Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't say that I miss a particular food, I do however get the urge to just take a big bite of something. The eating slow and small bites is so unnatural to me.

I feel the same way about food. it is simply fuel for my body. I eat because I have to. I think it's because the Protein Shakes still keep me feeling full all day.

I'm 2 1/2 weeks post-op, and can honestly say I have no cravings. While I am managing to get more than the minimum required Protein and Water every day (I average about 70 grams of Protein, and 80-100 oz water), I have absolutely no interest in ingesting anything. I have had no hunger, no desire for food, and "eating" (in quotes, because I'm still in the modified liquid stage) has become a chore. I suppose I should be thankful, because I know how all-consuming food (and the sensations that come with it) can be. Mostly, however, I just feel annoyed....because in 36 minutes (or whatever time frame I'm counting down) I'm going to have to drink yet another cup of high-protein something-or-other. LOL And, no...it isn't that I don't like the flavor of the high-protein products I'm using. In fact, I quite like the taste of everything I'm using. Its just the idea of putting something in my stomach...when I don't feel hungry.

Its my new love-hate relationship with food. LOL

I miss a few things.... popcorn at the movies' date=' milk and Cereal together, and Mac and cheese . But losing weight is more important then food![/quote']

I am going to the movies today and I'm packing my Jell-O! That's right. We must snack at the movies so I am not going to miss out lol. I think I will freeze it first

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am not able to digest greens I tried three times. I think its too early

Being a vegetarian these things are a staple in my diet.. Why would you NOT eat them??

My sleeve doesn't like it

There is not anything I miss. I used to eat a lot of fast food. I don't miss it AT ALL. Vegetables and greens are great! My sleeve tolerates anything and I still love food. Once in a while on special occasions I will have a few bites of cake, ice cream or pie. I have little bits of this and that so I really don't miss anything ... except:

Homemade macaroni and cheese - not the stuff made with the roux, but just layered macaroni with a mix of sharp cheddar and longhorn. Then pour in a little milk and bake until the top is browned and bubbly. Simple old farm food.

I used to eat this until I got sick and I think I would do the same now so I haven't made it. I have control over everything but this.

I loved carbs and fats -- breads of all kinds, pizza, Pasta, french fries, etc. I rarely crave these things anymore. I'm 16-weeks post op and can eat what I want but I seem to WANT lean Protein and, if there is room, veggies. However, I have also used alternatives to meet the needs if they arise -- I keep Eat-Rite Pizzas in my freezer which are high protein/low carb soy based pizzas that taste very good. I have low-carb Bagels and bread in the freezer. I have a supply of bariatricchoice.com foods in my pantry such as cheesy-mac pasta, choco-lite candy bars, biscotti Cookies and a few other things so that mentally I know I can capture the flavor when/if I am craving it. If out and about and I smell pizza, I think "I can have that when I get home." Most times, I don't have it when I get home, but just having that safety net has kept me on track.

I miss taking big gulps of Water when I'm thirsty- seriously- I could never see food again and be super happy - it's a real pain in my A$$ now honestly. I can't believe I let it control my life for 36 years! Never again

I miss chips and hot sauce when we go out to eat. It's hard to just sit there :)

I miss bbq ribs, Pasta salad, oxtails, fried fish and anything made with mayo like egg or potato salad

Crave - not much. So far anything I choose to eat from pre-op I can still eat.

Miss - chugging drinks, and my rare can of Fresca.

now that we have all got the surgery what is it that you crave the most and miss the most

Someone on here said it, for me I do not feel deprived or really miss anything...I feel as long as I am accountable for it, make the choice I can have it. Maybe not as much, or as often.

I can say, recently when going out on a date with hubby, I do miss a glass of wine WITH my meal, but instead I will drink it BEFORE my meal comes to the table and all is well (I have had 2 glasses of wine on two seperate occasions since surgery 11/1/11).

I miss bbq ribs, Pasta salad, oxtails, fried fish and anything made with mayo like egg or potato salad

I still eat ribs, granted I can only hold one, but if I want it, I eat it. As for potato or egg salad, I have them too; but if you are worried about the fat and calories, make them with fat free Miracle Whip in place of regular Mayo. fat free MW has 15 cals. per Tbsp. versus the 90 cals. in one Tbsp. of regular mayo. Happy eating :)