Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Lisa: A half marathon?! That is so great! I'm so proud of your accomplishment. I hope you realize what an accomplishment that is! Wow, what to go! A size 12 is great too. I finally made it to a size 12 also. I'm strength training with a trainer now. When I first started I could hardly lift 45 pounds, now I'm up to 80 on some things. I'm feeling stronger and better. How would have ever thought?! It's great to be thinner and healthier. Congratulations.

Hello y'all, been gone for a while :(. Living life i guess, new GF, studying and having some non-LB related health issues. I've been doing quite good i'm at 178.5 lb right now, 8.5 under my original goal and people are starting to say i'm TOO skinny so i guess i should go for a little unfill or something. I have lots and lots of loose skin and here in South America it's spring, summer is coming and i'm kinda worried =(. Love you all! Take care! Keep up the good work! :)

Nile: If you need an unfill, please do not hesitate to get one. I had one and I can't believe how much better I feel every day. I have not enjoyed the weight loss success that you have.

I have fought the band instead of using it. I never in a million years thought that I would have this problem. But part of the problem was that for many months I was extremely overfilled. I was missing out on nutrition for all those months and I was hungry all the time 24/7. When you obsess about food and begin to eat empty calories because they're the only thing you can keep down, you're in trouble.

But the thing I learned that even with a lot less fill, I am not gaining weight. I am getting my feet back on the ground and trying not to beat myself up, and I am repositioning myself for success.

If we are overfilled there are miriad complications that can plague us. I don't want that to happen to anyone.

If you're at goal or smaller, and you are still eating too little to maintain, you should not fear getting a fill. Preserve your health! You're in control. If you did happen to gain some weight, you can always get a fill. The most important thing is to stay completely healthy and energetic!

Hi there! I was banded September 17th! I'm down 35 lbs. and getting my first fill tomorrow. A little nervous about the fill!!!

Good luck Starsmom I'll keep you in my thoughts tonight & tomorrow.

Nile - a little unfill might not hurt. Being underweight (so I'm told) can bring its own medical problems. Being unfilled does NOT mean you need to gain weight just try to stop the continued loss.

Hi All! I haven't been around in awhile and just wanted to drop in to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi MimIN: Hi! I've been out a lot too - miss talking to all you neat September Bandsters!!

I too want to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!!! (Let's let the turkeys do all the gobble, gobble, gobble!) :)

Mimin: Are you still getting plastic surgery? I've wondering. I'm probably getting a lower body lift in March, we will see. We just got back from Puerto Vallarta. Had a great time. My daughter is getting married there in May and we almost got the entire thing planned. Plus had a great vacation. I gained 3 pounds but I'm hoping most of it is Water weight!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I would love to hear how everyone is doing!

Hey Bjean and Karey! How was your holiday? Mine was nuts entertaining two sets of parents, siblings on both sides and a grandmother! It was fun but I am very excited to have my house back - last people are to leave tuesday.

Karey: I am still having surgery and it is coming up quickly, Friday! I am super excited and Friday can't get here fast enough. I had not really told anyone about it and like a dumbass I left the surgery appointment card on the side of the fridge and a couple nosy family members read it. I then had to explain and before I knew it the whole crew knew. Not so secret now!

I was in Atlanta for a couple weeks on training and gained a few lbs, I've been home almost 2 weeks and those couple are gone so I bet it is water:)

Have you met with a surgeon yet? March is just around the corner, how exciting!

Mimin: Well maybe your family will be supportive and helpful now that they know about the surgery. Friday?! Yikes that's soon. Are you going to start a thread or keep it more private? I hope you'll let us in on it and I'll bet you'll be surprised how many bandsters will support you. Can't wait to hear how it all goes. Wish you the very best!!!!

Mimin: Well maybe your family will be supportive and helpful now that they know about the surgery. Friday?! Yikes that's soon. Are you going to start a thread or keep it more private? I hope you'll let us in on it and I'll bet you'll be surprised how many bandsters will support you. Can't wait to hear how it all goes. Wish you the very best!!!!

I go weeks sometimes without making it on here so I don't think I will start a separate thread. I'm also a little horrified at the thought of posting before and afters of my half nekkid body, lol. I may feel differently after it is done but right now that freaks me out.

The family opinions are mixed. For the most part they seem supportive but really I don't care what they think, its my money and I'm doing it for me:)

Mimin: Good for you. I think you should go for it! I don't think you have to post nekked pictures just because everyone will beg! I don't think I will post nekked pictures either. Maybe I'll post a swim suit version, but maybe not. Pretty scary to put yourself out there. That being said, I have sure appreciated the people who have shared. It's given me a lot of hope and determination to go for it myself! I wish you the best. Can't wait to hear how you feel about it all, when your all beautiful! Good luck! Best wishes! God Speed!

Mimin: Good for you. I think you should go for it! I don't think you have to post nekked pictures just because everyone will beg! I don't think I will post nekked pictures either. Maybe I'll post a swim suit version, but maybe not. Pretty scary to put yourself out there. That being said, I have sure appreciated the people who have shared. It's given me a lot of hope and determination to go for it myself! I wish you the best. Can't wait to hear how you feel about it all, when your all beautiful! Good luck! Best wishes! God Speed!

Thanks Karey! Surgery is tomorrow, I have to be at the hospital at 6:00am so that is 11 hrs from now, I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't freaking out! I am scared to death! I am debating starting a new thread, if even just someone to vent and freak out to, lol.

Breathe in, Breath out.

We are all thinking of you. Even if you don't start another thread make sure to let us know you are doing OK as soon as you are up to it.