Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill Questions

I am on week four post op. They scheduled me for my first fill next monday. My doc said he would put in 1 cc then I could get fills every week to find that sweet spot. I bet if you called your doctors office they would answer all those questions for you. I absolutely love the surgery center where I got my surgery done at. The doc even gave me his cell phone and told me if I had ANY question, no matter what time of night, just call him up. I thought that was pretty great.

I had my surgery on July 10, 2006 and had my first fill at 5 weeks, 1.50 and then my doctor only made me wait for 2 weeks for my 2nd fill which was .75, putting me at 2.25. I have the inamed, low profile, 9.75cm band that holds 4ccs. I lost 40 pounds but right now I can eat anything, bread, pizza, steak, you name it. I am still losing but going back this week for a little more fill. I don't think I need much, just a little to top it off. I probably will just get .5cc. My doctor charges 150.00 and uses fluro. He makes you wait 2 weeks from your 1st to your 2nd fill and then 1 month in between fills after that.

Question, I live in Searcy,Ar, and i got my lap-band july 22nd,2006 :phanvan , I need a fill, does anyone know any Dr's close i can go to, That will take me, I got my lap-band done by Dr, Jose Rodriques in Mexico. can anyone help me out with info ? :help:

Ha I got my surgery done July 22nd,2006. And my port is two finger's width above my Navel. I can fill my port very easly. thats where my surgeon put mind. i havent got a fill yet, but, i cant find a Dr yet, looking. I live in Searcy Ar, So if you know a Dr let me know...Thanks ....Virginia:)

Hello everyone

i'm 17 years old and i was banded on Sept. 1, as of today i've only lost 14 pounds! I go in for my first fill on Monday. And i workouot 5-6 times a week and weight still isn't coming off! and i seem to not get full off of that small amounts of food! is it normal to be on a plateau? can anyone relate? will i be more restricted after the fill?

ahhh!

benfon,

I know how you feel. If my surgeon spent more than 2 min. with me at my check up that was it. there are 2 surgeons in the office where I go but they are both the hospitals trauma surgeons also so it's zip in and zip out I think it's a good way for them to make money and they can do these surgerys fast. I had my surgery July 18th 2005 and have never actually seen my surgeon ever again since my post op 2 min visit.I have had several fills and unfills from the other surgeon (who also zips in and out) the best care I get is from the nurse practioner. I request her every time I go in for fills or unfills she is busy but takes the time to explain everything.she also brings in the dietician with her. I also keep a journal of all the food I put in my mouth and show them when I go in and that way they know if there is a problem or if I need a fill. I started this because I had some problems for a few months and had to be totaly unfilled and have just started my refills. check with the surgeons office most places have fills or unfills for a year after surgery free. mine is free for a life time.:clap2: and belive me I'm glad because I have been there alot since january. good luck to you I think your on the right track. cynthia :clap2:

I'm new and this is my first post, but I have been ravished this week! My first fill was September 13, 2006, but I have been starving and gaining weight. Where is the thread that explains this terrible phenomenon? Since I started losing weight (before surgery), I have lost 42 pounds, but it is scary to start gaining again.

Hello,

I had surgery sept. 1 and my first fill Monday, oct. 1. I was on liquids monday-wed. (yesterday) and I'm SUPPOSED to start mushies today. Yesterday evening i had a small spoonful of humus and I think it got stuck. I'm VERY sore and i woke up this morning and it was hard to swallow Water. My fill is only 2.1 CC. Can anyone relate? Is everything just irritated? Should i stay on liquids? ahh! I don't know what to do!

ashley,

call your doctor!!! he might want you to go back to liquids. that happened to me and I just went back to liquids for a day or two. but did end up going back in for a slight unfill. they found that instead of me having 2.8cc's in my band I had 3.1. I did ok on the liquids but I could never progress. In the long run you will start gaining wt because your eating the wrong things just to get something in.(I did milkshakes and such) you need to be able to follow the diet to have long term wt loss.

I lost about 6 months of wt loss because I did not call when I should have and thought I knew best. I had fills and unfills during this time and all the time never let myself heal. This all started in Jan. and in august I finally had to have all of my fill removed to let my stomach heal. I suffered with sever heartburn with every bite I took. I did gain 5lbs back during the month of being unfilled and I worked very hard at working out and watching what I ate and belive me I just had 2cc's put back and I am happy to have some restriction again. from now on I will call my doctor at any sign of problems and follow his advise. if I were you I would call him

cynthia

Hi, I too was banded on 7/27. I feel awful that your surgeon isn't very empathetic or caring, it does make all the difference. I've called my surgeons office over every little thing and they don't mind at all. I would suggest if your a self pay, you might find an alternate office to have your fills done. I understand they might be "included" in your surgery price, but if your unhappy and don't feel like you can ask questions or feel comfortable, it might be worth some cost to find somewhere your comfortable. I'm having my first fill today and can't wait. I have lost about 37 lbs since surgery but the past week, I can tell all the swelling is gone and I'm hungry....desparately need a fill before I overeat and gain. Hope some of this helps. Talk with you again I hope. Take care.

I wish my surgeon would even give me the time of day. Had I known the complete lack of attention (from the surgeon) was going to be like it has been then I probably would have gone to another surgeon. He is not available...I should say his staff is available. He has not been present with the exeption of the FREE seminar. Im not bitter about the band but I am feeling a bit left out on a limb. I asked questions about my first fill and hey only toldd me when and how much it would cost. Im feeling a little like I just came off the assembly line still searching for my owner. All is well though. Plenty of nice people here and Im sure the support groups will be equaly valuable.

:straight