Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG don't yell @ me but...

hehe,

I have never had Tomato Soup before, and the other night my son ordered Tomato basil Soup from middle Eastern pace we were eating.

Anyhow I took a bite and LOVED it! I'm so mad I didn't have this for my liquid phase after banding!!!

Anyhow, it's new to me and I love it and I tend to overdo things when I find something I like LOL

I've have tomato basil soup for Breakfast @ 8 AM, lunch , and dinner 8:30 pm! With b~fast and lunch I had grilled cheese w/ the soup.

LOL

I'm addicted

I always thought tomato soup would taste like tomato paste or V8...but it's good!

Nana~

:heh: Tomato Soup is the one reason I am not going insane with my stress tightened band at the moment!

Try it with fat free sour cream and parmasan cheese ((drool)) Oh, and crusty, grainy toast....

Ohh, I know what I am having for dinner now! :hungry:

Yumm, it's my fav. Soup. I ike to make it with whole milk ( i know but it just dosen't taste the same with Water or skim). It's sooo good

:heh: Tomato Soup is the one reason I am not going insane with my stress tightened band at the moment!

Try it with fat free sour cream and parmasan cheese ((drool)) Oh, and crusty, grainy toast....

Ohh, I know what I am having for dinner now! :hungry:

Tomato Soup is my all time fav...........sour cream? Parmesan cheese? ?? omg I have to try that!!! I usually have mine in a mug and drink it....goes good with the grilled cheese. Hmmm can I eat grilled cheese (ever) after having a band??? (i know not right away...just wondering if I have to lick it---i mean kiss it goodbye.......LOL:p

If you have a Trader Joe's near you, try their boxed Tomato and Roasted red pepper Soup. I never liked Tomato Soup, and I hate peppers, but right after banding, I was so hungry. Someone turned me on to this wonderful soup. I had some today because I got a MAJOR golf ball last night that didn't go away until this afternoon. I soothed my poor stomach with it.

Oh, this is making me crave homemade Tomato Soup. Do you think I can substitute cream cheese for the sour cream? I have yet to see sour cream here except homemade in a restaurant one time. BTW - the cream cheese is about $7 for a container the size of a small yogurt! I have to start liking Malawian food - corn meal mush - yuck!!

For sour cream substitute, try taking cream cheese or cottage cheese, and blending it smooth with lemon juice. No sour cream here in France either, but lemon juice works well (even added to thick fresh cream).

Deana.

Tomato Soup and grilled cheese...FOOD OF THE GOD'S". That's a regular meal around here in the winter especially. I've tried it with chees, but never sour cream. I'll have to give that a try.

Yes, that sounds good!

I eat mine with crispy toasted cheese sandwich.

I seen in good house keeping magazine, said to drizzle yogurt over the top of it.

Nana~

With my Tomato Soup I put basil, minced garlic and a table spoon of ricotta cheese along with some parmasian on the top. Reminds me of meatless lasagna without the pasta! It's SOOOOO good! MMMMMMmmmm

I never considered Tomato Soup either, but y'all are making it sound so good and I am getting so hungry during this liquid phase I've just got to get me some!! Thanks for the tip.

pizza Soup

2 cans (14-1/2 oz each)diced tomatoes

2 cans (10-3/4 oz each)canned Tomato Soup, undiluted

2-1/2 cups of Water

1 package of (3-1/2 oz) pepperoni, quartered

1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped

1 medium sweet green pepper, chopped

1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (or canned)

2 garlic cloves, minced

1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage

1/2 teaspoon dried basil

1/2 teaspoon oregano

salt and pepper to taste

10 slices of French bread, toasted

1-1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese

In a dutch oven or soup kettle, bring tomatoes, soup and Water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Mash with a potato masher. Add the pepperoni, red and green peppers, mushrooms, garlic, sage, basil, oregano, Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegies are tender. Ladle into ovenproof bowls. Top each with a slice of bread and sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4 inches from the heat until cheese is melted.

I put in ground beef also to make it more meaty. Left off the bread too.

I found a recipe on Taste of Home website and tried it.

If you love pizza this is for you. I had to give up pizza but this is such a great substitute. I based mine loosely on the recipe but it is so good. Try it you will love it!:)

You really have to watch the Tomato Soup. It is VERY high in sodium and sugars. I have a can of ready to eat Campbell's Tomato Soup that is packaged with a plastic lid to heat it in the microwave with which implies to me it is one serving but NOOOO it is 2 servings according to the package. It has 220 calories, 48 carbs, 38 grams of sugar and 1580 mg of sodium!!!!!!! Add cheese, cour cream and a grilled cheeses sandwhich to it and your really in trouble!!! I discovered this when I actually gained weight on my preop liquid diet because of all the V8 juice and tomato soup I was eating. All that sodium really makes you retain Water and I had such swollen legs and even my fingers were puffy!!! The only advantage to it is it has only one gram of fat for the whole can. But I can't bring myself to eat it now!!!