Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All 3 Month-Ers! How Are Things Going?

Hello 3 month-ers!

How has your experience been so far? I am struggling with the feeling of being full. Just in the last week I have been feeling more hungry than in the past. Maybe its all in my head but wondering if there were anyothers with the same experience. Let me know.

Hey!!! I'm 3 months and 2 weeks... I feel great.. but I'm dealing w/ feeling okay about eating!!! I obsess over the number of calories I'm consuming... and I went through a sweets phase last month while I was celebrating my birthday.. Back on track now, exercising and severely limiting my sugar intake..

As far as hunger, I only experience it when I'm not drinking enough Water.. when my fluids are on track, I have to schedule my meals.. No Water means I'm eating ALL day!!!

I was sleeved on Jan. 5th. I still experience an extreme "full feeling" - especially after I eat Proteins like chicken, eggs or jerkey. Embrace it! I have become methodical with my eating habits. I find myself eating the same foods almost daily. Kashi Go Lean, egg whites w/ ff cheddar cheese and dill, chobani w/ Kashi, Jerky, Dal, and chicken tenderloins. I still don't feel "hunger" - per se. I feel empty - and that is typically my signal to drink more Water. I have found it quite easy to get in the recommended proteins and water daily. Until recently, I was having a difficult time getting in enough calories - because I was always so full. I am doing better now, and take in about 600-700 daily. I found that the easiest way to increase calories was to add nuts or an additional Protein Shake in the PM. (The problem with nuts is that I can eat them like there's no tomorrow! I definitely have to monitor my intake with them!). I'm on my 2nd stall. The first one lasted a little over 2 weeks - and now this one has lasted about 2. Frustrating, yes.... This too, shall pass, though. I am down 38 since being sleeved, 74 since I began this journey in October. I feel better than I have in years! I am soooo glad that I decided to do this. It is definitely a wonderful tool. This is probably more info than you were looking for. I kinda get to rambling. Sorry! Best of luck to you!

Hello 3 month-ers!

How has your experience been so far? I am struggling with the feeling of being full. Just in the last week I have been feeling more hungry than in the past. Maybe its all in my head but wondering if there were anyothers with the same experience. Let me know.

when i first started my journey i was never hungry, i had to remind myself to eat. Now though, i eat my 3 meals a day - without having to be reminded. I don't get starving, but i just know hmmm, i wouldn't mind eating now! When i do drink more i don't feel as hungry.

kathy

I think you ladies have a point. I have been slacking with my liquids this week and so maybe that is why I "think" I'm hungry. @Favoredone- You have done a great!! I haven't been counting my calories...dietician says its not that important at this stage. What do you think about that? If I had to guess I would say I average 800 to 1000/day. I will be 3 months on the 9th and my 3 month appt. is on the 13th. I only weigh myself on the 9th of every month and at the doctors. What about you? @Kthump- I tend to eat pretty much the same things also. Have you found that your weightloss has increased or stay steady because of the foods you are eating. I have been wondering if my body is at a plateau because I am eating the same foods and doing the same movements? Any thoughts on that? @likasulema: Im curious about the foods you eat that are high in Protein and satisfying.

I am just about 3 months. I can eat anything, but stick to Protein rich foods. Even my bread has 10 grams of Protein per serving. I eat a lot of salmon, ahi, shrimp, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, quinoa, cheese, fruit, vegetable and nuts. I have dark chocolate 72 % almost every night. just a tiny square. They say is is antioxidant so I'm good with it. I drink a lot of crystal light and occasionally fruit juice with carbonated Water.

I get around 700-800 calories a day. I try to keep the carbs below 40 grams and the fat below 35. I eat full fat cheese so sometimes it goes above that.

I might hit my halfway mark by Easter. That would be 58 pounds in three months which isn't too shabby. I'm happy about it, especially since my surgeon said that all I should hope to lose was 50% of my excess weight.

