Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

I would like to be down 12 lbs. and I don't think that's an unreasonable goal at all!

My weight on July 9 was 182.

I bought a scale that gives information about your BMI, calories needed to lose, etc., and I have put it under my bed because I didn't want anyone to see what my stats were. I'm going to pull it out and get serious!

Let's go ya'll!!!! :lol:

We can do it. I will post some positive thinking words that I read recently. They're helping me and maybe can help someone else too. Good luck everybody!

It's good to see you all again. I haven't been reading, posting, exercising, eating right, anything. My last fill was a bummer and I had to get it redone with fluoro and that cost $1100 and I am self pay and he only put .5 cc in and I don't feel like I have any fill at all so I just ROLLED in self pity for a while. BUT...after gaining a few pounds back, I am back. I have joined Weight Watchers and have lost 9.8 lbs in 3 weeks. I read a book that said proper restriction was a lot more subtle than we believe and I had been looking for something that would really knock me in the head. I feel better (I look better) and my head is back in it. 45 lbs are gone for good and more are leaving. I need your support and I'm glad you are all still here. Katt

katt: You know from what I've been reading over and over here, I'm beginning to think that having too much fill is worse than not having enough. I am beginning to realize that when I have too much, I can't eat decent food, I'm hungry and I wind up eating all the wrong stuff. Then I feel lousy about my lack of resolve and hate myself for being so out of control.

When I have less restriction, I can eat better Protein which stays with me longer and keeps me from getting so hungry.

Anyone else think that having a bit too much restriction is worse than having too little? We need to figure this thing out.

Silly me....I meant July 9th!

Katt, welcome back on board! I look actually look forward to posting my weight on here weekly, whether I have lost or not. It is good discipline.

I also chart my weight on a graph and post it on a bulletin board in my office....just a little visual motivation.

Has anyone gotten confused about their weight and forgotten that they actually weigh less than they thought they did (for a moment?) I find myself nearing the 160s and keep thinking I'm still in the 180s. Of course it dawns on me immediately and I have to straighten my thinking.

I made a mistake the other day at work. I used to jokingly say,"I'm bigger than you, you better listen to me (or do what I say, or be nice, etc.") Well I was kidding around with a co-worker and started to say,"because I'm bigger....." then stopped. She turned around and looked at me funny so I finished the sentence "...than you." She said, "No. You are not bigger than me Lisa." I felt so awkward! It's something I have always said so it came out without thinking. It's always been true!

Being a big girl when I was getting behind at work I would say, "Gosh, I'm all behind like a fat lady." I said that once the other day and then immediately felt terrible for saying it! What a funny role reversal. Time to start thinking like a slender person I guess. It's hard to wrap my head around that :)

Lisa: What a nice problem to have, huh?!

Katt: Do you want to join the challenge?

If everyone will sign in tomorrow with you're beginning weight and what you did or did not lose last week. I'll get everything set up? Mimin: Am I forgetting anything that I need to do?

Karey...I weigh 173 today down from 175 last week.

It's funny...some weeks I stay in one place forever...this last few weeks I've been dropping weight consistently. Even though I haven't been running a lot in the 90 degree weather I am busy, busy, busy. I am so much more active I have to make myself go to bed at night.

Also, I had tremendous restriction around my TOM. I thought I was going to have to start drinking Protein Shakes again. BJean...I think you're right. Too much restriction is not a good thing. Real food was not band friendly...I actually started noticing a lot more hair in my brush and realized it was probably d/t not being able to eat properly. chocolate and Cookies seem to be the only thing that are digestible when I am so tight.

Oh, the wonderful adventures of lap-band land! There's a new experience around every corner (or pound!)

Lisa: What a nice problem to have, huh?!

Katt: Do you want to join the challenge?

If everyone will sign in tomorrow with you're beginning weight and what you did or did not lose last week. I'll get everything set up? Mimin: Am I forgetting anything that I need to do?

Nope you've got it!

My starting weight is 159 and my weight today is also 159, no loss or gain.

I'm at 180, for a 2 lb. loss for last week. (Those are the same two pounds I lost before, dang it!)

lisa great going! You too MimIn and karey!

Ok, guys I'm gonna try this challenge thing again. I had already set a personal goal to be 190 lbs by 9-10-07 (my 14th wedding anniversary) so maybe this will keep me on track. I'm not sure when the start date is but as of 7-9-07 I was at 221, as of 7-16-07 I am 217 lbs. Good luck to all!

Karey sure i'll join. I weigh in on Wednesdays. weighed 278 last wednesday and i was down 3.2 lbs. Katt

Hey ya'll my knees are improving most of the time. I actually bought a recumbunt bike and before work this morning I did 35 minutes! That's a pretty big deal for me since I'm coming from injured knees and a realm of couch potato-dom for over a year. Now if I can just keep this up!!

Sounds like everyone is hanging in and sticking to their goals as best they can with summer schedules! Sorry I didn't get this posted yesterday, I had a baby shower at my house. I meet with a personal trainer today for the first time. Wish me luck! Here are the challenge results for this week. Please send me corrections, additions, etc. You all are doing great!

lisalee: 173, -2,

MimIn: 159, 0

BJean: 18-, -2

April: 221, -4

Cassandra: 222, -1

Katt: 278, -3.2

lifelongband: 246, ?

Nile: ?

Sandranoelle, 248, ?

Kareyquilts: 179, -2

Tanya67: ?

Gonnabethin?

Total weight loss for the week: 10.2 :clap2:

Our band anniversaries are coming up quickly. Let's all try and get our losses up for the big event! Have a great week!