Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

this just shows u have an excellent Dr. Unfortunately there are some that would have done the surgery anyway. Ur in good hands

First step....wait for the good news that the biopsy comes out negative. Next step...keep the faith. Meanwhile, we'll be waiting for you to join us on the bench soon.

Wow That is A BIG BLOWER! I would cry a lot. I just watched the 20/20 episode about the Dr in California who did a lap band procedure and the liver was lacerated several times. The woman died from the lacerations. The liver is very serious so that is great news that he decided to stop, but the anticipation - Killer!

I'm so sorry, I can't imagine how you must feel. :(

You'll be back in the game soon!

Did you have liver function tests and liver ultrasounds prior to surgery? Why didn't they catch this before surgery?

I had to do a 30 day pre op diet because of that... I stuck to it and lost 51 lbs. in thirty days.. I was not going to Mexico for them to tell me that... Had surgery last thursday.. everything went very well..

I'm so sorry to hear that but I know it will work out. I can honestly say I have been HORRIBLE with food since I set my date. It's like I am enjoying food even more cause I feel like its the "last dance" and, ya know...thank you for posting what happened. It was an eye opening wake up call for me. I was going to start my PRE-op liquid diet 1 week earlier than I was supposed to, but thanks to you, I am going to be vigilant with my choices and amounts prior to my PRE-op diet. Thanks again for reminding us yet to be sleeved, some of the things that can happen.

I would be bummed out too - it's a big thing to work yourself up for. That's my biggest fear too!

Amen MGM! It was a wake up call for me. My pre op diet starts on Thursday, but I may start tomorrow. I'd like to know if the size of the liver has to do with the BMI, because some dr. don't even require pre op diets. Just curious.

Probably. I have a bmi of 45 so I have to do 2 week liquid only diet. My surgery is august 23rd so I'm going to start on August 1st. My OCD is all about simple! But I am definitely going to be more careful about my choices until then. I already do probably 95% sugar free, and I'm not big on bread daily but love me some mashed potatoes and Mac & Cheese! That's gotta go :(

My surgery is June 7, this post has made me nervous. There are alot of things on here that have made me nervous. My BMI is 38 but, I've been reading about people not losing weight. Getting a little scared.

Probably. I have a bmi of 45 so I have to do 2 week liquid only diet. My surgery is august 23rd so I'm going to start on August 1st. My OCD is all about simple! But I am definitely going to be more careful about my choices until then. I already do probably 95% sugar free, and I'm not big on bread daily but love me some mashed potatoes and Mac & Cheese! That's gotta go :(

This is definitely a wake-up call for those pre-op. You can take steps in advance to make the pre-op diet easier by boosting your Protein and cutting your carbs now before your shake pre-op. For those that don't have to do a special diet, it's surprising so many doctors expect it and require it, if your doctor doesn't at least take some steps yourself. It's your body and if all these doctors think a smaller liver is safer for surgery, then it's up to you to do your part.

I understand last dance and last chance, I went out for steak hibachi and had a very small portion of fried rice 2 days before my pre-op shake diet. I ate sensible Soup & small skinny turkey sandwich the day before my pre-op shakes. We all have had last dance- last chance for food our entire life which got us here. Pick your last chance - last chance meals as though this surgery is important to you, count your carbs, throw in a Protein Shake once a day, cut all soda's, add more Water, and for those prone to headaches and addicted to caffeine, cut it out before surgery, after surgery going through caffeine withdrawal while healing would be madness!

Still trying to motivate myself to make it through 14 days without cheating, it's rough, but I'm worth it.

I have been gearing up for six months for surgery and though I have followed a healthy plan for six months, day two of fourteen days with only 3 shakes of day has been rough, but my doctor and liver will thank me later I hope.

The first place fat gets stores is the liver. It has to do with how much fat and carbohydrates you are consuming prior to surgery. As you eliminate the carbohydrates and eat sensibly the fatty liver will disappear. Skinny people can have fatty liver, it's not about your bmi or your size.