Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm five Weeks out with 26 lost...my doc said that is perfect. I stay motivated by not gaining lol scale moves slow but I look at it as slower you lose the less extra skin!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using VST

Just curious-how often do you weigh yourself? My nut said I'm not a slow loser but a normal loser-whatever that means! Lol

Just curious-how often do you weigh yourself? My nut said I'm not a slow loser but a normal loser-whatever that means! Lol

Once every two Weeks sometimes once a week.

HalfTheWoman: I was sleeved on the same day you were. I lost 10lbs on pre-op liquids. I have lost 17 post op. I lose one or two lbs then stall. It's driving me crazy. I'm trying to get 64 oz of Water and usually meet my Protein needs of 55-75 grams. I just started exercising by walking an hour a day. I would be happy with 15 lbs down each month but it looks like I will do about 5-8 l s each month at the rate I'm going.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

You don't seem to be losing that slow to me. You seem to be doing very well! I would also like to lose 15lbs a month but right now I am averaging about 2.5 lbs a week...so I will take 10 lbs a month. I mean...really I will take what I can get. It is frustrating to do all the things we are suppose to do and lose so slow when other lose soooo fast. I have always been a slow loser! Just happy to be a loser now!

Thank you for this post. It took me a long time to accept that I was a slower loser. It has taken me 18 months to reach my goal of losing 80lbs, and I couldn't be happier. I know I would have never lost that much in that amount of time without my sleeve. I have lost around the 80lbs mark before, but it took grueling works outs and strict dieting to the point to exhaustion. With my sleeve as a tool, I am able to watch what I eat and live an active lifestyle but not feel deprived!

I know it is not easy, but try not to compare to others. Everyone loses at different rates, some people have more to lose and drop a lot more in the beginning than others (I know someone who has lost over 200lbs in the same amount of time that I have lost 80, but she still weighs more than I did when I started for example).

This is your journey, so take the time to Celebrate your own victories and successes because they are yours and no one else's!

this post is amazing! THANK you!! Look at all your hard work and dedication and it has paid off! People please look at all of the sleeve studies. The most excess weight loss occurs by 18-24 months post op. Not everyone reaches goal in 6 months! If you look at the vertical sleeve gastrectomy studies all over the web--you will see what I'm talking about. Persistence and patience is key. It's a lifestyle change with the sleeve as a tool--so if it takes a little longer to come off, that's ok! Supersweetums, I applaud you! You stuck it out and never gave up. We can all learn a lot from you!!

this post is amazing! THANK you!! Look at all your hard work and dedication and it has paid off! People please look at all of the sleeve studies. The most excess weight loss occurs by 18-24 months post op. Not everyone reaches goal in 6 months! If you look at the vertical sleeve gastrectomy studies all over the web--you will see what I'm talking about. Persistence and patience is key. It's a lifestyle change with the sleeve as a tool--so if it takes a little longer to come off, that's ok! Supersweetums, I applaud you! You stuck it out and never gave up. We can all learn a lot from you!!

I am flattered. Thank you very much! That is exactly how I felt going in and still do today. I did make many changes and eat healthy, but in a way that I can maintain and live with.

I'm two weeks post-op and will probably be a slow loser - always have been. I'm fine with that, I'm sure it's better skin-wise, plus won't put as much stress on the heart. I'm wondering, though, does losing slower prevent Hair loss issues?

I'm two weeks post-op and will probably be a slow loser - always have been. I'm fine with that' date=' I'm sure it's better skin-wise, plus won't put as much stress on the heart. I'm wondering, though, does losing slower prevent hair loss issues?[/quote']

I hope so! Lol

I am the slowest loser ever, lol, and have never once had problems with hair loss.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I'm a slow loser too.. Week 6 today and down 31lbs, 20 of which I lost the first 2 weeks... I wouldn't mind so much but I have never been a slow loser before, Weight Watchers I would lose 5-7lbs a week and I did the Hcg diet and lost 35lbs in 40 days anytime I set my mind to a diet I lost easily, just could never stay motivated and keep it off... I have 160lbs to lose so thought I'd lose lots at first, but my dr reassured me I'm doing great and 1-2 lbs a week is what he'd like to see.

I am 4 weeks out, and still stuck on a dismal 12lb weight loss! I will admit to being sooo jealous of those who post about losing 90 lbs in a few months! I haven't cheated, nor have I had any real food cravings. I have realized that I am not getting in enough calories (go figure!?) and I need more Protein. I began a fitness program today, and committed to drinking more shakes, and eating properly. I am hoping these intense workouts will help in the weight loss. In short, I do know everything the original poster said is true and I just need to be patient...never one of my better qualities...

I am almost 5 months post op and was averaging 8 lbs per month for a few months and then all of a sudden I dropped 11 lbs in 3 weeks. It was crazy! I'm back to losing at a slower rate and would be ecstatic with 8 lbs per month. I guess my point is that you never know what your body will or can do; quick loss, slow loss, stalls, no stalls we are all so different and every journey is like a fingerprint (unique to each of us). It's easy to get down, but if you just stick with it crazy things can happen, like just living again!

Congrats to everyone for every ounce and sticking to your journey. Hugs!

Slow Losers please don't go away. You give me the courage to keep working my plan. I am five weeks and 15 lbs and have felt like such a failure. Please keep posting. I need to stay encouraged by all of you and hope I can help you. Hurray to us slowbies!

I can relate. Although, I have to say, I do fit into a pair of jeans that were T*I*G*H*T before surgery, and I can actually close them now! So, I guess I am happy with inches lost. Also, I can actually feel a collar bone emerging...HIP, HIP, HOORAY!

Hang in there everyone! It will happen. I posted originally on June 14th, so 6 weeks ago, I am 20 months post op now, and still losing a little and below my goal now without making any changes. Take the first 6 months to change your habits and develop new ones and you will set yourself up for success. The weight does slow down after 6 months, so do not get discouraged. I lost my first about 55lbs in the first 6 months, and it has taken 14 more months to lose another 30 lbs. But it came off! And sleeved&hopeful is right, studies show that sleeve patients continue to lose for up to 2 years after surgery, and I can attest to that! Good luck everyone!

This post made me feel so good. I am a slow loser too. My surgery was 4/2/12 and I have only lost 40 lbs. I workout every day and I know I am eating the right amount of Protein. I track everything on My Fitness Pal. Still the pounds are not dropping off of me. The good news is I am not having any Hair loss issues. I know my body is fighting to hang on to the weight which just confirms to me that I would not have lost these pounds without surgery. I saw the doctor last week and he said my weight loss was right on track. Still it is so helpful to read that others are in the same boat as me. Thanks again for sharing your story.

Have any of you guys had your metabolism tested? I've had mine done a couple of times pre-VSG because no matter what I did, it was impossible to lose weight. To lose, I would need to keep my calories between 800-1000 per day, which is why VSG seemed to be a good fit for me. Metabolic endocrinologists can do the testing in office, and it's as easy as relaxing and breathing into a tube. Really opened my eyes as to what was going on with my ridiculously slow metabolism and made me readjust my weight loss expectations.