Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm really concerned about one thing. I don't cook...period! Not that I can't cook - I'm actually a very good cook - but I hate doing it. I work such long hours, as does my husband that cooking is something that is rare around our house.

So how am I going to handle my meals after surgery? Not like we can bring home a sandwich from Which wich! Or a burger from Five Guys! Any ideas for those of us that refuse to cook? I realize that the first month or so not a huge deal because I will be on Clear liquids then liquids, then mushies - it's after that...that's what worries me

Sent from my iPad using VST

When you do get to a regular diet, why do you think you have to cook? There are so many easy, high Protein things to eat in the grocery stores, or whole food stores that are good for you too. Things you can just pop in the micro, ya know? Someone just posted about a chicken patty at Sams Club with 18 gm of protein. So I say don't worry, it will work out, and your dietitian/NUT can help you too. Good Luck!

You won't be eating enough to cook anyway. Maybe 1 scrambled egg or a package of tuna. That's it & I'm not exaggerating! I am 7 weeks post sleeve. Down 30+ pounds and soooo many inches! I still can't get in 64 oz of Water. My stomach is too small. Lol. Sounds funny to say that. 5 more pounds to one-derland!!!

Congrats SG! That's amazing!!!!! I'm glad to hear this because I was worried I would have to prepare a bunch of stuff or something - I really should not have bought the big beautiful convection oven/stove that I have since I just don't like to cook! LOL However, it is GREAT for baking - and I do enjoy that - but I never keep the stuff at the house - send it all to work with my husband! LOL Let them pack on the lbs!

I still cook for my family, but I honestly cook LESS for myself now than every before! Don't worry about not cooking. A typical snack for me is string cheese - low cooking required. A meal might be scrambled egg whites... which, I cook in the microwave! LOL! Oh, I also love to "cook" morningstar vegetarian products. Lots of Protein, and super yummy... and also hardly considered "cooking".

Don't worry, you find easy little meals to make for yourself.

Also, have you heard of http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ ? She does love to cook, but has lots of easy recipes for us. Since you have that gorgeous oven, she has a lot of "protein bites" recipes you might be interested in.... :)

I love to cook, but like you find that I have time constraints. And what I cook for my family is now (I'm still in the food stages) not what I cook for me, and I'm not eating enough to justify cooking a second dinner. Mainly I've been making batches of things for me, and letting them thaw/heat up/whatever while I cook dinner for the family. I'm on soft foods for another week or two so I can't yet eat very much of what I cook for them. Except for Soups - I've been focusing on the higher Protein Soups (e.g. fish chowder) and avoiding the ones that don't have much nutrition (e.g. cheddar ale soup).

I will buy a lb of maguro and make up a big batch of poke, which is currently a fave and lets me skip a Protein Drink. ;) I use my food vacuum thing and divide it out into 4 oz portions, which go in the freezer. I do the same thing with plain sashimi. Then I can just grab one, thaw, and have a good nutritious meal (I'll eat it any tine of day, doesn't bother me).

I'll modify family favorites. DH loves homemade pizza. Well technically store bought pizza that I "augment." But I've gone back to a low carb mock Pizza Crust and making sure to use only soft food friendly toppings on part. DH still gets his pizza fix, and I can eat too.

We've started eating a lot more fish because it just goes down well and it's practically unbeatable nutrition-wise. DH also likes sashimi, but DD is 3 and we aren't there yet. I bought a cooktop smoker and do a half salmon, 3 - 4 trout fillets, swordfish and prawns. Only takes about 20 mins to smoke everything. I don't really like the taste of smoked things, so while all that's smoking I'll bake some trout or tilapia for me. I don't really do leftovers, so DH has several lunches/dinners. DH likes to smoke ribs on the weekend - I'll throw on a chicken thigh for me, then make a quick chx salad out of it.

So - yeah, for the most part I cook the family's meal, then sit down with them with my little condiment cup of whatever dinner is. If we go out I stick to soups or a safe side dish like refried Beans. It's not worth cooking just for me, but it's important to me that they continue to have their meals the same as always.

So I'm really concerned about one thing. I don't cook...period! Not that I can't cook - I'm actually a very good cook - but I hate doing it. I work such long hours, as does my husband that cooking is something that is rare around our house.

So how am I going to handle my meals after surgery? Not like we can bring home a sandwich from Which wich! Or a burger from Five Guys! Any ideas for those of us that refuse to cook? I realize that the first month or so not a huge deal because I will be on Clear Liquids then liquids, then mushies - it's after that...that's what worries me

Sent from my iPad using VST