Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Alvarez In Piedras Negras

I want to share my experience with Dr. Alvarez in Piedras Negras Mexico. First, let me say I am a registered nurse and have been for 12 years. I have had 9 abdominal surgeries in various hospitals. This has been the most positive experience I have ever had anywhere. Dr. Alvarez is amazingly intelligent, caring, and what a bedside manner! The hospital staff are wonderfully professional and pleasant, no fast rush in and out of my room, I don't here the sigh of impatience when I push the call button for assistance that I usually get in the states. This hospital is clean and the staff practice excellent standard precautions- I see lots of hand hygiene going on.Best of all, I am in no pain! I have had some nausea but they promptly medicate me when I ask and he medicine is very effective.

I have been treated like a valued customer instead of a "gastic sleeve in room 101", if u know what I mean.

I would recommend Dr. Alvarez and his crew without reservation to anyone looking for a surgeon in Mexico.

So happy to hear that! My sister is getting her sleeve done with Dr. Alvarex on June 1st. I had mine in Texas 9 months ago and I dont know what to tell her to expect really in MX except what I hear on the boards. I love to hear good things about the Dr. we chose. I will be going with her since its only two hours from my house. She lives in Mississippi.

Do you have any advice for us? How long was your liquid diet? Did you lose enough to please him? Were there any complications? Did he give you blood thinners? Any information you could give us would be greatly appreciated. Do we need to bring anything special? You can message me if you dont want to answer all this on the board. Thanks in advance! Tammi

I lost 10 ponds on the preop. Was on liquids for two weeks and it was really hard. He seemed pleased with the weight loss. I have hd no complications whatsoever ever and neither have any of the others here now. The first night they kept me medicated for pain an nausea around the clock, second day u have to ask when u need it. Jessica and Jesus are his personal staff that attend u in addition to the regular hospital nurses. I dont know about blood thinner and didnt ask. The care I have received has been excellent. The is a computer in ur room, plus they give u an iPad to use in bed. There is a phone available for u to use to call home (my cell doesn't work here). Just bring clothes, personal hygiene items etc. the towels are fantastic here-big and plush. U both will be very comfortable. My friend that came with me took her meals a the restaurant near here, Jessica took her over to it. She has felt like she is on vacation lol, don't worry, u will be in good hands.

I was so nervous before, now I am so glad I chose to come here!

I had my sleeve with Dr. Alvarez on march 19th. Everything positive u hear about him is true! He is amazing. I have done wonderful with my sleeve. My best friend took followed my lead and had her sleeve on April 19th. There are no negatives about a decision to go to Dr. A in Piedras! Good luck!

Thanks for the comforting words. We are gearing up for it. I will let her know what I have learned from you guys. She is shy to be on the boards, not really her thing. I am sleeved myself so I was worried about where I would eat, since I eat such small quantities and dont want to eat in front of my sister. I guess I will figure something out.