Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

My dietician told me that if I wasn't able to drink 3 shakes, to make them with low fat milk, that way I'm still getting good Protein even if I'm only having 1ish. They taste Sooo much better with milk, but it makes them a bit thicker.

Lol at caramello koala!!! I have fallen in love with sesame snaps w dark choc on top- really have to be careful not to eat them (three in each individual pack) everyday! Although I suppose they're better than a whole giant bowl of icecream....

Congrats on surgery kelliv!!! You're making me yum for broccoli soup!!! And LOL @ your boobs!!! I've been saying that for weeks' date=' mine just keep getting smaller, butas my body is starting to catch up I actually like them smaller :) because of weight loss I am starting to come off the heavy painkillers for my leg pain from bulging disc but still can't let up- wish my surgery were soon but will have to be patient!

I would love to meet up but as am not sleeved yet I would probably eat/drink sooooo much compared to you guys! Although you'd probably keep me motivated!!!

I was a cow to my skinny sis for getting plastic surgery but sometimes I think if the skin really got in my way I'd do something about it... Not sure but I'll keep more of an open mind than before...

Love you guys, congrats all, and welcome to the newbies!!![/quote']

Cookeeeeez, if you in or near Brisbane, we would lve to meet up. It will be practice for the rest of us in a social situation. We understand you are not yet sleeved, but we are all at various stages in our journey. Glad to hear your pain is reducing.

My dietician told me that if I wasn't able to drink 3 shakes' date=' to make them with low fat milk, that way I'm still getting good Protein even if I'm only having 1ish. They taste Sooo much better with milk, but it makes them a bit thicker.[/quote']

That's why he told me to drink only half at a time, as they thicken up if you don't drink in a few minutes. I think i will stick with Water as done want calories of milk.

New fave workout song - Some Nights by FUN. Anyone else have a fave? I am looking to put a playlist together :)

I am feeling increasingly frustrated regarding my super. I handed in my forms on the 22nd of June, received a letter on the 11th July to say they required a new quote as I didn't have enough super after tax to pay for surgery. I then rang them to clarify what was required and they said that they get over 1000 applications a month for super and its going to take a while. Have handed that what was required in and have still not heard anything! It's been almost 2 months!!

I'm not really bothered by the extra calories of the milk ATM, today, my total calories consumed was less than 200. I'm just trying to boost my Protein. I think I'll try mixing some yoghurt with milk tomorrow to make it runny and see how that goes down. My biggest problem is that I don't really want food and get fed up with the tiny sips. Really feeling the lack of energy now though so I know I have to try.

I'm in Caboolture and don't mind the schlep into Brissy :) I'm also a new qldr so it would be good to see some new sites!!!

Yes I suppose it would be good practice @ eating/drinking in social sits but without any weirdness from someone who doesn't understand the challenges of postop

I'm in Caboolture and don't mind the schlep into Brissy :) I'm also a new qldr so it would be good to see some new sites!!!

Yes I suppose it would be good practice @ eating/drinking in social sits but without any weirdness from someone who doesn't understand the challenges of postop

Great, put next Saturday early afternoon in your diary a

Are you taking a Multivitamin?

I'm not really bothered by the extra calories of the milk ATM, today, my total calories consumed was less than 200. I'm just trying to boost my Protein. I think I'll try mixing some yoghurt with milk tomorrow to make it runny and see how that goes down. My biggest problem is that I don't really want food and get fed up with the tiny sips. Really feeling the lack of energy now though so I know I have to try.

Are you taking a Multivitamin?

I was until the op, but aven't restarted yet. I am getting my blood pressure tablet down no problem so will start back on multi today. Thanks for the reminder.

Couldn't gt to sleep until midnight, woke at 3.17am and could not get back to sleep since then. Unusual for me. My tummy makes loud gurgling noises when i drink andeven sometimes when i am not. Did yours?

I'm taking the multi the clinic sold me, it's a chewable/ suck-able one that they say is complete. I'm going to get an Iron supplement today. Recommend any?

My tummy makes loud gurgling noises when i drink andeven sometimes when i am not. Did yours?

My tummy does that and still does now, it is quite random as to why nowadays...but still normal.

I am feeling increasingly frustrated regarding my super. I handed in my forms on the 22nd of June' date=' received a letter on the 11th July to say they required a new quote as I didn't have enough super after tax to pay for surgery. I then rang them to clarify what was required and they said that they get over 1000 applications a month for super and its going to take a while. Have handed that what was required in and have still not heard anything! It's been almost 2 months!![/quote']

Wow Kayargh, that is really disappointing with your super. They have legislative processing times that they have to comply with. If that was me I would be calling them every/twice a day as that is so unacceptable to have you waiting this long. My friend had the same response at day 10 of how she will pay the balance that her super did not cover so she had to put in a stat dec saying her next couple of pays and a small loan from family member but was then approved pretty quickly then,

I really hope you get the approval soon :) When is your surgery date?

Shelley

Yes, my stomach makes all sorts of noises. Yesterday at work. The office was so quiet as there were only a few if us there and in the silence all I could hear were these weird sounds coming from stomach :/

Definitely take Multivitamin as may help with energy levels.

I know we are watching calories but lets face it, we simply cannot eat/ drink what we used to. For a quick Protein fix, I'm going to suggest Feel Good 375ml ice coffee. Its 157 calories (so on par with most other shakes), 15grams of Protein , 1.9 grams fat and 19.5grams carbs. I know the carbs sounds high but when liquid is your only food source, I think this drink is perfect. Kept it icey cold and it goes down really well.

I got sick last night. Really bad upset stomach. It was either the tofu I ate or the 2 sugar fee chews. Either way I'm steering clear of both of those.