Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

MimIN: Hey, you're up! Glad you're feeling like typing. Four lbs. isn't so bad. I remember one of the boys when we were kids saying that my sister was fat... in all the right places! Hope you continue to do well.:)

sandranoelle: You are unbelievable!!!! 70 lbs. since July - almost August- is fantastic! In fact 60 lbs. since Sept. 25 is something to brag about too. You're ahead of me and I'm not unhappy. A little envious, but happy with my measly 40 lbs. since Sept. 11. Congratulations to you. Keep up the great work! :biggrin1:

Sandranoelle: You're doing great on the weight loss! Bone grafts do hurt worse than a filling. Plan on taking the rest of the day off. Of course they totally block the area so you can't feel anything. I guess it just depends how deep the graft has to go. I've had 2 bone grafts. The first time my jaw was swollen and a little bruised for about a week. The second time, I only had a small amount of swelling. I guess it's worth it. It's a long process, but it will be better in the end. More of that patience stuff!

Mimin: Glad your surgery went well. I hope you continue to recover well. Remember that they say the 3rd day is the hardest and don't get discouraged. Is it weird to have perky breasts or does it just feel natural? I'm think of a breast lift when I get a TT. Any way I wish you the best!

MimIn....that's four pounds of BOOBS!!! Not such a bad thing! Post-operatively people retain Water in response to the trauma so don't be surprised if you gain a pound or two....it will come off when you recover. Enjoy your new look! I call mine the floppsy twins b/c that's all they do when I run now!

the teacher across the hall, who is a very good friend, told me that with the weight loss I needed a new bra. big time.. floppsy twins.. I like that.. MimIn take it easy and I hope your recovery is quick and easy..

Hi all,

I am a little more with it today and went to Meijer with my bf but after 10 minutes or so I had to go out to the car and lay down. I am forever pushing myself to do more than I should.

Another thing I didn't realize is how much I use my upper body to do things. I have a hell of a time getting in and out of bed and up and down off the couch. If I didn't have my bf here I'd be in a world of trouble, I can't even open my pill bottles damn childproof caps! Lisa you were not kidding about retaining water! I weighed myself Friday morning and weighed in at 178 and this morning I weighed 191.5 and about fell over but must remember it's not fat - just Water *sigh*

Flopsy and Mopsy would work for me!

MimIn: Hang in there darlin' I hope your BF is taking really good care of you. Thanks for checking in and letting us know how you're doing.

Sandranoelle....I have had that experience....I went out and bought a couple of new bras...went from a 42E to a 38D. I just sorta roll them up and tuck them in now!

MimIn....I'll try to remember to have someone around when I get the lift (probably in a couple of years.) I helped a friend of mine several years back who had an augmentation...she made it look so easy. But they told her not to lift anything heavier than a gallon milk jug. I just really am too independent! And yes, it's just water! You'll be the greatest loser for the 4th just b/c you have lost so much of it!!!

BJean....Flopsy and Mopsy! I love it! How about the Bobbsie twins?

Mimin: It sucks not to be able to do anything. Keep us updated as you heal. I am seriously thinking of getting a breast lift, but I'm not sure if I can put up with the healing. With weight loss thus far, I've gone from a 42 DD to a 36 C. Crazy, huh?

Mimin: It sucks not to be able to do anything. Keep us updated as you heal. I am seriously thinking of getting a breast lift, but I'm not sure if I can put up with the healing. With weight loss thus far, I've gone from a 42 DD to a 36 C. Crazy, huh?

:funnypost: Now I want to share a story. This is a true story! Okay, I think that I should make Ripley's Most embarrassing moments or something! Before my LB, I went to the gynecologists. I needed to go for all the reasons the name implies and also because she (yes my doctor is female) was helping me with my weight loss program. So, I am lying down with my hands behind my head for "the BREAST EXAM." The first eeek in the whole process. She starts prodding my breasts for lumps and is making general conversation with me. Then she asks, "So, how much do your sisters weigh?" I'm lying there thinking several things at once. 1- The doctor is certainly being casual. 2- What an odd question. 3- I look down at my breasts. How would I know how much they weigh? So, I answer, "I don't know. Maybe 5 pounds." She looks at me and repeats the question, "No, how much do your sister's weigh? I just look at her for a minute. Then I reply, "I don't know." She says well are they heavy? I'm thinking, well you can see that for yourself!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Then it dawns on me that she is asking me about my female siblings! DUH! What would you have thought? I don't have any sisters and it just seemed like a random question. I started laughing and told her that I thought she was asking me how much my breasts weighed! We both got the giggles so bad that actually the rest of the exam was a piece of cake. <o:p></o:p>

Do I get a prize for an embarrassing moment or what? So how much do your sisters weigh?<o:p></o:p>

Hope I've made you feel better about yourself. :) Have a nice day. --Karey<o:p></o:p>

HAHA KAREY! Oh it hurts to laugh!

