Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 10-13 Sleevers... How Are You Doing?

I was sleeved on Saturday, 2/11 so I figured I would post a range for those of us that are around 2 months out from surgery. How is everyone doing?

Do you have any foods that you can't eat? Anything strange happening at 2 months out?

I cannot eat any sweets without getting what I call "dumping syndrome." Also, lettuce doesnt sit well with me... it felt like it got stuck in my old pouch area and I had to bring it back up to get relief... wont be trying that for a while!

:)

Hey Amy ! I was sleeved 2/13 and I'm doing great - I can eat anything I want, just not a lot of it which is exactly what I wanted to achieve. I have to be careful to eat the right things and it does take some thought and planning to get enough Protein in each day but all in all, this is the best "dieting" experience I have ever had - I don't feel deprived, I'm certainly not hungry, and I CAN'T fail ! Very cool :lol:

That is awesome!! I am keeping track of the foods that dont sit well with my sleevie and trying them again once I am further out... lettuce still doesnt like me! :(

thanks for posting and keep rockin' that sleeve! You are doing great!!!

eggs do me in- no matter how they are cooked. The easiest things for me to eat are broiled haddock and Dole's frozen fruit popsicles. I actually had to go shopping last Saturday and am down two sizes in pants and one size on top. To others looking at me, I probably still look fat, but when I look in the mirror and see 43 pounds gone, I can see a BIG difference and feel so much better. A real test this week, I am in LA for a week long series of meetings and eating three meals a day with colleagues. So far, first dinner went okay, it tasted so good that I just wish I could have eaten more, but didn't.

I was sleeved on 2/14. I can eat anything I want just not very much of it. Some days I feel like I can hardly eat anything and other days I wonder if I'm eating too much. I track my calories and I've been doing really well but wish I was losing more. I have had a great recovery from surgery and no issues at all. I've lost 24 pounds since surgery and I feel like it should be more but I am down 2 sizes in pants and one size in tops.

I was sleeved on Feb. 22nd. I am down 37 lbs since preop diet. I am starting to notice the weight loss when I sit because I am losing my booty!

That pretty much sucks!

I can eat scrambled eggs and bacon (if I break it up in tiny pieces). I can not eat breads or pastas yet. I am still, mostly, on puree foods. tuna is in heavy rotation in my diet. I tried to eat baked chicken, but it feels like its sitting on my chest.

Overall, I am satisfied with my progress. Keep the updates coming!

I was sleeved on Feb. 22nd. I am down 37 lbs since preop diet. I am starting to notice the weight loss when I sit because I am losing my booty!

That pretty much sucks!

I can eat scrambled eggs and bacon (if I break it up in tiny pieces). I can not eat breads or pastas yet. I am still, mostly, on puree foods. tuna is in heavy rotation in my diet. I tried to eat baked chicken, but it feels like its sitting on my chest.

Overall, I am satisfied with my progress. Keep the updates coming!

You are doing great! Wow! We are about the same weight at surgery but I have only lost about 20.

You are still on pureed foods this far out? I can eat anything I want only in smaller portions with no problem and am getting in about 700 calories a day. Maybe I need to rethink my diet and go back to pureed foods? Are you exercising? That is something that I am in the process of working into my daily routine now.

Keep Rockin' that Sleeve!!!! :)

You are doing great! Wow! We are about the same weight at surgery but I have only lost about 20.

You are still on pureed foods this far out? I can eat anything I want only in smaller portions with no problem and am getting in about 700 calories a day. Maybe I need to rethink my diet and go back to pureed foods? Are you exercising? That is something that I am in the process of working into my daily routine now.

Keep Rockin' that Sleeve!!!! :)

I am a self-pay without insurance. I know I'm being overly cautious with the diet, but I am absolutely terrified of a leak. My doctor "fussed" at me at checkup. He told me that I needed to try different foods. So I slowly added soft meats. I mainly eat Protein, by way of tuna, soft chicken, bacon pieces, eggs, refried Beans, soft deli meats and cheeses. It's pretty rare that I eat the chicken - I don't like the way it just sits there. I want no parts of steak yet because a few weeks back I accidentally swallowed a hunk without thinking. (old grilling behaviors - subconsciously tasting a piece while cooking) I though I was going to die! I couldn't even vomit that piece back up. Also I do still make Protein smoothies, although not daily as I should.

I have not exercised consistently. I probably walk about three times per week. Starting tomorrow, I will have to do it daily. I need to do something about my painful booty! LOL! Butt muscles may help my situation.

I was sleeved on 2/13/12. Since surgery, I have lost 60 lbs, and 75 lbs overall since I decided to get sleeved. I still have about 75-100 lbs to go, but I will get there eventually. I can eat whatever I want, BUT, I have no appetite, and chicken is no longer my favorite food. I could eat chicken several times a week, pre op, but now, it makes me feel terrible. I don't eat more than 2-3 ozs at a time, and usually never more that 500 a day. I am exercising, got my gym membership, just need to go more often, but due to real life, and illnesses within the family, I havent made it out as much as I'd like. My favorite thing to eat is Mini Quakes Cheddar flavored, Cereal, frozen yogurt, eggs and applesauce. Its odd how thick or heavy foods don't agree with me! I do treat myself occasionally to chips and queso, and I've even had a couple bites of pizza....mainly I try to stick with Protein Shakes and crystal light though. I have had a hard time finding Protein that I really enjoy other than Unjury chocolate Splendor. I bought some of the Syntrax Nectar sample packs and I am trying those now. I look forward to becoming the happier healthier me!