Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reality Check! Someone Kick Me In The Head!

I have read alot of stories about peeps getting sick and getting the slimes...Well NOT ME...I got this sleeve thing all figured out...right??

WRONG!!! I have been slipping a lot more lately, pretty much eating what i want (much smaller portions of course), drinking what I want (Beer, diet drinks, coffe etc) because I got this sleeve thing all figured out..right?? WRONG...

REALITY CHECK...I spent about 5-10 minutes getting slimed last night...I NEED A SWIFT KICK IN THE HEAD....and need to get back on track!!

I have to remember this sleeve is NOT a get of jail free card...I have to contantly work for this tool to work!!

Can't do anything about the past, I can only affect the future...time to keep plugging away, hour by hour, day by day!!!

Have a great weekend fellow sleevers!!

surgery date: oct 12, 2011

weight.png

Hi,

Well, you have named what you have done wrong. That is half the battle right there. NO one is perfect. Most of us have fallen off the wagon more than once. Here is the good news. Today is a new day and learn to forgive yourself for what you did and start all over.

First of all get rid of the things that have tempted you to fall of the wagon. Toss them out, give them away, but GET THEM OUT OF YOUR HOME. Go back to drinking a lot of Water. I noticed a few weeks ago I was NOT drinking as much Water as I used to. So I got a great Acrylic double walled drinking glass with a acrylic straw and a screw on lid. I have that drinking glass almost every place I go, and I am always drinking water. I got tired of plain water so I found some flavors of Crystal Light that I like. And by the way Crystal Light now has some mixes that have caffeine so if you are missing the caffeine, you can get it in Crystal Light. I also discovered something else new to add to my water and that is Mioenergy--it is a concentrate in a small bottle. It is usually located in the store where the Crystal light is. It is in a small black plastic container with a flip top lid. You put a couple of squirts of the flavoring in 16 oz. of water add some ice cubes and it is good to go. I loved this stuff too.

Sit down and figure out some things that you can have around to eat when you start grazing or want to eat in between meals. Planning ahead will help with your success. You have all the tools, now it is time to take your power and control back.

You take control of the brain and stop allowing the thought foods to control you. Our brains play UGLY tricks on us. You have to take back the control and you be in charge of the food. Remember this easy equation. Calories in Calories out. So your goal is to keep your calories at about 800 to 900 per day. If you track everything that goes into your body then you know if you need to do some extra exercise to burn those extra calories up to be between 800 and 900 calories per day. Go for a nice long walk--about 1 hour. Watch your carbs. Carbs were and always will be my down fall. When I was losing weight I kept my carbs at about 20 - 25 per day.

You have to have self talks with yourself all the time. Do you just WANT the food or do you NEED the food--remember the ugly tricks our brain will play on us. Most of the time it is a "want." For me it really helped when I wrote every thing down that I ate. There are some great Web Site that you can use for free to keep track of your food and exercise.

Hang in there stop being so hard on yourself. Today is a new day; make this be the day you take back the control over the food.

Hugs,

Suzanne

LOL.. I could have written this same post a few weeks ago.. after having too many buttery nipples (drinks!! LOL)... and later when I attempted to go to bed, I woke up choking on massive amounts of acid and slime!!! Sleevina reminded me who was in charge!!!!

I know it's off topic, BUT buttery nipples are intriguing to say the least. What's in the drink?

Btw, I HATE the slimed. Had them three times from either chewing too quickly or eating meat that was too dense. They truly are a pain in the A! At least we are figuring out how to avoid them. Best of luck!

Im cracking myself up. Sorry I'm a goober. I don't hate the slimed. I hate the slimes. My darn phone is autocorrecting.

When I was a bartender, we called them slippery nipples.

There are many varieties, but for the most part, Bailey's and a butterscotch liquour.

Sambucca (SP?) and Bailey's, too.

You layer them with a cherry and then put the cherry in for the ... uh ... nipple.

Pretty much!! I can't stand Sambuca!!! Good for when you have a cold or something!! Bailey's and Butterscotch.... keep the cherry...

Mmmm, that sounds tasty. I'm not a regular drinker though. I average about three drinking "events" a year. My hubby and I take turns being the DD. He's more of a drinker than I am. Anywho, I am going to have to at least try this one when I am brave enough to drink (it's way too early for me to even think about doing this). Thanks for the ingredients!