@Kareforme... I am dying here at my sister's house.. she doesn't have a scale!!! UGH!! I'm so afraid that I've gained weight.. I don't see how.. LOL...I've been told that I shouldn't stress about the calories either.. At my support group, the vets are like... workout at your own pace, get your fluids in and make sure you eat.. the weight will come off!! I should believe them.. they've lost literally hundreds of pounds!!!

I'm a very positive person.. it seems lately though, I've been struggling w/ believing that Sleevina is doing her job.. I know she is.. it's just crazy.. This journey is something!!!

I will hit the three month mark on Friday and am down a total of 50lbs. 35 since surgery date and 15 preop. I am averaging between 700-900 calories per day and trying to keep net carbs under 25. My problem is that I can eat anything. Nothing upsets Nanner so it is taking a lot of will power to eat healthy. Sometimes I wish that sweet stuff would make me sick so that it would be easier to stay away from it. But oh well this has been am amazing ride so far. Only 60 more lbs till goal!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am 3 months 2 weeks. I eat 800 calories a day. 70 grams Protein, 60 gram carbs, 80-100 oz of Water. I have lost 63 pounds. I can eat almost anything. My sleeve doesn't like milk, ice cream, chocolate. I enjoy food with a lot of flavor now. Spices are my best friend.

I also do 5-7 hours of cardio, weight training a week.

I'm 3 1/2 months out. I had complications so things are a little mixed up and I've never been "on track" since. To calculate my weightloss, it's been difficult because I gained a bit being on tpn from my leak so I had to lose weight twice. So I decided to calculate from my all time highest weight, which was in November. I've lost 52 pounds from my highest weight. My leak really messed up the process for me, I can't really enjoy the loss of what I have had since surgery because I gained then had to lose it again,,it's just messed up. I'm having a hard time and keeping it quiet out of fear of being lashed with a whip...I have a hard time hearing the truth but I consider myself a positive person most of the time.

I don't track well, I'm losing weight but I eat what I like,,but lay easy on carbs..breads and Pasta and such. I excercise like a maniac. I got fussed at by the doc because I haven't been tracking my Protein, Water or anything. I joined myfitnesspal but only logged 3 times. I'm not good at tracking at all. I'm in therapy we discuss my disorganization as well as my head hunger. I have a tendency to overeat just because..it's not that I'm still hungry because I'm full,,I just can't keep my brain from telling me to eat something again. I am struggling and have decided to come clean in hopes to get support. I consider myself a true addict of food and before I mess this up, I really need help. I know what I need to do but am having such a hard time with motivation or something. I can't figure it out..the answer is simple but I ignore it. Any suggestions would be so helpful.

Yes, why is it that sugary items like candy go down so well? I don't have issues with anything either but I tnink I am done with my sugar binge. It doesn't give me the same pleasure that it used too. I am 3 months as of March 16th. Sometimes I think my sleeve doesn't work but as soon as I eat meat like chicken I get that feeling where I am getting full. It's like the sleeve knows what you are eating but will not stop you from eating unhealthy foods. For those who think the sleeve is an easy way out, this definitely challenges me to stay on track! The weight loss is still in my hands.

I'm right about at the 3 month mark. I don't know how much I have lost - I haven't weighed myself in over 3 weeks. I only weighed myself 3 weeks ago because i just got back from a 3 week long trip and wanted to see where I was. I've gone down a couple car sizes, moved the steering wheel all the way down in the car, can sit in booths at restaurants more than comforably, haven't found a chair I don't fit in, feel great and have been eating well. Energy is growing, skin is clearing up, periods are seeming to be regulating (which is AMAZING) I know that since I've started my preop I'm down at least 60 lbs and that was January 18th. So yeah - I'm kicking ass. I would love to have lost more weight but I haven't really worked out much - but I'm cleared to do that starting monday and just had tv installed in the workout room in the basement so ZERO excuses! :)

I have had zero complications - I have never thrown up. I only slimed once but that was because I sneezed and swallowed too big a bite once. I get my liquids in and eat 3 meals a day and 2 Snacks. I feel better than I have in YEARS. I haven't had an adrenal attack since before surgery - and that's amazing - I was having them about every 2 weeks or more frequent before. This has changed my life back to being worth living again :)