Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has Anyone Else Never Thrown Up?

I was told and I was prepared to throw up after VSG. I read on here it happens a lot. I am 7 weeks out and havent vomitted once. I am glad, dont get me wrong but i want to hear there are others who never have. I feel like i eat normally now just smaller sizes so i am not eating just soft and i do feel restriction. It makes me feel like maybe i am doing something wrong.

I haven't either.

You're not doing anything wrong if you're not vomiting. You are chewing well, not overeating, and your sleeve is tolerant of the food you eat. I am 14 months out and vomited a few times at your stage when I introduced a new food and my sleeve would not accept it. Salmon made me vomit an entire day, after it was all out, but it irritated my stomach so much I couldn't keep anything down. Be thankful you have a calm sleeve!

I was told and I was prepared to throw up after VSG. I read on here it happens a lot. I am 7 weeks out and havent vomitted once. I am glad, dont get me wrong but i want to hear there are others who never have. I feel like i eat normally now just smaller sizes so i am not eating just soft and i do feel restriction. It makes me feel like maybe i am doing something wrong.

My surgery was on 2/13/12 and I've not thrown up since my leak test in the hospital. (I threw up in the hospital 4 times because I was strict NPO and the "gunk" in my throat kept building up and making me hurl.) I've not thrown up since. I also feel like I'm tolerating all food and feel pretty normal when I'm eating, except for the restriction. My book says that if a food does make you throw up, you either ate too much, too fast, too big of bites, didn't chew well enough or are just temporarily not tolerating that particular food at the moment.

I'm thankful to feel so normal so early, but I feel like you- I hope everything is all right and I'm still going to lose weight :s

I agree with what you are saying I felt the same way as I didn't have any problems either and still aren't having any difficulty eating. I am 7 months since my surgery and feel like I am still eating like I had before surgery only in smaller portions. I do find some things don't agree with me as well and give me heartburn but that is the only effect I feel. Keep up the good work.

I only threw up in the hosp. right after surgery. which was probably the anithesia and pain meds for me. I am very sensitive.

The only other time was when I took Vitamins on an empty stomach.. Highly don't recommed it..

I tend to eat fast , bad habit and never gets foamies, slimies or throw up..just lucky I guess..

Julie

None yet thank God!

I've only thrown up once in 7 months. I ate at Carrabas with friends and, not thinking, took a sip of my drink as we were leaving. I'd had bread and a good bit of fried seafood, along with a few bites of Pasta during dinner. By the time I got to the parking lot, I gave my dinner back. I learned a VERY valuable lesson about being super aware of drinking and not letting myself get too full with carb based foods.

Me! I have never thrown up. Since day one in the hospital everything has stayed put :D Now, I've had some nausea here and there, but I've just been very careful and I don't push it. At first I would go slowly and allow my sleeve to adjust. I will say I didn't try anything "different" for me until quite a few months after surgery. For instance, I'm not a fish eater, so I didn't eat any fish after surgery until last week when I tried some of my friends (still don't like lol). I stuck to foods that were simple but I knew that I liked. I was very happy when sleevie liked them too (like slow cooked pork roast).

Treat your sleeve kindly :) We are both lucky enough to have easy-going sleeves! I am definitely thankful for that.

I've never yakked, and the only nausea I've experienced was after eating some low-carb ice cream. Love my sleeve.

7 weeks out today and only threw up once...vitamins on an empty sleeve. I must have a steel bucket of a sleeve because I can eat anything! I get a very clear full signal even though I do still tend to eat fast (bad habit that I really need to break, lol).

Thanks everyone! It feels better to hear from others. I am so glad my sleeve is so tolerant and hope it keeps up. :)

I've not thrown up at all and it's been close to 5 months. Even coming out of surgery and anesthesia (which I normally do). I've not found anything that my stomach doesn't tolerate. No complaints on this topic for me.

I'll be 8 wks out tomorrow and I've also never thrown up. I'm surprised because I haven't always stuck to the plan and I still think I eat too fast.