Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GREAT post!! It is always so very comforting to know that you're not the only one in the self-described "slow loser" category. Your post really shed some sunshine on my day and will help me in the times that I'm feeling down about not seeing a loss on the scale. Thank you and God bless!!

I say "Hoorray" for all of us. We are more than what we weigh. The weight will go when it goes but we still have to Love ourselves in every stage of our life (or size) or what will this whole journey be worth.

Be Blessed Everyone!

I think this statement really sums it up. We all have to be happy where we are at the moment. We all made decisions to get healthier not watch the scale go down. Remember that it is just a tool. How you feel and look should be so much more important

Today is my 6 month surgiversary. I am close to my goal and the doctor told me last month that the closer you get to your goal, your body goes into attack mode and fights back at you and tries to keep you at the same weight. He said you must do the endurance training on the treadmill and keep calories and carbs down so your body will know you are not done losing! I am only 7 lbs. from his goal for me and 13 lbs. from my own goal so upstairs I go right now for my treadmill workout! Just remember, without this surgery, you probably wouldn't have lost half the weight on your own that you already have lost. The good outweighs the bad, and you are on your way. Just may take a little longer than someone else. Don't get discouraged and just feel fortunate you have had this opportunity to become a much healthier person!

Slow is good, it gives your body a chance to catch you and your skin to snap back. I lost 60 lbs over nine months and all I got is my stretch mark being more shiny. Be happy that y'all are slow losers.

I think this statement really sums it up. We all have to be happy where we are at the moment. We all made decisions to get healthier not watch the scale go down. Remember that it is just a tool. How you feel and look should be so much more important

Amen! Your Absolutely Right! ;)

Thank you for this post. It took me a long time to accept that I was a slower loser. It has taken me 18 months to reach my goal of losing 80lbs, and I couldn't be happier. I know I would have never lost that much in that amount of time without my sleeve. I have lost around the 80lbs mark before, but it took grueling works outs and strict dieting to the point to exhaustion. With my sleeve as a tool, I am able to watch what I eat and live an active lifestyle but not feel deprived!

I know it is not easy, but try not to compare to others. Everyone loses at different rates, some people have more to lose and drop a lot more in the beginning than others (I know someone who has lost over 200lbs in the same amount of time that I have lost 80, but she still weighs more than I did when I started for example).

This is your journey, so take the time to Celebrate your own victories and successes because they are yours and no one else's!

I'm slow loser too but, I'll take my slow a$$ 1 lb per week over no loss. My hair is thining a lot. Would it be worse if I lost more weight or faster? Who knows? No problems hiding the fact I had surgery though. No one has notice I've lost weight yet.

I'm sorry no one has noticed. If you got used to wearing baggy clothes it can make it hard to tell for others until your clothes are falling off you. The bigger I got, the more I hid from people so now that I have dropped the quitting smoking weight, I am seeing those people more often again. To them, I haven't changed at all. However, the other day I ran into some people that I saw literally the week before surgery and they had some wonderful comments. Hang in there, sometimes we keep the weight and just manage to re proportion. Keep up the good work. There is no way YOU haven't noticed your success yet right? You are all that matters!

Just out of curiosity, how are you doing with your Protein intake? Do you take Biotin or any other supplements?

Thank you for your post. I know that this is my journey, and at times the worst thing to do is compare your own weight loss to someone elses, but yes, at times I do get discouraged that I am such a slow loser....but like you, when I really think about it and look at myself now as opposed to last summer, I am proud of myself, and I do feel better, and I have not given up - I am staying the course. My old clothes no longer fit, and I can slide right into a booth in a restaurant, I can see my slimmer face and neck, where before, I did not look like myself. I am halfway to my goal - and losing slowly, sometimes only a pound here and there, is how my body loses weight. I refuse to do some crazy starvation diet - I am trying to get healthy here, and I am getting healthier, everyday!

I am kinda happy now that there are other people like me "slow losers". I am 6 weeks out my band to sleeve revision and i only lost 15 lb while others lost 15-20 lb in first 2 weeks. This morning I was thinking what if I couldn't loose with the sleeve too and that feeling horrified me until I read this thread. This site really gives me motivation to stay focus and be positive. Thanks every one

I am so glad that Im not the only person on the slow train!

Thanks LadyIvy. I usually get at least 80 g of Protein and about 800 cals. I keep carbs very low exercise 5-6 days a wk at least an hour. I've always been a slow loser. My body just doesn't like to give ir up. I do have hypothyroid and am a revision too. I started taking Biotin a few wks before surgery & still am. My eye lashes are longer. I love that. My thinning hair isnt in clumps but its been steady since about a week after surgery. I used to never be able to see my scalp. I dont think its,as bad as some ppl but its drastic for me. I dont regret the sleeve. The steady turtle wins the race eventually. We're ALL winners!

Great post! If most of us average our weightloss by the month,,we will see how great our numbers are. I'm 5 1/2 months out and have lost a little over 60 pounds, that's more than 10 pounds a month! I don't think I could've lost this much without surgery. I did beat myself up for a while because I didn't think I was losing fast enough but many have told me how great I'm doing. Even though I am taking my Biotin and getting in my Protein, I am having problems with my hair but everything else is coming right along. It's not a race but if it was.. I'm a tortoise..lol

Thanks LadyIvy. I usually get at least 80 g of Protein and about 800 cals. I keep carbs very low exercise 5-6 days a wk at least an hour. I've always been a slow loser. My body just doesn't like to give ir up. I do have hypothyroid and am a revision too. I started taking Biotin a few wks before surgery & still am. My eye lashes are longer. I love that. My thinning hair isnt in clumps but its been steady since about a week after surgery. I used to never be able to see my scalp. I dont think its,as bad as some ppl but its drastic for me. I dont regret the sleeve. The steady turtle wins the race eventually. We're ALL winners!

We posted at the same time..we made comments about our hair and both gave reference to the tortoise..lol

This really was a great thread. The one thing LadyIvy said that stood out was once was a lb is lost we never see it again. I have dieted so much and so many times dropped below the 200 mark. I am now at 192 and so happy I will never see 200 again. I'm just getting started!! Whoot Whoot!

Maybe you are all not on the slow train. maybe a few others are just on a speeding train!