Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

O U C H... Sympathy please!

Absolutely right Delarla!!! this could of happened anywhere, and I'm sure Dr Lopez is not the only doctor who has problems with his ports. Like you said , I'm sure Dr Ortiz has had this problem (as well as many others)

Glad to hear Dr Lopez finally contacted you and that you will be seen on Saturday, I'm sure it is a huge relief for you. My offer still stands if you need a place to saty on Friday night on your way through to Mexico. You will be in my thoughts

Michelle

Dr. Ortiz

265/238/160ish

Hey Lisa -

I sent you my phone numbers. I'm still at work. Maybe we can meet up Friday night when you get in? I don't know when you have to stop eating for your surgery, but probably nothing after 9pm, I think that's what I was told for my original surgery.

I can't believe they have to remove your port!! This so totally sucks. The good news is they'll probably give you a fill first, then, since you won't be able to get one without a port. Make sure you ask them.

Chin up, girl.... :D

Parrots???? Oh man... now that's a quiet pet for sure! I live in fur filled and farm fresh barn as well... two dogs and three cats... and as god as my witness Louise... NO MORE ANIMALS!!!! Come on girl... Brad awaits with his boots on!

Thelma

I can't afford another surgery so I'm going to live with a tube sticking out of me. We can name it. Sad part is I'm not even kidding. I can't believe the bank gave me the credit for the band itself.

Donali, how come you got a port revision and he wants to remove mine and replace it at another time? Why doesn't he just staple or sew it down, or revise it and let me go? And am I going to have another long recovery? Is port revision as bad as the surgery? And I already talked to him about getting a fill first. He said "Litha, joo come cheer to Tijuana and wee feex joo right weed 2 surgeries and geeve joo fill before we takey out choo port."

Yes, Parrots. That's plural. I earned today's Valium.

lol - Lisa, I can so hear his voice when you do that!

I didn't have to have my port removed, because it wasn't infected. I'm a little surprised that he is sure your port needs to be removed without looking at it, but that may be SOP when there is an infection near/around the port. If it becomes contaminated, it can be near impossible to clear up. Don't ask me why the same problem doesn't apply to the tubing, which is also right there. Something to ask him.

:D:( :( :(

Oh, and no, port revision surgery is not as bad as the whole band surgery. At least I didn't think it was. I had the revision on Saturday, back to work Monday. Don't recall any kind of recuperating time, just the damn leaking thing.

What's a good name for your tubing? The Albino Eel? Al-EE for short? :D I know, not funny.

What are we going to do with you? :(

I'm sure you've asked all the questions like: why can't he just put in a new port at a different location?

I'm sure feeling for you. Hang in there girl

seems like you've been having a complete nightmare Lisa - hope everything turns out ok - thinking of you xx

I hate to be the dummy on the block. But what is the surgeon planning on doing? Is he replacing the whole lapband? Did you say you're going to need a third surgery? I know you can't be certain until he actually sees you.

Hi Lisa,

Although the news isn't great, I'm so glad you finally got a hold of Lopez. My thought on your port is similar to Donali and Vera, that he is going to remove the infected port and part of the tubing and replace it with a new port in a new location. We have done that a couple of times at the hospital I work at for infected ports. Usually they do a laparoscopy to make sure the band is OK and then bring the tube up through an incision in a different area. Then they clean up the old port site and then depending on whether there is still infection in the area they either close it or pack it like they have been doing the last couple of days. Maybe you should ask about getting a fill at the same time. If they aren't worried about the band and you're stomach has healed well around the band, there shouldn't be a reason why they can't.:D:( :( What are they doing for your infected site till Saturday? How are they protecting the tubing? Just curious....... Keep your chin up, easy for me to say, and remember we are all praying for you! Drive careful and let Dr. Lopez have it when you get there!!!!

Sorry, Lisa went over the edge and is now wearing a straight jacket banging her head against the rubber walls so she can't respond.

She's going to Tijuana this week. Doc said they have to remove the port if there's any infection. Then wait till better. Then another surgery to replace port in different area. If there's no infection, maybe he can do a local and just reposition band. Doc won't know till he sees the boo-boo.

I gave Nora another chance and called asking how much hospital would charge. She promised to call right back. She didn't.

Never felt so exhausted in my life. What a day. You guys rock for putting up with us. And yes, she's talking in 3rd person. Coo-coo, coo-coo.

I wish I knew what to say!! But I don't and I know you will do fine. But I truly wish I could kick Lopez's butt. Maybe if you put a bull's eye there (his website?) I could pretend that I indeed had. Let him know from all of those affected that he needs to understand how disheartening it is to know there is no one to help when you need it! No........you ROCK Lisa.