Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Oz 6/11/12 - "90 V 10" Eating Plan. Really !?

I'm home this week and watched Dr. Oz . He had a guest, Dr. Joel Furhman, who says that anyone can lose massive amounts of weight by just eating 90% "nutrient rich foods" (dark green, and all other non-starchy vegetables, berries, nuts, onions (?), and mushrooms (?)). There were several women guests who had followed his regimen - one lost 210 lbs, another 95, and I can't recall what the last one lost but they all looked amazing. Thing is... I'm torn! I'm upset that I don't get to try yet another diet (gosh, it REALLY looks like it would work and it seems so healthy) but on the other hand I am ecstatic that I DON'T get to try yet another diet!! hehehe ok, I'm feeling a little woozy

Come to think of it, I HAVE tried this diet and I DIDN'T lose any weight let alone massive amounts of weight. Oh, yeah, ok I remember now - I had to have 85% of my stomach removed to force me to not eat too much and THAT is why I am going to lose massive amounts of weight ;-)

This reality check is now concluded.

*beep*

I read an article the other day about a lady who lost a bunch of weight by limiting herself to 800 calories a day. The article said after she had lost some of it her doctors suggested the sleeve, but she didn't do it. She just kept limiting her calories & working out.

I thought for a split second "gee, maybe I could've done that" and then I remembered all my failed attempts at losing in the past and limiting my calories. It was hard enough limiting myself to 1500 or 1200 and neither of those lasted very long! There's no way with where my mind and addiction and body was that I would be able to limit myself this much without surgery. If I could have, I would have.

I'm happy with my decision & there's no going back at this point, but I think it's only natural to have those kinds of thoughts when we see stories about people having success other ways. I know I did what I had to for me though & I don't regret it at all!!

I love watching Dr. Oz, but sometimes he has guests that present these diets that are a bit on the strange side. I think he really enjoys presenting alternative medicine and tries to make people believe that they can lose weight and keep it off when, in actuality, it is very difficult to maintain a large amount of weight loss as we all know. I mean you would have to eat that 90%/10% way for life, and I think that would be next to impossible to do for most people. Loved your reality check. Thank you, Lord, for my sleeve.

I'm home this week and watched Dr. Oz . He had a guest, Dr. Joel Furhman, who says that anyone can lose massive amounts of weight by just eating 90% "nutrient rich foods" (dark green, and all other non-starchy vegetables, berries, nuts, onions (?), and mushrooms (?)). There were several women guests who had followed his regimen - one lost 210 lbs, another 95, and I can't recall what the last one lost but they all looked amazing. Thing is... I'm torn! I'm upset that I don't get to try yet another diet (gosh, it REALLY looks like it would work and it seems so healthy) but on the other hand I am ecstatic that I DON'T get to try yet another diet!! hehehe ok, I'm feeling a little woozy

Come to think of it, I HAVE tried this diet and I DIDN'T lose any weight let alone massive amounts of weight. Oh, yeah, ok I remember now - I had to have 85% of my stomach removed to force me to not eat too much and THAT is why I am going to lose massive amounts of weight ;-)

This reality check is now concluded.

*beep*

OMG, I literally LOL when I read this!

You all are right and I feel so much calmer as I read posts like all of yours.

LOL! I, too, find myself contemplating crazy diets to speed things up. And then I know I don't need to. What a relief!