Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Just Got The Call Yesterday To Schedule My Surgery!

YAY! I'm sooooo excited but I'm soooooo scared at the same time. I keep wondering if I'm in God's will. I mean should I just go on and be happy with the way God made me OR does He have his hand on it because everything has gone so smoothly. My consultation appointment was March 19th and I got the call yesterday to schedule my surgery. I just had my psych eval this Monday (that was my last piece of it) and within 3 days insurance had already approved it. So my surgery is scheduled for April 24th (they wanted to do it the 16th but that day didn't work for me). This means that I will be through with the surgery within a month of my 1st visit. That's what I mean by everything going so smoothly. I'm thankful! Does anyone understand what I mean by being in God's will?? I don't know I guess I'm just scared. Thanks to all!

Congrats!..my surgery is on the 23rd..I had my psych eval on Monday to and got the call yesterday to let me know I've been approved..it also took me around a month for all the testing only because I did the required 7month weight loss program last may before I opted for weight loss surgery(lucky me)..everything happens for a reason..good luck with your surgery!

YAY! I'm sooooo excited but I'm soooooo scared at the same time. I keep wondering if I'm in God's will. I mean should I just go on and be happy with the way God made me OR does He have his hand on it because everything has gone so smoothly. My consultation appointment was March 19th and I got the call yesterday to schedule my surgery. I just had my psych eval this Monday (that was my last piece of it) and within 3 days insurance had already approved it. So my surgery is scheduled for April 24th (they wanted to do it the 16th but that day didn't work for me). This means that I will be through with the surgery within a month of my 1st visit. That's what I mean by everything going so smoothly. I'm thankful! Does anyone understand what I mean by being in God's will?? I don't know I guess I'm just scared. Thanks to all!

I have the same feeling, but I honestly believe God wants us to lives to our fullest potential! God made me in his image but I am the one who put on the weight, not God! I would suggest praying that is this Gods will for your life. If you are not feeling scenes of peace about the surgery then that might be your answer. But Also know that God loves you regardless

Thank you urbandecano5! I was so lucky my insurance didn't require the 6 month pre-op weight loss diet thingy. Sounds like we get to be surgery buddies! Please keep me posted on how things are going for you! Good luck!

Thank you for your words of encouragement peace1127! It feels good to know I'm not the only one who thought about this and you are absolutely right......He did not make me overeat. I have been praying through this whole process. I have prayed that he show me if this is not His will but things have progressed so quickly I can't help but think it was His hand controlling it. I want to feel good and not be afraid to run around in the yard and play with my boys.....afraid that I will break something because it feels my knees and ankles can no longer support my body! That is going to be worth EVERYTHING! Thank you again!

I believe I have been sinning with food. Gluttony (sp)...and surgery will help me not to do that anymore. God would want that. Just like he would want an alcoholic to do whatever it takes not to drink including rehab. You know what I mean? I decided at the start of this process that if God wanted me to do this, doors would open easily. And they have. So, I believe this is what God wants. Even when I get scared sometimes...

I believe I have been sinning with food. Gluttony (sp)...and surgery will help me not to do that anymore. God would want that. Just like he would want an alcoholic to do whatever it takes not to drink including rehab. You know what I mean? I decided at the start of this process that if God wanted me to do this, doors would open easily. And they have. So, I believe this is what God wants. Even when I get scared sometimes...

Exactly how I felt!! So weird you used the alcoholic reference. Once I came to the realization that if my mother had an option to have surgery which would have been a tool for her to fight her addiction to alcohol I knew she would have done it in a heartbeat. So I had no more doubts about whether I should proceed with my surgery or not.

Congrats LTARLTON!!

I am sure she would have!! I hate hearing people say "why can't you just lose the weight on your own".... I want to say...for the same reason X wants you to understand his sex addiction...why he can't stop. Why so and so can't stop throwing up to stay skinny...or why her over there has to take meds to stay off heroin...but we feel sorry for those people. Reach out to be supportive and do what we can to support them...but people that become obese get the stank eye instead...LOL

I am lucky to have a great support system. The ones that asked that question easily became convinced of why its important to me. And I feel sorry for others who don't have it so easy as I do...makes me sick!!

I got the call on Wednesday and I ran around my office high-fiving people! I had to jump through all of the hoops, 6 month diet and all. I am so glad I made it here. I have lost the weight on my own 3 times before and have always gained it back. I really hope this is the change I need and feel very blessed.

Thank you sooo much everyone for the support and words of encouragement! I absolutely agree with all of you! I feel so much better! Thank you again!