Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thread Killers

Okay, you need to fill me in. Who are these people Tom and Ron?

I usually just go to new posts and have never really

gone straight to rants and raves. Are they deleting posts

in there? What's going on?

TOM is "Tired Old Man" He was a great contributor to the forum and brought some very interesting controversial subjects to the table, but he stopped posting a few months ago. I think he mentioned that he got a little busy in his personal life.

Ron Cusano was a conservative religious fellow who started the thread "Anti-Semitism in France," which allowed all of us to rant about religion for a few months. It was quite a lively debate.

As for deleting posts, I really have not paid any attention to that if the moderators have done that. I don't have any problem with the moderators and generally find them to be quite tolerant. When I mentioned the "thought police" I was speaking about members of this forum who have raked me over the coals for discussing some controversial topics. I've been told on a number of occassions that my posts are in "bad taste" and should be deleted. I find that type of attitude pretty ridiculous, but in any event, sometimes it is just not worth the trouble dealing with the bile that comes my way so I don't bother posting.

The overall forum and moderators are fine as far as I'm concerned, it's just the "thought police" that irritate me sometimes.

That's the story from my point of view.

Hey, thanks for filling me in. I think people should just keep their fingers (mouths) shut. If they don't like what you have posted, they can click on

the next one, they don't have to say stuff like that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If they don't agree with it, all they have to say is I agree to disagree.

I am going to have to ck out the rants and raves!

I am going to have to ck out the rants and raves!

You definitely should. When in good form, the Rants and Raves section competes favorably with a Barrel of Monkeys.

Rant & Raves is my favourite hangout but it has been awful damn bland lately. :bored I have been missing the always interesting TOM greatly, and I miss the wisdom of Carlene, too. And our chief creationist seems to be MIA. Hell, even Lee4 seems to have dropped out of sight. :phanvan Why oh why has everyone jumped off the merry-go-round? :)Green is so sad these days. *sob*

Perhaps they will all return in the fall. In the meantime, it is up to you, marjon and DerickM, to start up a little action.... Please, eh. :heh:

I noticed Carlene hasn't been around. Does anyone know why?

She could not handle my superior logic and reasoning. Quite sad really....a nice lady but...a little off in the head.

(now, that should bring her running back with guns loaded. HeHeHe)

If this has already been mentioned, I apologize. I didnt want to read the millions of posts in this thread.

What really annoys me is the people who are constantly whining that there insurance company is making them wait or making them do this or do that, or that they have to pay for some of there own fills.

If they want surgery quickly and do not want to jump through hoops, then PAY CASH.

Now, Derick, even though you amuse me a big bunch and I am kinda nuts about you I find myself sitting in the opposite corner of the room when it comes to your assessment of Carlene. I have always taken great pleasure in her posts. She has always taken care to supply us with much fascinating information and she was always respectful of the opinions of others who posted. I have very, very high cards for Carlene. She stood her ground but was always open to examining the viewpoints of others.

I was being a smartass my dear green. Figured if i tweaked her nose a bit she would rejoin us.

I always enjoyed debating with carlene as well.

She could not handle my superior logic and reasoning. Quite sad really....a nice lady but...a little off in the head.

(now, that should bring her running back with guns loaded. HeHeHe)

Oops! My bad! I didn't read the fine print! :) I am not only blonde but I am old, too! :bounce:Hey! They brought Mister Bounce back! :biggrin1:

Yep, I miss Carlene too, and Leatha....even TOM has not made an appearance in a long while.

Where'd they all go????

Kat

maybe we should put a shout out to Carlene in the main section.

she seems to be MIA.

maybe we should put a shout out to Carlene in the main section.

she seems to be MIA.

A very good idea, and one to Leatha, too. There was a shout out to TOM but he hasn't replied. Alas! :cry

All ya gotta do to get some of those folks engaged is to open a thread entitled something like.... "The Beatles are more popular than God" or "Thank God that abortions save lives" or "The Bible is passe" or to really drag them out of the woodwork..."Does anyone feel orgasms in their port?" :bounce:

As for the Ron Crusano comment Mark, good grief man, bite your tongue! :speechles