Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’M Feeling A Slight Loss Of Control With Grazing And Sweets.

I went on vacation and eat out all week and even though I couldn’t (Thank God) go overboard I did eat things that I would normally avoid, (ice cream, sausage, bread) and I eat to my maximum full felling every time. Now I’m home and all I can think about is food, I even went so far as to have a 2 slices of pizza and 1 ½ pop tarts one day!!! This is crazy stuff that I haven’t had since the surgery. I’m focusing on getting back into my post op strategy H20, Protein shake, planned meals but it’s hard…just posting this for moral support…Thanks everyone!

PS I also had a NSV with the plane seat... I fit with plenty of room and no fear of spilling over to the seat next to me and I wore shorts which I haven’t done in decades!

If some foods are a trigger and/or you overeat them.... BANISH THEM FROM YOUR CUPBOARD!

You already know where you crossed the line and good for you for seeking support (the mark of a strong confident women :) ) so just stick to the plan. Protein, Protein, protein first - as long as you stick to that mantra you prob wont be able to fit in a poptart.

Congrats on your airplane NSV- thats a huge emotional one for most people. Rock them short-shorts this summer girl!

I hear you! We had a buffet of Breakfast roll crap in my office yesterday and Bagels with cream cheese today. I ate horribly yesterday and started out today with half a bagel and cream cheese. I could NOT believe how quickly I was ready for more after I ate that bagel! Carbs are just evil! I know I just need to hope back on the wagon, get back to my healthier choices and let it go... maybe hit the treadmill tonight for sure!

I don't believe that banishing food forever works. You were on vacation, enjoyed yourself, and now you're back. Just like you were off work and "fancy free" when you're back, you're back...and the same should hold true for food. Maybe try going back to shakes for a few days and get those carbon out of your system. Good luck!

Bummer, I just weighed myself and I had my 1st gain!!! 3 lbs!!!! oh well…sweets and drinks and carbs just don’t work in my favor, this is a hard lesson to learn but I am grateful for my sleeve, no excuses, I am getting back on course!

I would be scared to death to eat two pieces of pizza!

Even 4 years out when I have a backslide, and when I find my inner strength, I can trust my sleeve.

I could have written your post - but I compare it to smoking... you have to get the drug out of your system. Go hard on your protein/water/healthy food only for 4 days and the cravings leave as the crap is out of your system.

If I crave carbs at night, I have a cup of tea and my sleeve is so happy for the warm comforting hug on the inside, the cravings go.

I have those days...but I find that if you want the sleeve to work it is dense protien and that is it. Even salad is a slider food for me. I guess it was never the food for me...it was that full feeling. I love that feeling. So I eat some chips, and I am not full, but I can't eat anymore. I eat ice cream, and I am not full, but I can't eat anymore. There is nothing like a nice piece of fish or chicken to give me that full feeling I long for. All the sliders foods do is give me the slimies. I am not really sure what to say to you because 2 pieces of pizze and a pop tart really isn't that bad. Nutritionally speaking it isn't the greatest, but calorie wise if they were not oversized pieces of pizza that may have been about 800 to 1000 calories. You didn't gain from eating that. Maybe the salt if you were not eating salt before. Protein is important so you really should focus on that, but ice cream and pizza and chips...everything is ok in moderation which is the way everyone should live...not just us.

This is an old subject, but I could really relate. I am a little over 6 months post op, and even though I didn't eat a lot over the holidays, I certainly ate things I shouldn't have. Like many others, it triggered that unsatisfiable yearn for carbs. In truth, I can see that as a major contributor to my weight problem in the past.

I just need to be honest with myself and stop those bad behaviors in their tracks before they become habits again. Thanks to everyone who posts on this site. I draw so much strength and wisdom from each post I read.