Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today Is the 7th day of broth and I'm about to go crazy. I can't stomach it anymore. I'm so tempted to try mash potatoes but yet I'm so afraid. I was sleeved on April 16th, and I have my follow up on tomorrow. Will it hurt to drink a Atkins Protein Shake?

What broth did you get?

All kinds however, the good thing is that my doctor does not do purée food he allows his patients to eat mushy food. He believes you can purée the soft foods in your mouth by chewing the food good enough.

Any brand in particular I am having a real hard one finding broth that are low in sodium

I was having Protein Drinks as soon as I got home, ask your dr and see what he says. The broth didnt do it for me either...boring!

I had Protein Shakes from the day I got home too.

Today Is the 7th day of broth and I'm about to go crazy. I can't stomach it anymore. I'm so tempted to try mash potatoes but yet I'm so afraid. I was sleeved on April 16th, and I have my follow up on tomorrow. Will it hurt to drink a Atkins Protein shake?

This is what is on the menu for me for day 2 thru 7

Start full liquid items slowly as tolerated:

Skim milk

v-8 juice

low fat blenderized. strained Soups

fat-free, sugar free yogurt plain without fruit

fat free sugar free pudding

thinned cream of wheat or oatmeal

Protein powder or non fat dry milk may be added to Soups and cereals to meet Protein needs

It depends on your doctor

If you are buying packs or tins of commercially made broth, you could always try making your own to see if you enjoy that more. I couldn't stomach the broth they gave me in the hospital (it looked like dirty washing-up Water without the bubbles but with dubious looking bits on the bottom and tasted just as good).

I am now staying with a friend and when the commercially made broth I had brought with me turned out to have been made by the same fair hand as the hospital stuff, she set to and made me an believably delicious broth, boiling a whole chicken with veggies, spices and lots of tasty bits and pieces. She strained the wonderful broth for me and after I had had some for lunch and some more for dinner, she and the children ate the rest of it with the chicken and all the other goodies. I'm looking forward to another batch tomorrow!

So you could have a go at making your own if you aren't already. If you live on your own, as I do, and don't have anyone to enjoy the chicken once you have removed it from the broth, you could shred it and freeze it for when you are eventually able to eat solids. It should be tender and palatable, since it's been cooked in liquid.< /p>

broth trick: Strain campbells Soup and drink the broth. Has WAY much more flavor than the think Swanson brand stuff

I would mix a little spice in with it. Tomato juice as well but I was allowed that as well. I just found plain broth yucky. The best broth was at the mexican place my coordinator took me too.... had a little kick to it. not super spicy but oh , so flavourful. Could have been the week of no food before that though lol

I am one week post op and I was able to add creamed Soups, shakes and drinkable yogurt after day 4. I buy the Activia drinkable yogurt cause lord knows I need the fiber... LOL I also buy the Campbells creamy Tomato Soup that comes in the sippable can. I feel fabulous!!! :)

Thanks guys for your input!

I thought the broth I had in the hospital was awesome! I guess I was just starving. The broth i've been getting at the grocery store doesn't compare.

I just made some broth at first it was awful so I added some seasonings and sweet peppers then strained it and it is very good I can drink it now.

I was having a hard time with it but I now know what to do after the surgery next week. Yay I can hardly wait one week from Thursday :)

Progressive makes a low sodium sante fe style Soup. I strain it and drink the broth. SO GOOD!!!