back. So I'm sure I'll hear this week. I can't wait. :lol:

HI Bonnie,

Just saw your post. I'm also a miserable failure with the lapband!! I was banded 2 years ago this coming March. I've only lost 36lbs. I'm so discouraged. I don't know if the band isn't working for me or if I'm not working the band. I think I have forgotten how to use it and how to get back on track!

berry,

I'm not in your position, but I've certainly had a few rough months of ignoring my band. I know how hard this must be for you, but I strongly suggest you make two appointments---one for the nutritionist associated with your program, and the second with your surgeon. Be honest and tell them you need to start over. Ask their advice. They're there to help you. You can't work the band until you find out how to do so. You're not alone in this, and the more you isolate, the worse it will be. Reach out for help. If your program offers a support group (mine has been amazing and truly THE reason for my success during difficult times...) start there. Don't beat yourself up, but figure out how to fix the situation. Start when you're ready. It's there for you to use....but you have to be ready to use it. Good luck! :laugh:

I spoke with Melissa agin today. She said my paperwork was probably on someone's desk at Tufts. She resent it again today. She said if I don't hear from her by Friday to give her a call back. So I'm sure I'll hear this week. I can't wait. :)

Keep me posted - I'm curious as to what happens. I'm frustrated this week because my appetite has totally come back!!! My 2nd fill is next week.

I got my approval from Tufts on Wednesday and my dat today (Friday). My surgery is Feb. 6th!! I'm excited. How do you get the weight loss ticker? I've been to the ticker factory, set one up, but can't seem to get into my profile here? I must have tried everything. Except for obviously, what works. Lol I'm sure you'll start loosing again just fine. A friend of mine just had to hit the "right amount of fill". Now she is doing much better. Good luck.

I got my approval from Tufts on Wednesday and my dat today (Friday). My surgery is Feb. 6th!! I'm excited. How do you get the weight loss ticker? I've been to the ticker factory, set one up, but can't seem to get into my profile here? I must have tried everything. Except for obviously, what works. Lol I'm sure you'll start loosing again just fine. A friend of mine just had to hit the "right amount of fill". Now she is doing much better. Good luck.

Wow - that was fast for your date!!!! I was approved on 10/3 and my surgery was 11/19th. That was the earliest opening (don't forget - that was at Noble). They do not require a pre-op diet but make sure you do not gain any weight or they will not do the surgery. Either try to lose some or at least maintain your weight.

Wow - that was fast for your date!!!! I was approved on 10/3 and my surgery was 11/19th. That was the earliest opening (don't forget - that was at Noble). They do not require a pre-op diet but make sure you do not gain any weight or they will not do the surgery. Either try to lose some or at least maintain your weight.

As far as the ticker - someone had posted instructions, I had to print them and follow it - I can't remember how I did it.