Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help Needed Please...

Several years ago, I lost quite a bit in a flood. When we get together next, I will bring some stuff. I remember what people did for me when I had lost so much.

Kathy and Jill thank you so much. Anything would be great. I took a car load out to them today and the tears just poured. They are from mom's in the area that I am part of a member and they couldn't believe that complete strangers wanted to help them out. She said she felt bad taking the stuff. I told her why if it was one of us that needed the help she would be jumping over hurdles to help us out.

It's been a very long and hard day....the insurance man had a dr's appt and couldn't make it out there today. (If it were my house he would have been out there today.) So he is suppose to come out tomorrow to start looking at it. They just feel lost and don't know what to do. So between the flood last year and the fire this year they are truly ready for a new start.

Thanks to everyone that has offered to help. I can't wait to take them stuff to show them how many great friends and banded family I have.

I can't say thanks enough!!! My whole family thanks you!!!!

Kim, I'm pretty sure I can come up with some 32 men's shorts/pants and some large shirts. I'll dig through the little boys and look for 4-5 stuff. If I don't have any, my next door neighbor may. It may not be a big bag but it's something. I'll do my best.

Kim,

I just wanted to mention that Red Cross is one of the biggest aids for fire victims (actually any type of disaster).

I h*a*t*e* hearing about a home fire. :) Im so sad for them. God bless them -((and He will!))

Kim...I have been avoid lapband talk because of my current failure mentality...so sorry I'm reading this later. With school starting though this friday I'm sure they could use some school supplies. I have some "extras" and would gladly bring them to you or meet you somewhere.

Kim I need the address. I will send a Wal mart gift card and if McDonalds still have the McDonald dollars, I will get that for the kids. You gotta have some kind of fun. I'm sure they will only get healthy stuff. I am sorry they lost their home but thankful they are all safe.

I've got gift cards to mail. Please let me know where to.

Ladies I can't think you enough!!! I can't even explain how I am feeling right now.

Paula - Thanks the red cross was actually there saturday night and gave them ziploc bags with Shampoo, soap, razors, etc..and gave them 130.00 per person to buy some clothes. So they have a start and I have taken them clothes so we are off to a good start. It's so sad...they are all so lost.

Melissa - it's ok. I could meet you anywhere...just let me know what is good and I will be there. I went yesterday and I will be going back out Saturday. Unless they call and need me sooner.

I think I have my address to everyone that has requested it if not let me know and I will get it to them.

Kathy - Are you looking for the 3 year olds shoe size? It's a 9 or 9 1/2...either will do.

Thanks again!!!! This family is the best!!!!

WOW This is so wonderful how everyone is coming together. The gift card idea is great I will pick one up before the end of the week and get to to you. If you think I could go there and help them please let me know I have extra time these days.

As far as bibles go. My son is a fireman. BIBLES DO NOT BURN....EVER.... He has seen this and heard it several times. Other firefighters have told him this. Glad the bunny was ok.

Hang in there.

Kim, could I drop it buy Dr. V's office for you? I could maybe run it that way on Thursday? I've got just a few school supplies (spiral notebooks, crayons, colored pencils) and I've got a nice red messanger bag that kristen used briefly last year. I gave it a wash and it looks new. Clothes wise, don't have much to offer unless they can use computer vendor tshirts size large mostly...we seem to accumulate those, hubby certainly wouldn't notice a few missing.

Melissa that would be great if it's not to far out the way. Plus you could see the office. Just let me know and I can let you know if anyone will be there. We have some meetings this week and some outings so there will be a few times there want be anyone there.

Update - I talked to my aunt and cousin tonight. She sounded a little better still sad. The insurance company came and she now has to list EVERYTHING in her house. I sit here now and don't know if I could do it. (so this weekend DH and I are going to start making a video and taking pictures) She has to list the price she paid for everything and then they will depricate it and give her a check to replace things. They need to find some one to come in and demolish the house to start over. She said it's just so overwhelming. I am taking the checks and card to her saturday and we are going to start sorting through the house room by room that we can get to. So I am in for a long nasty weekend. Anyone want to come and sort through YUCK with us. gotta make a little funny. They are doing good over all...considering.

They all wanted me to thank you all for everything....they say they feel thank you just isn't enough but it's all they can say.

Thanks again for all of you!!!!! I just love this place.

Kim, may I say that your extended family is blessed to have you. You're doing something great. You didn't have to do this but it just goes to show how wonderful you are and how much you care.

Kim, for some reason I have been thinking that our lunch get-together was this Sat...huge brain fart...sorry! I have 2 small bags with 3yo clothes (sizes 4-5) and I think I can drum up a few shoes. I don't want to send junky stuff. Put little boys always need play clothes and shoes! There are some jeans and 1 pair of kahki pants in the bag. Anyhow, I need to figure out how to get these things to you...lemme brew...

Melissa, could I meet you somewhere before you drop off at Kim's work? That'd be handy. I-85 somewhere?