Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, are you taking a PPI? Did you ever get anti-nausea meds? You may be dehydrated. I would strongly recommend that you go to your PCP or a walk-in clinic. You could be anemic, dehydrated or many other things. At this point you should be feeling MUCH better.

Hi' date=' are you taking a PPI? Did you ever get anti-nausea meds? You may be dehydrated. I would strongly recommend that you go to your PCP or a walk-in clinic. You could be anemic, dehydrated or many other things. At this point you should be feeling MUCH better.[/quote']

Ditto what Dixie said. I'm pre-sleeve but a couple of months ago I just wasn't feeling "right." I was tired quite a bit and sometimes sleeping about 9-91/2 hours a night. That's crazy for me! Came back I was low on Iron, vit d. Now I feel fantastic again.

It could be nothing serious, just simple nutrients you are missing that need to be supplemented.

Doing good. Down 40 lbs since surgery on 8/31. Lost 30 during preop diet so a total of 70 since I started. So far so good. I just need to get off my butt and exercise.

Doing good. Down 40 lbs since surgery on 8/31. Lost 30 during preop diet so a total of 70 since I started. So far so good. I just need to get off my butt and exercise.

That's great to hear! Awesome loss!! I'm down 48, so halfway to my goal and stalling ;( , oh well it's part of it. Do u follow the 6-800 calories or so u eat more? I'm thinking of doing a thousand but waiting on Susan to respond.

That's great to hear! Awesome loss!! I'm down 48' date=' so halfway to my goal and stalling ;( , oh well it's part of it. Do u follow the 6-800 calories or so u eat more? I'm thinking of doing a thousand but waiting on Susan to respond.[/quote']

Honestly I have no idea what my intake is. I need to get better and figure out what it is. I usually have a Protein shake for Breakfast. lunch sometimes tuna packets or go get a chicken fajita soft taco and a tea or make it easy and just do a shake. Evening sometimes we go out but still it's a small piece of chicken or beef and a potato or vegetable. If I don't feel like eating ill just have a shake. Sometimes what I have in a day I don't see how I am ever getting enough, but I am satisfied. Overall i try to get the Proteins in first with whatever it is. I am really trying to get at least 70+ oz's of Fluid a day. This may be TMI, but even drinking a lot it doesn't seem like my urine is ever as light as it used to be when I drank a lot of fluids. How about you? I take Vitamins daily wonder if that could darken it any?

How's everyone doing ? Any updates ??

Best decision of my life! I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow and I'm down over -40lbs! Everything Dr. A said was right on the money, and I've been super good about working out and eating high Protein and low carb and I haven't stalled yet. Now that I've lost a bit, the numbers aren't big but it's still going down slowly but surely. :)

Height: 5'9

Highest (Surgery) Weight: 216

1st Primary Goal Weight: 169

2nd Optimal Goal Weight: 145

Sleeve Journey:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> 8/17/12- PreOp/Surgery Day w/Pics Posted in Blog

Week 1 (8/24): 204.8 (-11.2)

Week 2 (8/31): 200.6 (-4.2)

Week 3 (9/7): 196.8 (-3.8)

Week 4 (9/14): 193.5 (-3.3)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> 9/17/12- 1 Month Anniversary w/Pics Posted in Blog (-22.5 lbs)

Week 5 (9/21): 191.6 (-1.9)

Week 6 (9/28): 190.1 (-1.5)

Week 7 (10/5): 187.0 (-3.1)

Week 8 (10/12): 181.9 (-5.1)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> 10/17/12- 2 Month Anniversary w/Pics Posted in Blog (-11.6 lbs)

Week 9 (10/19): 181.4 (-.5)

Week 10 (10/26): 177.9 (-3.5)

Week 11 (11/02): 176.8 (-1.1)

Week 12 (11/09): 174.7 (-2.1)

Honestly I have no idea what my intake is. I need to get better and figure out what it is. I usually have a Protein shake for Breakfast. lunch sometimes tuna packets or go get a chicken fajita soft taco and a tea or make it easy and just do a shake. Evening sometimes we go out but still it's a small piece of chicken or beef and a potato or vegetable. If I don't feel like eating ill just have a shake. Sometimes what I have in a day I don't see how I am ever getting enough' date=' but I am satisfied. Overall i try to get the Proteins in first with whatever it is. I am really trying to get at least 70+ oz's of Fluid a day. This may be TMI, but even drinking a lot it doesn't seem like my urine is ever as light as it used to be when I drank a lot of fluids. How about you? I take Vitamins daily wonder if that could darken it any?[/quote']

I do exactly as he says- I average 600-700 calories , 30 fats and no more than 40 carbs, I drink anywhere between 10-15 cups of Water and ill have a few cups of coffee with stevia and sf Creamer. I'm trying to break this stall but not sure how lol. Breakfast is either egg white omelette or a shake then meat and veggies for lunch and dinner. I try to keep it simple. I take Vitamins and Omega threes as well as Biotin. I have type one diabetes and my urine can be light and dark, maybe the vitamins like u said? Not sure but I know not dehydrated lol. Great work on ur behalf! Ur doing great!

I am scheduled for surgery with Dr. Alverez on January 18th. I just mailed in my deposit yesterday. I am so nervous and so excited at the same time. I am hoping for a permanent solution to the ups and downs I have had over the last 20 years! I decided to start losing weight in September at 205lbs. I am 5'2", so that's a bmi of 37.5. I have lost 22 lbs and am down to 183, now my bmi is just above 33. I already feel so much better. It's hard to imagine getting to a "normal" bmi. Dr. Alvarez seems awesome and even though I am really nervous about my surgery, I feel good about my choice of surgeons!

