Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Change Of Heart No Lap Band I Will Be.....drum Roll Plzzz...........sleeved Soon!

Just want to tell a little bit of what i'm going through I have been going thru this obese cycle 20 yrs or more its just gotten worst and I need HELP I am a type 2 diabetic that can sometimes get out of control just found out I just had some high cholesterol readings & high triglycerides as well....So to make a long story short this is not the surgery I had officially planned on going for I been pro lapband and even stood strong on my decision to get the lapband until my best friend REDBOTTOMS82 had told me to look deeper into the complications of the lapband because we both were going for it but, she changed her mind a few times before deciding she was going for the sleeve (which she just had done on 06/05/12 yesterday congrats to my bff) I was so scared because they have to cut so much of your stomach and its not reversible but, I did alot of researching and found that it is a little safer than the rest of the surgery's. THe lapband has so many underlying complications that you would never know about unless you did the research and actually heard & seen various stories about the ppl who switched from the band to the sleeve I only want one weight loss surgery if I have anything to do with it... I dont want to have go thru the pain & discomfort for something that wont work or actually cause more health issues than I started with! I'm just gonna have faith in the sleeve & of course I got God on my side which is all I need but, I also have a strong support team I will be fine I had a c-section i'm just hoping it's not as bad as that..... I did everything I need to do followed every step that needed to be followed I have my last couple of appts to go to medical on the 12th psych on the 13th and then I meet with the surgeon again to get my surgery date I'm so excited I cant wait not only for the surgery but, for the lifestyle change and to feel better physically my health is not the best due to being obese & I need to be HEALTHY to stay around for my lil girl STAY AROUND PERIOD!!!!

I agree with you about the sleeve. I was pro lap band also but did the research and changed my mind. About it now being as bad as a c-section, I heard its like having your gallbladder out. I have had 4 c-sections and my gallbladder out and the c-sections were a walk in the park compared to my gallbladder surgery. So just prepare yourself. Thats what I'm doing. I have my surgery date for June 25th starting my pre op diet on Monday.. Good Luck with your surgery and weight loss ~~

I agree with you about the sleeve. I was pro lap band also but did the research and changed my mind. About it now being as bad as a c-section, I heard its like having your gallbladder out. I have had 4 c-sections and my gallbladder out and the c-sections were a walk in the park compared to my gallbladder surgery. So just prepare yourself. Thats what I'm doing. I have my surgery date for June 25th starting my pre op diet on Monday.. Good Luck with your surgery and weight loss ~~

I can only imagine but, I'm not gonna let it deter me from my decision I will have to be prepared if I want this change... congrats on your date & good luck with your pre op & post op :)

Thanks you too :)

Thank U

I hope it's like having your gallbladder removed. That was incredibly easy for me, no pain at all-I just couldn't believe it! My surgery is on 8-6-12, assuming my insurance approves it.

I hope it's like having your gallbladder removed. That was incredibly easy for me, no pain at all-I just couldn't believe it! My surgery is on 8-6-12, assuming my insurance approves it.

I hate pain so I would love for it to be pain-free Congrats on your surgery date...

We are in the same boat! I was pro lap band and went through all my pre op testing thinking: lap band.. I didnt want my stomach cut! After lots of research, i think we both made the right decision!! Im excited about the upcomming surgery, and changes in my life..as a SLEEVER!!

We are in the same boat! I was pro lap band and went through all my pre op testing thinking: lap band.. I didnt want my stomach cut! After lots of research, i think we both made the right decision!! Im excited about the upcomming surgery, and changes in my life..as a SLEEVER!!

We are in the same boat! I was pro lap band and went through all my pre op testing thinking: lap band.. I didnt want my stomach cut! After lots of research' date=' i think we both made the right decision!! Im excited about the upcomming surgery, and changes in my life..as a SLEEVER!![/quote']

Yes I feel the same way it is the right decision I'm excited and def can't wait for this change good luck on ur surgery and weight loss

I was planning on having Lap band as well. My surgeon suggested that I research the sleeve, since the bypass wasn't an option. I have Type II diabetes, so I think that this is the best solution for me.

FYI-I just started the pre-op diet on Tuesday...smh! My surgery is scheduled for June 19th. Take care and good luck.

Congrats on your decision!! I wanted lapband at first to but am so glad I choose the SLEEVE!!! Best decision of my life!!!

Best of luck on your journey to health and happiness!!!

I think you've made a very wise decision. I too considered the lap-band & had saved up for it for over a year. While I was saving I started to notice a lot of people talking about revisions, and when the surgeons started offering "band to sleeve" standard pricing, that told me this was happening WAY to much. Then I read somewhere that the lap band has a 60% success rate...... What? O.o that means that 40% of then either fail or don't provide adequate weight loss.

I had my sleeve done 15 days ago & I can say I absolutely believe I made the right decision & so are you.

I was planning on having Lap band as well. My surgeon suggested that I research the sleeve' date=' since the bypass wasn't an option. I have Type II diabetes, so I think that this is the best solution for me.

FYI-I just started the pre-op diet on Tuesday...smh! My surgery is scheduled for June 19th. Take care and good luck.[/quote']

Yes seems as if there are alot of people changing their minds about the Lap band thank u & Good luck on your surgery & weight loss journey

Congrats on your decision!! I wanted lapband at first to but am so glad I choose the SLEEVE!!! Best decision of my life!!!

Best of luck on your journey to health and happiness!!!

Thank you! You look good congrats how long have u had the sleeve?