Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Yes' date=' my stomach makes all sorts of noises. Yesterday at work. The office was so quiet as there were only a few if us there and in the silence all I could hear were these weird sounds coming from stomach :/

Definitely take Multivitamin as may help with energy levels.

I know we are watching calories but lets face it, we simply cannot eat/ drink what we used to. For a quick Protein fix, I'm going to suggest Feel Good 375ml ice coffee. Its 157 calories (so on par with most other shakes), 15grams of Protein , 1.9 grams fat and 19.5grams carbs. I know the carbs sounds high but when liquid is your only food source, I think this drink is perfect. Kept it icey cold and it goes down really well.

I got sick last night. Really bad upset stomach. It was either the tofu I ate or the 2 sugar fee chews. Either way I'm steering clear of both of those.

[/quote']

Sorry to hear you were sick. Was it nausea or vomiting? I want to avoid throwing up if I can. Do you think you won't be able to eat these things ever, or just at the moment?

No vomiting, although I felt as though I was going to. My intestines / stomach were churning and then I got a severe bout of diarrhea. Not pleasant.

I'm not sure about that but lets just say at this stage I'm not going to eat two foods again :) It might be totally unrelated but I have been eating exactly the same foods each day for the past 11 days. Just thought I would add some tofu last night, followed by a couple of chews and boy did I pay for it.

No vomiting' date=' although I felt as though I was going to. My intestines / stomach were churning and then I got a severe bout of diarrhea. Not pleasant.

I'm not sure about that but lets just say at this stage I'm not going to eat two foods again :) It might be totally unrelated but I have been eating exactly the same foods each day for the past 11 days. Just thought I would add some tofu last night, followed by a couple of chews and boy did I pay for it.[/quote']

Oh dear what a learning process we all have to look forward to!

Wow Kayargh' date=' that is really disappointing with your super. They have legislative processing times that they have to comply with. If that was me I would be calling them every/twice a day as that is so unacceptable to have you waiting this long. My friend had the same response at day 10 of how she will pay the balance that her super did not cover so she had to put in a stat dec saying her next couple of pays and a small loan from family member but was then approved pretty quickly then,

I really hope you get the approval soon :) When is your surgery date?

Shelley[/quote']

It has been disappointing Shelley. I had to write a stat dec for a small loan too, I think I may need to be more vocal with them! I am hoping for a surgery date of the 25th September as my girls will be at my sisters farm for two weeks of school hols. This will give me time to recover to an extent as I do not want them to know of course. My eldest has a mild form of autism and has high levels of anxiety. If she thinks I might be unwell at all it will really affect her. She has huge separation anxiety- but is fine with my sister as we are all so close - and fears I will die and leave her here alone....she is only 11.

No vomiting' date=' although I felt as though I was going to. My intestines / stomach were churning and then I got a severe bout of diarrhea. Not pleasant.

I'm not sure about that but lets just say at this stage I'm not going to eat two foods again :) It might be totally unrelated but I have been eating exactly the same foods each day for the past 11 days. Just thought I would add some tofu last night, followed by a couple of chews and boy did I pay for it.[/quote']

Tofu always goes right through me, I've just never been able to tolerate it. Which is a shame, because I would like to be able to eat it more. It is always worse if I haven't had it for ages and then have it as the main Protein in a meal. I know this won't help you now, but maybe your stomach is just letting you know it can't handle that at the moment.

I just mixed 1 petite mium yoghurt with 1 cup of milk and had half this morning and will have the other half tomorrow. It felt really good. Nice and thin, lightly flavoured, and it had coated my stomach without giving me the chest pain. I am finding it easier to drink shakes in the evening than in the morning, anybody else find this?

Thanks puppyphat. That's actually the first time I've ever eaten tofu. It will be the last :)

Glad your liquid is going down better. Each day does get easier... All trial and error for awhile :)

Tofu always goes right through me, I've just never been able to tolerate it. Which is a shame, because I would like to be able to eat it more. It is always worse if I haven't had it for ages and then have it as the main Protein in a meal. I know this won't help you now, but maybe your stomach is just letting you know it can't handle that at the moment.

I just mixed 1 petite mium yoghurt with 1 cup of milk and had half this morning and will have the other half tomorrow. It felt really good. Nice and thin, lightly flavoured, and it had coated my stomach without giving me the chest pain. I am finding it easier to drink shakes in the evening than in the morning, anybody else find this?

My stomach starts making all sorts of noises in the morning. I really don't know if it is hungry as prior to my surgery I never ate Breakfast so don't know what is happening. Lately I have been having an opti shake that gets me through to lunch except today was 1 egg and cottage cheese scrambled with 3 small mushrooms - delicious. Yesterday after our walk family ate their weekly takeaway at McDonald's for lunch and I was amazed that I had no interest in that food and got myself a small apple juice instead.

Weighed myself today - 1 day short of 1 month post op and very happy with my 10kgs loss since surgery day. My aim was 10kgs a month if possible and I know this will not be the case as everyone is different but least I can say it was for my first month.

It has been disappointing Shelley. I had to write a stat dec for a small loan too' date=' I think I may need to be more vocal with them! I am hoping for a surgery date of the 25th September as my girls will be at my sisters farm for two weeks of school hols. This will give me time to recover to an extent as I do not want them to know of course. My eldest has a mild form of autism and has high levels of anxiety. If she thinks I might be unwell at all it will really affect her. She has huge separation anxiety- but is fine with my sister as we are all so close - and fears I will die and leave her here alone....she is only 11.[/quote']

I had my children and my husband overseas when I had my op as I just wanted to recover without having to worry about them and the perfect opportunity arose when my hubby's mother came down ill so I made the decision to send them all to Samoa as I really didn't want to be cooking etc for the family and wanted to just relax and get through this. I must say it did allow me to do nothing except lie around and go for little walks.

I totally understand how you wouldn't want to give your daughter the extra anxiety of you going for this op and nice that she can feel safe at your sisters so perfect opportunity to get your surgery done at this time. Least you have a bit of time to sort out your super then allow another 7 days or so for super company to release the funds:)

Having my first fizzy drink in almost 2 months (Coke Zero) and whilst it's going down OK, feels funny in my stomach.

Next Saturday check! In going to a reflexology appointment at 9am so plenty of time to get into the city... Let me know where :)

Also, saw bikes near central- are there any nice peddle paths around Brissy?!

Next Saturday check! In going to a reflexology appointment at 9am so plenty of time to get into the city... Let me know where :)

Also' date=' saw bikes near central- are there any nice peddle paths around Brissy?![/quote']

Yes heaps.

Oh that would be great one day, a ride around Brissy :) although my bums still too big to be comfy on a bike lol!!!

Oh that would be great one day' date=' a ride around Brissy :) although my bums still too big to be comfy on a bike lol!!![/quote']

I too think that is great. A bike ride around kangaroo point followed by a nice lunch somewhere. Something we can all do one day at a meet-up

Isn't it incredible even to "like" the idea of exercise?! I really the sleeve must secretly be brain surgery!!!

I too think that is great. A bike ride around kangaroo point followed by a nice lunch somewhere. Something we can all do one day at a meet-up

Shelley, Cookeeeeez is joining us next Saturday afternoon. What about at the cafe called Melange at Roma St Parklands at 2.00pm especially if Cookeeeeez may come by train?