Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Wow ladies the sizes are falling off you. I wasn't really sure what size I was' date=' due to being in 26 but all of the 26's being different, I am now in the skinny 26's. If that makes sense.

I already have a bag of clothes that are just too big also. Can't wait to fit into my skinny clothes. I have sizes all the way down to 16/18.

Just wanted to let you all know, I had a glass of wine last night, was soooo good. Took me ages to drink it but I really enjoyed it. Usually would have done the whole bottle in the same time I drunk one glass.

Has anyone tried alcohol after surgery?[/quote']

Not yet, but I am looking forward to a nice glass of red in future. Might wait for a couple of months first.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Oh my gosh you should read the flaming going on in another thread right now because someone asked if they could have a beer... Sooooo funny!!!

1ST MILESTONE REACHED!!! Exactly 3 weeks post op tomorrow and I just reached my first milestone. I'm no longer obese and I am less than 80kgs. I started at 96kg in July, was 88kg at surgery and am now 79kg (this evening, so will be perhaps less in the morning. I'm always heavier at night). I've gone from my size 16 work pants being tight (should have been an 18 but was in denial) to needing a belt. Not a 14 yet, but a belt is good. And a size 12 top if it hasn't got sleeves. Still have fat arms. I'm finding it hard to buy dresses for my shape now, but am absoloutly smitten with how my body is shrinking.

Next milestone, size 14 jeans.

Hey W2G!!! Now, why don't you try on a 14 from city chic?! Jk!!! Awesome inspiration puppy!!!

So looking forward to not needing the "curve embracer" jeans, and just being able to try on a pair of normal bootlegs. Pre op, even the 18 s wouldn't go up over my thunder thighs. I'm waiting until i know I will fit before I try on. I hate getting clothes into the fitting room and giving them back because they don't fit. I know you guys know what I'm talking about.

Thanks Shell' date=' how did the soda go? I was a big vodka, lime and soda drinker before but wasn't sure how the soda would go?[/quote']

My personal trainer said for me to try the vodka and soda as not only low in calories but will also not dehydrate me. I probably won't have a drink now for another few months as I was only a social drinker only and can go without but least I know what to drink when I do. I had no problems with it, except very sore hand muscles the next day and couldn't work out why until I remembered sipping my drink over and hour and holding onto the glass !!

Oh my gosh you should read the flaming going on in another thread right now because someone asked if they could have a beer... Sooooo funny!!!

I have seen some of the slanging in the other threads which I personally think is disgusting. It is supposed to be a support group:(. That is why I really only stay on the Aussie thread which is a fantastic support and valuable info :)

I personally would not drink beer and that is what I used to drink but the thought makes me feel ill but it is not for me to judge anyone what they wish to consume.

Congratulations puppyphat. That is awesome, I can't wait till I get down there. Quite a while for me though.

My 6 week post op weigh was this morning. I have now lost 21.5kgs. It's going slowly and I am happy. I must confess that weight loss is with no exercise. Only hot all my gym equipment sorted over the weekend. But hoping for more weigh loss now. It's hard as I can't afford the gym or pt. plus it's hard for me to get there with a 2.5 yo and husband that does nights.

Thanks Shell. Might have to try it. Have a girls night in October.

Sorry, I hit send too quick before adding I was looking at one thread about how soon post op did you have sex, well this topic turned into a war zone - totally disgusting :)

Have a great week all :). I am going to intensify my exercise this week and kick it up a notch.

21.5kgs is awesome. Is that including pre-op ?

Congratulations puppyphat. That is awesome' date=' I can't wait till I get down there. Quite a while for me though.

My 6 week post op weigh was this morning. I have now lost 21.5kgs. It's going slowly and I am happy. I must confess that weight loss is with no exercise. Only hot all my gym equipment sorted over the weekend. But hoping for more weigh loss now. It's hard as I can't afford the gym or pt. plus it's hard for me to get there with a 2.5 yo and husband that does nights.

Thanks Shell. Might have to try it. Have a girls night in October.[/quote']

Great weight loss! Congrats. I haven't really done much exercise either but intend to start this week. They say losing weight is 80% diet!

Congratulations puppyphat. That is awesome' date=' I can't wait till I get down there. Quite a while for me though.

Thanks Shell. Might have to try it. Have a girls night in October.[/quote']

21kg!!! That's awesome!!! I was a low bmi (if you can call 37 low lol) but I have always been super active. No gym or pt. same reason as you, no money and I'm a single mum. Can't justify a babysitter. I walk my daughter to school everyday which is a 3km round trip, and I work in a leagues club and am on my feet walking around all day. I knew that my weight had nothing to do with lack of exercise and everything to do with food. That's why I'm so happy with my weight loss so far. Have worked really hard for years to see no results, then in a month, drop nearly 20kgs. We are onto a very good thing here.

21kg!!! That's awesome!!! I was a low bmi (if you can call 37 low lol) but I have always been super active. No gym or pt. same reason as you' date=' no money and I'm a single mum. Can't justify a babysitter. I walk my daughter to school everyday which is a 3km round trip, and I work in a leagues club and am on my feet walking around all day. I knew that my weight had nothing to do with lack of exercise and everything to do with food. That's why I'm so happy with my weight loss so far. Have worked really hard for years to see no results, then in a month, drop nearly 20kgs. We are onto a very good thing here.[/quote']

Yep I totally agree. Good thing alright. I sit down all day at work in front of a computer, I try and move when I can also when I am home.

Hi all,

I haven't been in here for a while. I have been traveling and am just getting by/ planning one day at a time.

Glad to hear you are all doing so well with your weight loss. It is awesome early on when the weight literally falls off you, and you are all seeing that.

Today is the first time I have been shopping over here, in Oregon at the moment where they have no sales tax....so time for some new clothes. I have loved shopping, so many options. I even bought some cloths today which are a size 10 here, which is like a 12.....I actually have to try cloths on to see if they are too big...this is huge for me as I am used to only looking at the size 26 clothes and feeling disappointed when I found nothing I liked.

I am however having a hard time with food, at 11 months out I can eat more than most of you. It is hard to get good nutritious food while on the road, am trying. Can only imagne I will be putting on weight. I am trying to make sure I work out and choose physical activities, hiking, cycling. The other day I went zip lining which I LOVED..which I could never do before as I was always over the max weight....am loving being physically do everything that I want.

Good luck to you all on your continued journeys.