Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Are there any Australian Sleevers out there' date=' Would Love to hear from you.[/quote']

I'm

Australian female 18 just had my surgery on the 8th regretting it a little had nothing but troubles so far but keep telling my self it will get better. Never realized how many food adds where on the tv before either!

I'm

Australian female 18 just had my surgery on the 8th regretting it a little had nothing but troubles so far but keep telling my self it will get better. Never realized how many food adds where on the tv before either!

Hey lozzard, welcome to the page, we are all here to help or just listen if you need.

That's sucks about your troubles, hope things start to get better for you.

Hi Lozzad. I know what you mean. First week post op and I was watching every cooking show in TV. food was everywhere. The sight, sound and smell of it...

It does get easier. One day at a time. I'm 25 days post op. Good luck with your recovery.

I'm

Hi, I was done on the 13th, so you're a bit further than me.

"nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". I say this to myself whenever I want something I used to love, so about 237,000 times a day. I may just get it tattooed on my wrist, like a rubber band you snap when you think about it. Hopefully once we get to eating normal food, we find we don't want crap anymore, like some of the others here.

Chin up. This too shall pass.

Hi all,

Still reading along every day and living all the info and tips coming from you all :)

I have a question, when I was banded I got really awful pains in my right shoulder from the gas they use to inflate you for surgery. I've been told by my doc that it'll need to be done again and I'm so scared of the pain again! Wondering if any of you experienced it? Not sure if it's a common thing or I was just unlucky last time..

Start Optifast tomorrow - bit worried as I've picked up a nasty cold and would normally be fixing it with veg and chicken Soups and lots of honey tea and veg juice... Not so great to have on optifast! If anyone has a good remedie let me know! Really want to get better so my surgerys not delayed. September 5th - eek getting close now!

Cheers,

Susie

Hi all' date='

Still reading along every day and living all the info and tips coming from you all :)

I have a question, when I was banded I got really awful pains in my right shoulder from the gas they use to inflate you for surgery. I've been told by my doc that it'll need to be done again and I'm so scared of the pain again! Wondering if any of you experienced it? Not sure if it's a common thing or I was just unlucky last time..

Start Optifast tomorrow - bit worried as I've picked up a nasty cold and would normally be fixing it with veg and chicken Soups and lots of honey tea and veg juice... Not so great to have on optifast! If anyone has a good remedie let me know! Really want to get better so my surgerys not delayed. September 5th - eek getting close now!

Cheers,

Susie[/quote']

Hi Susie, i had my sleeve last Tuesday, pumped full of gas and experienced none of the dreaded shoulder pain thank goodness. I gather it's the exception rather than the rule to experience this.

Whie on pre op opti i was allowed as much non starch vege & salad as i wanted. (excludes potato, rice, sweet potato,root ege etc. pumpkin, pease, carrot & corn limited tototal of ine cup a day combined) if you are feeling under the weather, make up a pot of vege Soup with chicken stock. It will work a tret and fill you up.

Good luck for your op. Are you eing re banded or have you seen the light and getting a sleeve?

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hi Susie, welcome to the forum. The gas and surgery are all part of the package unfortunately. I experienced gas pain but only in my upper diaphragm. Nothing in my shoulders, however, all of my friends had shoulder pain.

The only thing I can suggest is too take your pain relief and walk as much as you can as soon as you can. Preferably a few hours after op.

Hopefully your cold won't stick around too long. Are you on full liquids or 2 opti and 1 meal per day? If its the latter you could probably still have your chicken Soup :)

Hi, Roma St Station is on city side of River. The museum, beach etc is at Southbank on south side. See you in Saturday.

Lol!!! I remember now :) caught bus to south bank, can't remember what- oh yeah, Roma street is where I go to catch coach/train to Sydney!!! Lol- never been outside Roma station before!!!

Dont worry,

I'll find my way!!!!

Hi Susie' date=' i had my sleeve last Tuesday, pumped full of gas and experienced none of the dreaded shoulder pain thank goodness. I gather it's the exception rather than the rule to experience this.