The pain probably isn't as bad as I've made it out to be, I am a BIG BABY! I have always wanted a boobjob and even at my highest weight I was maybe a B cup. I love losing weight but I hate it when it comes off of the wrong areas!

Bjean: Suprisingly he has been awesome throughout this usually he's a lost cause when it comes to helping, haha.

I guess I'm on day # 3 and doing a lot better than #2. I was in so much pain Saturday that I had to call my surgeon's on call for stronger meds. The stuff he wanted to give me could not be called in so I had my brother drive my pitiful butt down to the 'snooty' mall where the on call Dr agreed to meet me but I couldn't send my brother because it is a heavy narcotic (Dilaudid) and he could get major malpractice. I was pretty amazed that the Dr agreed to do that for me when my PCP would have told me to suck it up and come see her Monday. Maybe cosmetic surgeons are a little more compassionate?? So last night I got a decent sleep. It still hurts but I think I'm so heavily medicated that it doesn't seem near as bad as it was.

Lisa definitely have someone with you for at least the first couple days. I am fiercely independent and keep trying to do stuff I shouldn't and then I ache. I don't like that I have to rely on someone to get me simple things or to open pill bottles but I'd be screwed without help.

Mim

My last weigh in was +1. Starting weight is 208.

I am going to post the final St. Patty's day numbers, they are incomplete but I will update the post as the numbers roll in. As it stands now we have a collective loss of 160lbs!!!

TAMI is our top loser with a total of 28lbs lost!!

TamifromAL – 213/-5/-2/0/-5/-2/-1/-2/-3/-2/-3/-3

BJean – 181/0/0/-1/-1/0/0/-1/-1/0/-1/0

Gonnabethin – 190/0/0/-1/-2/-1.5/0/0/0/-1.5/0/?

MimIN – 199/-2/-2/0/-4/-2/-5/0/0/0/-1/-3

Sandranoelle – 275/-4/+2/0/-6/-3/+4/-3/-1/0/?

Kareyquilts – 203/-4/-2/-3/0/0/-2/-1/-1/0/-1

TrueBlueSue - 174.5/0/0/0/-1.5/-1/-2/?

LindaN – 218/-1/-3/-1/0/-3/0/-3/0/0/0/?

Lauriegee – 215/-2/-6/0/+2/-3/?

Mom of Many – 209/-1/0/0/?

Mariecarmen – 198/-8/0/-2/-1/-2/0/+4/0/?

Lisalee – 203/+2/-4/-2/-1/-3/-1/+1/-2/-3/0/-1

Harlito – 371/-1.5/-3/?

April – 241/-5/0/0

Finallyonmyway – 200/-9/-3/?

Katt – 282/-2/?

TommyGirl – 246/-6/?

I am scheduled for my next fill on April 5th....I can't wait! I think I am finally at the point where it will be OK to do it. I was actually able to eat about 2oz. steak, 1/3 baked potato, 1/4 corn and a small salad today for dinner. No problems. That was a moderate meal for me. I won't tell you about the fried chicken strips with french fries I ate last night (and the fried apple pie!) It seems so wrong yet is so hard not to overeat or eat badly when my band has loosened up. I guess that's why I'm a bandster today.

I am so excited about the weight I'm gonna lose! This will be my 3rd fill...the patient rep. at the doctor's office swore that the 3rd one is a charm. Size 16 then 14 then 12 then....? It's all becoming a real possibility. Yeeehaaw!

I am very unhappy to report I weighed in today at 194lbs:faint: .

PLEASE be water!

PLEASE be water!

PLEASE be water!

PLEASE be water!

MimIN: Hey it IS water! When your body sustains some damage it always retains Water to help flush out and dilute toxins or unwanted stuff. You've been through a physical "trauma" of sorts and your bod is working to fix it. Have you ever noticed that when you lie out in the sun too long and you get a bit of a burn, you retain tons of water? Same principle. You may be doing something great for yourself and your body (well, maybe not great if it is actually a sunburn) but your body only knows that there has been a change and it treats it as an injury.

Dr. BJean reporting in... that's all. :heh: I actually have no medial degree whatsoever, just the old Indian on firewater remedies.;)