Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yoda's Jedi Journals (aka Yoda's Yammerin's)

Alrighty then. To Celebrate my one year bandiversary (21 Apr 07) and to quell the previous demands for photos, I have relented and here ya'll go (for those who are interested!). :phanvan

The "before" was taken around Dec 2004. I may have been about 10-15 lbs heavier at my heaviest but alas, there are very few photos of me around that timeframe and later (gee, I wonder why?!! - I'm sure many of you can relate!). :bandit

The "after" was taken the first week of Apr 2007 (about 2 weeks shy of my one year mark). :(

(& yes, that is Mr Yoda in the "before" photo with me....we look like twins, eh??) :paranoid :heh:

post-207248-13813134949198_thumb.jpg

post-207248-13813134949469_thumb.jpg

It sounds like you were done at the hospital, not the TLBC clinic, eh? What kind of pain meds did they send you home with? Demerol or Tylenol 3s? How are you feeling post-op?

Lots of questions, eh? And lots of congratulations to you from Green!!!!:) :) :)

Nope, I was done at the TLBC clinic but had to spend the night due to sleep apnea (I knew this in advance). I actually liked doing so, as I was completely hydrated all through the night (what with the IV etc) and I got a few shots of demerol (I think the nite nurse just used that as an excuse to feel my bum!).:heh:

They sent me home with Demerol :clap2: , so not feeling too badly right now. :nervous Mrs Yoda makes sure I take it on schedule whether I feel pain or not! (I think she is just trying to keep me drugged up for some reason...hmmmmmm) :(

I am having a shower before bed tonight so can't wait for that! Incisions are ITCHY but I'm coping. Meds make me sleeeepy :bored but I'm coping. My bruising isn't too bad at all. I did develop a rash across the upper part of my stomach on my first night home (Sat) but it was gone by Sun.

Overall, I'm as well as can be expected. I'm not dizzy, I'm not too weak (I'm keeping realllly hydrated), I'm relatively slow but okay. One of the post-operative support coords (Maral) called me yesterday (on Sunday no less!) to see how I was doing; I thought that was a nice touch and went above and beyond! Good on TLBC.

I'm realllllly looking forward to Thurs when I can have full fluids...Yogurt HERE I COME ... aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh not more yogurt!!!!!! :embarassed: :mad: On second thought, creme Soup HERE I COME!!!!! :)

Awesome job Yoda you look great (weight wise)> Keep it up. What size of clothes are you .?It won't be long for you Mr Yoda,

Oh man, that's an awesome picture(s)! You look great, Yoda! Especially the face... and your neck is so much longer and thin! :(

Awesome job Yoda you look great (weight wise)> Keep it up. What size of clothes are you .?It won't be long for you Mr Yoda,

Thanks Loriely. I am a size 16 in pants though I'm still wearing some of my 18s (it's hard to part with my new "faves"). I have become very good friends with my belts....although Mr Yoda has had to punch several new holes in them and cut off the ends to shorten them - they were wrapping half way around me!. The other day I bought shorts...size "Large" (which freaked me out!). As for tops....it varies....depending sometimes still a 1X...other times an XL or L....

I am now in Men's medium T-shirts though (which also freaked me out!) LOL If I can eventually get to a size 12, I will feel I've "made it" but that may be unrealistic for me and my structure....I honestly think I'll be happy in a size 14. At my heaviest I was in size 26 pants (that were too tight in some instances & probably should have been a 28!). I've come a loooong way baaaaaby!!! (I keep having to remind myself!).

So Loriely....when will we see some before/afters of you?? Hmmmmmm????

Oh man, that's an awesome picture(s)! You look great, Yoda! Especially the face... and your neck is so much longer and thin! :mad:

LOL ummm, yeah Mandi...I find the biggest difference is in my face too!!! (Smartass!!!):(

DUDE! If I can wear 12's, ANYone can! (and at 175!?) I think you'll be surprised when you reach the size 12's and beyond! How tall are you?

Oh Yoda

Congratulations!!! what a transformation. And you are such a funky dresser!

Mandi....I am 5'5". (but I have reallllly short legs!). (freakishly so, but thankfully they reach the ground! - this isn't even a "Yoda" joke...I really do have short legs!) LOL

Thanks Lila....yeah, I'm usually a lil' on the funky side...it is my rebellious nature in me coming out!! (Of course it is much more fun dressing "funky" in smaller sizes now).

You should SEE the shoes I recently got.....I'll take a photo one day and show 'em!! Lets just say I would completley fit in during TO's annual "Carabana"!!!! :(

Mr Loriely said some face cream you could use! Maybe i will post for my 1 year in July. Good job. It does feel good to be a little smaller.

LOL @ Loriely, Mr Loriely, & Susansilver!! Thanks for the chuckle. It's very late and I'm up with Mr Yoda for a pain pill and walk (a good caretaker, am I!) and checked on here briefly. You're all too funny....."ears pinned", "face cream"!!! Hyuck Hyuck!!!

When 900 years old you reach, look as good, you will not.

-- Yoda

You really look terrific, Yoda, but your skin could do with some moisturizer. :faint: What a change between the before and after photos!;) And you, Mr Yoda, will soon be joining Mrs Yoda with your own thin new look. Men lose weight so much faster than we do! Nice that you got the Demerol!:P I used my left-overs for going to the dentist; I have very sensitive teeth. Boy, did I ever enjoy going to the dentist!:rolleyes

Great pictures Yodas. I cant wait to see a couples before & after. Maybe in the new ones you could smile though. God, do you Jedi masters have to be so damn solemn? :biggrin1:

Great work.

Andrew