Whie on pre op opti i was allowed as much non starch vege & salad as i wanted. (excludes potato, rice, sweet potato,root ege etc. pumpkin, pease, carrot & corn limited tototal of ine cup a day combined) if you are feeling under the weather, make up a pot of vege Soup with chicken stock. It will work a tret and fill you up.

Good luck for your op. Are you eing re banded or have you seen the light and getting a sleeve?

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Getting sleeved! Had really great success with the band but it all went down hill after a slip... I'm doing the three shakes a day and at least two cups of Optifast friendly veggies. My sister (and housemate) is being crazy supportive and doing it with me! She's a gem :)

Hoping to dodge the shoulder pain this time - it was awful last time and there was nothing I could do for it - just wait it out!

Am I allowed stock and stuff with opti?? It's been a while since I did it with the band but I remember not being allowed much at all..

Hi Susie' date=' welcome to the forum. The gas and surgery are all part of the package unfortunately. I experienced gas pain but only in my upper diaphragm. Nothing in my shoulders, however, all of my friends had shoulder pain.

The only thing I can suggest is too take your pain relief and walk as much as you can as soon as you can. Preferably a few hours after op.

Hopefully your cold won't stick around too long. Are you on full liquids or 2 opti and 1 meal per day? If its the latter you could probably still have your chicken Soup :)[/quote']

3 for me so I guess my soup's out of the question :( will just keep rocking the codral, rest and Water and hope its run it's course by sleeve day!

That's a good tip with the walking, I'll keep that in mind! If it's anything like how I was post band, post band-adjustment and then post band removal, I dare say it'll be a little walk! Lol

Bleh - not looking forward to the anesthetic :( I think it's what scares me the most!

Getting sleeved! Had really great success with the band but it all went down hill after a slip... I'm doing the three shakes a day and at least two cups of Optifast friendly veggies. My sister (and housemate) is being crazy supportive and doing it with me! She's a gem :)

Hoping to dodge the shoulder pain this time - it was awful last time and there was nothing I could do for it - just wait it out!

Am I allowed stock and stuff with opti?? It's been a while since I did it with the band but I remember not being allowed much at all..

Hi Susie

Great that you are getting the sleeve now ad congratulations on your previos success withthe band. I am sure you will be appier with the less complicated sleeve.

I took DGas with me to hospital but didn't need it.

Stock was allowed for me during pre-op. either home made or bought liquid or cube. I used to hae a cube in Water as a Soup. I was also allowed up to one cup berries per day which were nice blended into shakes and put into diet jelly for variety.

Were are you based?

Hi Susie

I had heard all about the gas pains and obviously expected this when undergoing my surgery, but thankfully I did not experience this so very happy :)

My best friend whom also works with me wanted to support me on opti stage. So sweet of people being so supportive - she only lasted the week and had to give up. I think if you know you have to do it for your op, then you soldier through it ok. It mustn't have been that bad as I am 4 weeks post op and have an opti shake for Breakfast 6 days per week.

Good luck with your flu - time is ticking down for you know, I would have rathered to have my op with the effects of the flu instead of day 2 of the dreaded monthly visitors. Was a nightmare having to deal with that in hospital :(

Hi Susie

I had heard all about the gas pains and obviously expected this when undergoing my surgery' date=' but thankfully I did not experience this so very happy :)

My best friend whom also works with me wanted to support me on opti stage. So sweet of people being so supportive - she only lasted the week and had to give up. I think if you know you have to do it for your op, then you soldier through it ok. It mustn't have been that bad as I am 4 weeks post op and have an opti shake for Breakfast 6 days per week.

Good luck with your flu - time is ticking down for you know, I would have rathered to have my op with the effects of the flu instead of day 2 of the dreaded monthly visitors. Was a nightmare having to deal with that in hospital :([/quote']

Morning Shelley, you poor thing! Glad I avoided that complication. I do ave Constipation though. Been once in 8 days on day 4 and nithing since. Having 3 tablespoons of Benefibre each day, but need soethng else. Any tips???

No sorry Kelli - didn't have an issue with that