I am scheduled for surgery with Dr. Alverez on January 18th. I just mailed in my deposit yesterday. I am so nervous and so excited at the same time. I am hoping for a permanent solution to the ups and downs I have had over the last 20 years! I decided to start losing weight in September at 205lbs. I am 5'2"' date=' so that's a bmi of 37.5. I have lost 22 lbs and am down to 183, now my bmi is just above 33. I already feel so much better. It's hard to imagine getting to a "normal" bmi. Dr. Alvarez seems awesome and even though I am really nervous about my surgery, I feel good about my choice of surgeons![/quote']

U really did choose a great surgeon. He saved me for a long time. Him and his staff r great!!

Susie,

I got to meet live tennis and talk to her about my surgery experience. She is a great gal. So glad she is going to Dr. A for her surgery!

Susie' date='

I got to meet live tennis and talk to her about my surgery experience. She is a great gal. So glad she is going to Dr. A for her surgery![/quote']

Yay ! That's great ;)

1) Protein. I get 90% of my calories from pure Protein. I completely avoid carbs like the black plague. I snack on chicken, and whatever I can get my hands on. Yesterday for lunch I had pulled pork bbq, 3 oz and I was done, saved the rest and ate it again for dinner. No sides, no bread, nadda. The bbq was more than enough.

2) Routine is my bff. I know what I'm going to eat every single day before I leave the house, I leave nothing for imagination and I workout with other people so even if I'm not feeling motivated to do it, I know they are waiting on me to show up- there for I actually do my workouts religously.

3) Here's the tough love. I commit to at least 1 FULL HOUR EVERY SINGLE DAY to working out. Math says it takes 3500 calories to burn 1 lbs of fat, even on a low calorie diet and your BMR helping to burn some calories that still a LOT Of calories that you need to burn.

4) READ the guru's. I've read Jillian Michaels and Bob Harpers books, I've read Oprah's trainers, I've read all the top hollywood trainers books. I've educated myself thoroughly and there are several key things THEY ALL AGREE ON:

A) To lose weight you must work out a MINIMUM of 1 hour 6 days a week and it must be intense, not lolly gagging- doesn't matter if it's running, walking, elliptical or what you got to make it intense and get your heart rate to 120.

B.) Weight lifting is NECESSARY. At least 3 times a week for 30 minutes at max weight. All the trainers said it, if you want to change your metabolism it starts with weights. Muscle burns more fat. There for increase your muscle. If you rotate a day of weight lifting for cardio, or add them both in for a 2 hour workout 6 days a week, magical things might happen.

C) Carbs are the enemy. They all agree. We are a carb heavy society. And because of our sleeves now is the time to back away slowly and reconsider them later. Eat a very heavy protein diet.

D) Sugars are the enemy. And you know what I'm talking about. Even the Protein shakes are full of crap. Time to step back drink h20 (and none of the other crap) and focus on Proteins again. I will miss my smoothies and my fudigcles and my occassional sweet tooth cravings, but do want to lose weight or not?

E) DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT eat after 7pm. Water ONLY. sleeping on a full stomach, partially full, or any thing at all in your stomach will screw with your metabolism in your sleep. Just don't do it.

Maybe masters swimming and Water polo are my saving grace, but I know several people who've had success with trainers, workout buddies, etc. It's HARD. Period. No matter who we are to get this done. It takes time and commitment.

I have PCOS (PolyCystic Ovary Syndrome which has been a huge factor in why I needed the VSG- my body cannot regulate my hormones or my insulin), and I have always gained between 7 and 10 lbs on my period (sorry guys for the TMI but weight gain is true for the vast majority of women). If I only fluctuate by a pound or so I will be delighted. So this week I'm easing up on myself and just training and ignoring my numbers as they will most likely go up. BE AWARE of your cycles and get a calendar. Start tracking on your calendar, calories consumed, when your period is, when your PMS'ing (which is when your hormones start to surge and the first onset of weight gain pre-period happens) and watch what happens. You might be bloating because you're so close to your cycle. I also get horrific acne- which right now is pretty bad :/ so that's my indicator mother nature is about to come kick my a$$.

I work out a LOT. A minimum of 2 to 5 hours a day and that's why I've been dropping numbers. I know a lot of people cannot commit to that, but I'm doing with with a packed schedule and a kid because my health is #1. It's time for me. THIS IS MY TIME. And I don't have anymore time in my life to waste. I'm being as completely proactive as possible.

Hope this helps!

That's great DL, and u started with a lower bmi, what do u do for working out ??

And Dr. A was my saving grace. SO many doctors trying to medicate me, and not one would take me as a surgical candidate because I was a low BMI of 33. Nothing ever worked, and when I found 2 docs state side that would consider me, insurance wouldn't pay and they both wanted $30k+. Dr. A saved me life, my money, and health. I was never going to get better, and I would have had to mortgage my home to afford the surgery stateside. Then once I went through the surgery- all I could think was... "this was better than any american surgery I've ever had." It was easier than my nightmare experience of getting my wisdom teeth out. And I'm dead serious about that. I have a friend who is now following my steps and having her surgery with Dr. A in Decemeber, and like I told her- I did my homework. He's the best. I've been there. I've done that. And he's still the best, my only regret was not doing this sooner!

Good luck!

I am scheduled for surgery with Dr. Alverez on January 18th. I just mailed in my deposit yesterday. I am so nervous and so excited at the same time. I am hoping for a permanent solution to the ups and downs I have had over the last 20 years! I decided to start losing weight in September at 205lbs. I am 5'2", so that's a bmi of 37.5. I have lost 22 lbs and am down to 183, now my bmi is just above 33. I already feel so much better. It's hard to imagine getting to a "normal" bmi. Dr. Alvarez seems awesome and even though I am really nervous about my surgery, I feel good about my choice of surgeons!